Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    OMG I was thinking the same thing when I read that post. Please don't get Marty started with that again! Lol
    LOL, you and Webby crack me up.

I will say this however, because I was so quick to jump on the Noodle, I have resisted the urget to hack on the QB outright and have blamed most of the passing on trying to get the timing down.

I am now off that tact. Just to many short and left on the 3, 4, 5, and 6 routes and to many over thrown on the 7, 8 and 9 routes.

On the reply to the one to Berrian, I love the shot they had of Dnabb and Herrera. Both were ready to celebrate until they saw it was overthrown.

By the way, he made two reads before he threw that my friend. Can't blame it on the OL.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Nope. A limp wrist is a whole different discussion.
    Well played my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If anyone ever actually watched him play and expected anything different they were delusional. If they also believe he will try to actually fix those mechanics they are even more so.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    If anyone ever actually watched him play and expected anything different they were delusional. If they also believe he will try to actually fix those mechanics they are even more so.
    Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Can't teach an old dog new tricks.
    Problem is they couldn't teach that dog when he was young or he wouldn't have those issues now.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    To his credit I think McNabb has made great decsions, regularly finding the open guy, rarely throwing into double coverage, buying time in the pocket. His failing is simply the execution. Never seen so many plain bad throws.

I don't see him getting much better either. Doesn't appear to be timing issues.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    To his credit I think McNabb has made great decsions, regularly finding the open guy, rarely throwing into double coverage, buying time in the pocket...
    +1

He isnt a gun-slinger, throw deep into tripple coverage and hope-for-the-best type of QB like #4 was, though he did actually have a WR who would 'go up and get it' in Sidley, where as McNabb has to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Honestly, i dont think McNabb is the problem, least he shouldn't be getting the amount of flack he is anyway. The numbers 22/36, 211yrds, 1 TD, 0INT, are decent numbers, not great but not bad either... vanilla would be the word.

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    +1

He isnt a gun-slinger, throw deep into tripple coverage and hope-for-the-best type of QB like #4 was, though he did actually have a WR who would 'go up and get it' in Sidley, where as McNabb has to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Honestly, i dont think McNabb is the problem, least he shouldn't be getting the amount of flack he is anyway. The numbers 22/36, 211yrds, 1 TD, 0INT, are decent numbers, not great but not bad either... vanilla would be the word.
    His numbers on 3rd downs this season are awful though. Which is where we actually need him to play well

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Shouldn't they have done this before they signed him?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kspurplepride View Post
    His numbers on 3rd downs this season are awful though. Which is where we actually need him to play well
    37.5% completion on 3rd downs.

Opposed to his 58% total completion rate, 78.1 QB rating, 478 yards(159 per game) and 2 TDs. All of which rank among the bottom 6 QBs in the league. So, Johnson, they are not "decent numbers" they are some of the worst numbers in the league. His company in that bottom 6(for yardage):Luke McCown, Matt Cassel, Kerry Collins, Alex Smith and Tarvaris Jackson.

So while that 1 interception over 3 games may look pretty good, when there's no production to go along with it, it's not. A 2:1 TD:INT ratio is impressive, but not when you only throw two TDs. That's pretty lame.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast