Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings expecting safety Williams back after bye

[size=13pt]Safety Williams eager to prove his playmaking ability[/size]

The big-ticket free agent has yet to take a snap for the Vikings, but that likely will change after the bye week, when he probably will take over as a starter.

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune

Last update: October 23, 2008 - 9:42 PM

The word at Winter Park is that Vikings safety Madieu Williams, the free agent who has been sidelined because of a neck injury since the regular season began, will replace second-round draft choice Tyrell Johnson in the starting lineup when practice resumes Monday for the game against Houston a week from Sunday....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That would be great.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

He better be
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Madieu Williams To Start!

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2099

Finally. we improve just a bit on pass D. But give him a game or 2. He hasnt played so he isnt use to running back and forth and reading QB's, so if he gets beat lets not eat him up.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

Re: Madieu Williams To Start!

Yeah I heard eariler this week, we will need him to slow down this texans pass O. I know they played 3 easy games in a row but 5th in the league is pretty scary

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    The more important fact here imho ,is Madieu will be able to help out Cedric"Burned man" Griffin in that medium range passes in which the 23 always struggles
    Although I don't think that Ced gets "Burned" as much as most of out tout on here, it is a valid point.

If anyone thinks that having the rook playing behind him in this scheme isn't affecting his play/expanded role then they should revisit the whole Cover 2 concept.

I've said it numerous times and alluded to it even more, I do not understand why they didn't roll Sharp to Griffs side and STJ to Whinny's side.
    Seems to me that would have spread the experience around a bit more as we all know the S's in this scheme are basically interchangeable (at least in theory).

Johnson has been working as the No. 2 strong safety to Sharper, but in the Tampa-2 scheme the Vikings run the safety positions are interchangeable. "It's been tough. It's just a mental strain because there are so many plays and so many gaps you've got to remember on every play," Johnson said of making the adjustment from Arkansas State to the Vikings.

Sharper expressed confidence in Johnson and said the key thing for him will be to make sure he's in the proper position. "With what we like to do, we have to make sure everyone is in a certain area and you have a certain area you have to cover," Sharper said. "You never have to do anyone else's job.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/26...tml?page=2&c=y
    A large percentage of pp.oers assume that because a ball is caught by a receiver on the offenses left, Cedric Griffin is at fault. Sure he gets beat, but so does Tyrell.

How about our LBers coverage? Not the best. I'm not so sure any of them are really pure rangy, athletic, cover 2 guys.

Sharper? The ball hawk who stopped ball hawking

People need to quit blaming Griffin and realize the whole D needs to step up.

... Or we need a coaching staff/scheme that fits the team, not fits square pegs into round holes.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    The more important fact here imho ,is Madieu will be able to help out Cedric"Burned man" Griffin in that medium range passes in which the 23 always struggles
    Although I don't think that Ced gets "Burned" as much as most of out tout on here, it is a valid point.

If anyone thinks that having the rook playing behind him in this scheme isn't affecting his play/expanded role then they should revisit the whole Cover 2 concept.

I've said it numerous times and alluded to it even more, I do not understand why they didn't roll Sharp to Griffs side and STJ to Whinny's side.
    Seems to me that would have spread the experience around a bit more as we all know the S's in this scheme are basically interchangeable (at least in theory).

Johnson has been working as the No. 2 strong safety to Sharper, but in the Tampa-2 scheme the Vikings run the safety positions are interchangeable. "It's been tough. It's just a mental strain because there are so many plays and so many gaps you've got to remember on every play," Johnson said of making the adjustment from Arkansas State to the Vikings.

Sharper expressed confidence in Johnson and said the key thing for him will be to make sure he's in the proper position. "With what we like to do, we have to make sure everyone is in a certain area and you have a certain area you have to cover," Sharper said. "You never have to do anyone else's job.
    A large percentage of pp.oers assume that because a ball is caught by a receiver on the offenses left, Cedric Griffin is at fault. Sure he gets beat, but so does Tyrell.

How about our LBers coverage? Not the best. I'm not so sure any of them are really pure rangy, athletic, cover 2 guys.

... Or we need a coaching staff/scheme that fits the team, not fits square pegs into round holes.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "El" wrote:

Did he stop or has he been handcuffed by the scheme & not allow to roam?

[size=13pt]Safety given OK to play, might make his first start[/size]

By CHIP SCOGGINS and JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

Last update: October 30, 2008 - 7:20 AM

Safety Madieu Williams should make his Vikings debut Sunday against Houston. Vikings coach Brad Childress stopped short of guaranteeing that Wednesday, but said "we're moving to that."...

[size=13pt]Vikings' Williams anxious for 1st game of season[/size]

The Associated Press

Published: October 31, 2008

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn.: The waiting game for Madieu Williams is almost over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast