Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    CHeck out this link:
    Tuesday (The Vikings have a top-10 offense) edition: Wha' Happened? | RandBall | StarTribune.com

Long story short, Cassel gives our offense an extra six offensive points per game over Ponder. This doesn't include defensive/ST touchdowns. With an extra six points every game with him as our starter, we're sitting at 8-5 right now and leading the North.
    I would like to know how the time of possession coincides with the defense sucking so much. The defense looked ok when we were scoring vs the Eagles and keeping the defense off the field.

Just a thought. I wonder if that is consistent all season. So the games the defense really sucked like the article implies.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    CHeck out this link:
    Tuesday (The Vikings have a top-10 offense) edition: Wha' Happened? | RandBall | StarTribune.com

Long story short, Cassel gives our offense an extra six offensive points per game over Ponder. This doesn't include defensive/ST touchdowns. With an extra six points every game with him as our starter, we're sitting at 8-5 right now and leading the North.
    I would like to know how the time of possession coincides with the defense sucking so much. The defense looked ok when we were scoring vs the Eagles and keeping the defense off the field.

Just a thought. I wonder if that is consistent all season. So the games the defense really sucked like the article implies.
    They gave up 30 points to the eEagles where they had just over 23 minutes with the ball. Sounds like they were pretty much on par. But yes, keeping our defense off the field is a good strategy.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Maybe a little help from the defense as well.
    CHeck out this link:

We have been putting up a lot of points this year, unfortunately, giving up a lot more.

Cassel does get more production out of our offense. He should have two more games to show he's worth keeping.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Coaching, Ponder, and defense are our weaknesses. Although the defense has been nicked up quite a bit. All three of these are fixable in the short term.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234