"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings expect to get Jackson back[/size]

Starting QB should be healthy for Bears game

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press
    They both can't throw.
    T-Jack is worse compared to Holcomb.

I still think it's too early to tell about TJack.

I agree that what happened in the Lions game is the worst QB play so far, but I'm not ready to say he's worse than Holcombs pathetic play yet.
    I don't know, the kid stinks pretty bad. He has been out two games and now he has another excuse.

The kid just can't play.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings expect to get Jackson back

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press
    They both can't throw.

I agree that what happened in the Lions game is the worst QB play so far, but I'm not ready to say he's worse than Holcombs pathetic play yet.
    I don't know, the kid stinks pretty bad. He has been out two games and now he has another excuse.

The kid just can't play.
    So that is your opinion.

Me, though I'm not impressed yet, I'd like to know for sure before I throw him out like a pair of stinking used socks with holes in them

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"cogitans" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press
    They both can't throw.

The kid just can't play.
    So that is your opinion.

Me, though I'm not impressed yet, I'd like to know for sure before I throw him out like a pair of stinking used socks with holes in them
    Can you tell me this though?
    Do you see any talent in him?
    What says this could be our QB of the future?
    Is it because we picked him in the 2nd round, he wasn't suppose to go until the 5th.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    [quote author=cogitans link=topic=38455.msg648434#msg648434 date=1191309938]

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press
    They both can't throw.

The kid just can't play.
    So that is your opinion.

Can you tell me this though?
    Do you see any talent in him?
    What says this could be our QB of the future?
    Is it because we picked him in the 2nd round, he wasn't suppose to go until the 5th.

[/quote]
    It has nothing to do with where the hell he were drafted.

I can see he can make some of the throws, and I think there is a possibility that he might improve when the game slows down for him, and he will be able to make his read quicker. The major problem is getting rid of the turnovers, and be able to bounce back from a bad game.

I'm not saying that this will happen, and that he is the next coming, I just would like to be sure and give him a chance. Because frankly, we have no other choices at this point.

The worst thing that could happen to this team is, that we get to the end of the year, and we still don't know for sure if he can play or not.

Therefore I say let him play the year out, and lets ride the ups and downs with him. Then we can know for certain when we evaluate in December.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

They both can't throw.

The kid just can't play.

4 games into the season, 2 of which he played in & you're making knee jerk assumptions about a "green" kid thrust into the starting role.

I tend to value the coaches/scouts evaluation & judgement of a player moreso than most on this forum.

Let me ask you this, who would you rather see at QB. Now go look up his stats for his 1st 4 games.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Tarvaris still has hope. Great quarterbacks often take a year or so to develop, if he shows any more promise what so ever this year, get ready for another offseason just like last year.

He threw good balls all through preseason, I just think this is his first real NFL action and it might take him all of 4 or 5 games to adjust.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He certainly has been injury prone so far in his young career. It is only 1/4 of the way through his second season and he has spent a sizeable chunk of that time on the shelf between the knee injury last year and the groin this year.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Other than the Detroit game, where he basically threw three up for grabs, he has made very few mental errors.
    IMHO accuracy and touch come with experience.
    Timing with your receivers takes practice and play time.
    I have seen several moments of poise in the pocket where he gets the ball up the sideline and out of bounds, OR tucks the ball and runs for the first.
    He's got a cannon.
    He can get it deep.
    He is very green and was obviously nervous in that Detroit game.
    Our Oline played poorly as well, so some of the blame lies there-its hard to get anything going with your pocket collapsing instantly on most downs.
    But having Chester and Tony R back brings a wealth of experience to the huddle, our OLine did look improved last week.
    With all the young talent on this team, and new faces in the huddle (Rice, Wade, AP, Ferg, Shank) I'm betting those two make a huge difference in his confidence level on the field.
    After watching Holcomb's wild shooting for two weeks, I AM STOKED TJACK IS BACK!!

They often say that the WCO relies on timing...we've got a QB with 4 starts, 2 starting WRs, a starting TE, and our best RB all have 4 starts in this offense, and only 2 with TJack.
    Our oline has been together for 1.25 seasons in this new system.
    From what we hear, the KAO is a complicated system...which, I imagine, helps keep defenses off balance when executed correctly.
    Perhaps, there is MUCH more potential here than we realize.

The sad, frustrating part of it all, is that while our offense needs another year to click (probably more, possibly less) our Defense is built to win now.
    But, overall, the talent seems to be accumulating, and they do seem to be team oriented, character guys.
    Most of the defense is signed for the next 3-5 years, so there may be a bigger window there than some think.

As for Plummer?
    I'd only bring him in as a backup, probably drop Holcomb and/or Bollinger and look to pick up another project.
    But, I saw plenty of him out here in CO, and it seems to me he's proved he's a good scrambling QB, but not a great one.
    He tends to make the biggest mistakes in the biggest games.
    I'd rather see TJack develop for year or two.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Other than the Detroit game, where he basically threw three up for grabs, he has made very few mental errors.
    IMHO accuracy and touch come with experience.
    Timing with your receivers takes practice and play time.
    I have seen several moments of poise in the pocket where he gets the ball up the sideline and out of bounds, OR tucks the ball and runs for the first.
    He's got a cannon.
    He can get it deep.
    He is very green and was obviously nervous in that Detroit game.
    Our Oline played poorly as well, so some of the blame lies there-its hard to get anything going with your pocket collapsing instantly on most downs.
    But having Chester and Tony R back brings a wealth of experience to the huddle, our OLine did look improved last week.
    With all the young talent on this team, and new faces in the huddle (Rice, Wade, AP, Ferg, Shank) I'm betting those two make a huge difference in his confidence level on the field.
    After watching Holcomb's wild shooting for two weeks, I AM STOKED TJACK IS BACK!!

They often say that the WCO relies on timing...we've got a QB with 4 starts, 2 starting WRs, a starting TE, and our best RB all have 4 starts in this offense, and only 2 with TJack.
    Our oline has been together for 1.25 seasons in this new system.
    From what we hear, the KAO is a complicated system...which, I imagine, helps keep defenses off balance when executed correctly.
    Perhaps, there is MUCH more potential here than we realize.

The sad, frustrating part of it all, is that while our offense needs another year to click (probably more, possibly less) our Defense is built to win now.
    But, overall, the talent seems to be accumulating, and they do seem to be team oriented, character guys.
    Most of the defense is signed for the next 3-5 years, so there may be a bigger window there than some think.

As for Plummer?
    I'd only bring him in as a backup, probably drop Holcomb and/or Bollinger and look to pick up another project.
    But, I saw plenty of him out here in CO, and it seems to me he's proved he's a good scrambling QB, but not a great one.
    He tends to make the biggest mistakes in the biggest games.
    I'd rather see TJack develop for year or two.
    He just needs to learn when to throw the ball away. He throws two of those away instead of the interceptions & despite the lousy play by a lot of the offense, the outcome could have been different.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I hope so. I think he could pan out figers crossed on that one.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast