Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Long passing game was new, watching the ball go over the head of the dump rout and land in the hands of one of our guys up field.
    Who where those guys in our secondary?
    Pass blocking seemed to get a bit better as well. And the most impressive thing was a 4 minute drive the put game away, NICE,
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Actually, the Eagles defense is durn near as bas as ours, 3rd worst total yards allowed per game and 2nd worst in passing yards allowed. They haven't allowed as many points as us, likely because their offense get first downs much more regularly than ours...and the fact that our TO differential is 7th worst while theirs is 7th best.

But, Cassell did play one hell of a game. His passes were accurate and arrived timely and with plenty of zip. That big throw after shrugging off pressure and stepping forward in the pocket was a beautiful thing!

Our receiving core suddenly looked not only competent, but deep and dangerous. And, without the benefit of our best two RBs and TEs on the field!?!

The defense looked really good early, but did give up plenty in the 2nd half. Desean Jackson pretty much one man ganged my fantasy football team's season into the dirt yesterday, thanks for not adjusting the defense to cover their one friggin WR coaches!?!!!

Seriously, tho, seems obvious now: Cassell is our best QB. He doesn't have a high completion percentage, but he does have a high per completion yardage, and that can fit nicely into what Peterson can do in the short game. We keep the Cassell, drop the other fools, and draft another QB kinda early....even if we bring in another vet!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    we even suck at losing for draft position... Matt Cassel is not our QB of the future

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Nice game by Cassell and Jennings.

3rd string RB, 3rd string TE and 1st/2nd/3rd string QB depending on the week and we put out are best offensive showing of the year.

Even more impressive, we start an entirely new set of corner backs (Prater, Sherels, and Blanton) and we hold down one of the more impressive offenses until late in the game where it's written that we are not allowed to play defense (something we have in common with Dallas). Prater plays one game as a starter and now has more INT's than Cook in his entire career. 2 sacks a piece by JA and Robison and we double Foles' INT totals for the year.

I'm expecting the same level of performance for the last two games...anybody else?

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Nice game by Cassell and Jennings.

3rd string RB, 3rd string TE and 1st/2nd/3rd string QB depending on the week and we put out are best offensive showing of the year.

Even more impressive, we start an entirely new set of corner backs (Prater, Sherels, and Blanton) and we hold down one of the more impressive offenses until late in the game where it's written that we are not allowed to play defense (something we have in common with Dallas). Prater plays one game as a starter and now has more INT's than Cook in his entire career. 2 sacks a piece by JA and Robison and we double Foles' INT totals for the year.

I'm expecting the same level of performance for the last two games...anybody else?
    No way we play that well outside, on the road, at Cincinasty, who are coming off an ass kicking on the road.

How-ev-uh................

I do expect a good showing for the last game at MOA.
    Last edited by Suick; 12-16-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post
    No way we play that well outside, on the road, at Cincinasty, who are coming off a ass kicking on the road.
    In case you didn't notice, we played pretty darn well in the snow in Baltimore.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I am in Viking heaven right now. I live 40 minutes south of Philly...my Eagles fan friends are silent as lambs!
    Hopefully they were running there mouths all week, that makes the quiet all that much better.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    I bet we'd be pushing for a playoff spot had Cassel been the starter all year...

Not that I'm crowning Cassel as a great QB. The Vikes just need a decent quarterback that wont go out and lose them games. Make the short simple passes consistently and hit a deep ball here and there. Something Ponder isn't capable of.
    Maybe a little help from the defense as well.

Lions lose NFC North lead, clear way for Bears, Packers - NFL.com
    Minnesota Vikings (4-9)
    It seems crazy to consider, but if NFL games were only 59 minutes long the Vikings would be 9-5, leading the division. The Vikings have lost the lead in the final minute of play five times this season -- including lost that wacky game against the Baltimore Ravens in which they scored the go-ahead touchdown with 45 second remaining (the snap took place with 1:01 remaining in regulation).

If the Vikings had figured out how to close out games, we'd be discussing Minnesota going to a second consecutive playoffs instead of the temperature under Leslie Frazier's behind.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Lions lose NFC North lead, clear way for Bears, Packers - NFL.com
    Wow. Funny huh. And last year we won how many last minute games!? Lots I seem to recall...

We're good enough to compete, but not quite good enough to dominate or control a full 60 minutes. Not too far off really, IF we get the right coaching staff to coach up our youth and call a bit better game.

Hell, I think we might just win out this season. The Steelers just destroyed the Bengals and the Lions still just can't help themselves. That would push us all the way back to middle of the draft. D'oh!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    CHeck out this link:
    Tuesday (The Vikings have a top-10 offense) edition: Wha' Happened? | RandBall | StarTribune.com

Long story short, Cassel gives our offense an extra six offensive points per game over Ponder. This doesn't include defensive/ST touchdowns. With an extra six points every game with him as our starter, we're sitting at 8-5 right now and leading the North.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast