singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings: Ends well, so all's well

[size=13pt]Vikings vs. Washington: Ends well, so all's well[/size]

Despite missing three of their top defensive ends, the Vikings have adjusted without much difficulty, thanks to the contributions of the players who have filled in and stepped up in the others' absence.

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: December 23, 2007 - 8:25 AM

What an NFL team envisions in July and what occurs in December can end up being two very different things.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings: Ends well, so all's well

Very nice read my friend.
    Couple of comments.

Anyone still doubt our coaching staffs abilities.
    IMHO guys like Dunbar are doing a great job of getting this team ready to play each and every week.
    Sure there has some bad times, but damn doesn't the future look bright?
    ;D

Suddenly, Dunbar was missing half his guys.

"You don't worry about it," he said. "Hopefully the job you're doing as far as teaching the young guys behind them, they are ready to step up and hold the rope. That's what we tell our guys all the time. We are going to coach the guys that are here. We know injury is a part of this game, and losing guys when they don't do the right thing is a part of this game."
    ..........That became clear Dec. 5, when the team signed Otis Grigsby off the Panthers practice squad. Four days later, Grigsby was on the field, and contributed a sack, in the Vikings' victory at San Francisco.

"They've played really well," linebacker Chad Greenway said of the ends. "The biggest thing you lose is experience. But those guys have stepped in and done a great job, rose to the occasion. You've seen our defense has played pretty well in their place. Really, there has been no falloff, and that's what you want to have."
    Hey all you yutz's who still contend there is no difference between the RDE and LDE positions, take a close look at this..........

When Robison comes out, he is replaced by Grigsby or Udeze. Grigsby has played right end since his arrival, meaning when he's in Udeze stays at his more comfortable position of left end. But the coaching staff believes Mitchell -- who didn't dress to play six times in the Vikings' first 11 games -- is a better left end, so when he enters, Udeze switches from base to rush end.
    SNAPPAGE IN YOUR ORFICE.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

As much as I like the job we are doing, if we get that double digit sacker like someone had mentioned yesterday we would be the best defense in the league and be a powerful team when TJ gets a few more games under his belt.

[size=13pt]Jim Souhan: Second act of revitalized season playing in prime time[/size]

After hope seemed to die in a loss at Green Bay, Vikings coach Brad Childress found a formula to get his team back on track.

By Jim Souhan, Star Tribune

Last update: December 22, 2007 - 3:34 PM

...Childress arrived in Minnesota as a sour-pussed, anal-retentive stickler for things that don't matter. That didn't work out too well; he finished 6-10 his first season....

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Jim Souhan: Second act of revitalized season playing in prime time[/size]

After hope seemed to die in a loss at Green Bay, Vikings coach Brad Childress found a formula to get his team back on track.

...Childress arrived in Minnesota as a sour-pussed, anal-retentive stickler for things that don't matter. That didn't work out too well; he finished 6-10 his first season....

I find it amusing that people believe this team is winning cause the Chiller has softened his and that his demand for perfection has lessoned.

I don't believe it for a second. I believe he still acts like the Head Coach of a NFL organization and demands that his players act like professionals.

I believe he has a scheme that he believes will win and hasn't deviated from that scheme regardless of what some sports hack tries to spin it as to lesson the effects of readers finally reliazing that their local hacks don't have a clue when it comes to football.

Face it.
    Almost every talking head, analyst and "sports writer" were wrong about the Chiller and now they are trying to spin the success in a way that makes it look like they were right and the Chiller has conformed to Ole Meatheads way of approaching things.

He hasn't and yet we are winning.
    Maybe, just maybe it has alot to do with a bunch of football players finally buying (after a serious ass whoopin by a better team) in to the rigid system, paying fricken attention in meetings and executing the system as designed that has allowed this staff (and not just the Chiller) to finally get them over the hump and playing team ball.

If this team gets into the playoffs I believe he should be the number one candidate for Coach of the Year instead of a guy called McCarthy who had arguably the best QB ever in the NFL running his offense instead of a "No Name" "Raw" "Talentless" QB running his as the Chiller did?

Hmmmmm, wonder if that can be counted as my third rant today.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I find it amusing that people believe this team is winning cause the Chiller has softened his and that his demand for perfection has lessoned.

I don't believe it for a second. I believe he still acts like the Head Coach of a NFL organization and demands that his players act like professionals.

I believe he has a scheme that he believes will win and hasn't deviated from that scheme regardless of what some sports hack tries to spin it as to lesson the effects of readers finally reliazing that their local hacks don't have a clue when it comes to football.

Face it.
    Almost every talking head, analyst and "sports writer" were wrong about the Chiller and now they are trying to spin the success in a way that makes it look like they were right and the Chiller has conformed to Ole Meatheads way of approaching things.

He hasn't and yet we are winning.
    Maybe, just maybe it has alot to do with a bunch of football players finally buying (after a serious ass whoopin by a better team) in to the rigid system, paying fricken attention in meetings and executing the system as designed that has allowed this staff (and not just the Chiller) to finally get them over the hump and playing team ball.

If this team gets into the playoffs I believe he should be the number one candidate for Coach of the Year instead of a guy called McCarthy who had arguably the best QB ever in the NFL running his offense instead of a "No Name" "Raw" "Talentless" QB running his as the Chiller did?

Hmmmmm, wonder if that can be counted as my third rant today.

:
    Did Wildwoman get you a soapbox for Christmas?

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/soapbox.jpg[/img]

"singersp" wrote:

Did Wildwoman get you a soapbox for Christmas?

Not sure what got into me this morning.
    ;D