Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I am in Viking heaven right now. I live 40 minutes south of Philly...my Eagles fan friends are silent as lambs!
    Congrats guy!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Great game for both fans and neutrals alike. Not too many penalties and the backups played like 1st teamers for the most part, good to have Smith back even if he did look a little rusty.

Glad to hear Frazier et al are off and we will have a new HC for next season, I expect the appointment will come early and it wont surprise me if its a college coach. No on ne has mentioned the owner of the worlds smallest play card yet.

I do hope Musgrave follows Frazier out of the door and we get a guy with some passion and fire. Overall I was really happy with the way we played, holding their running game to a season low and burning them for close to 400 yds passing.

I think we keep Cassel now and get a QB late 1st or 2nd along with a line backer and offensive tackle? or replacement or Jared Allen?
    Purple till i die

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Boils down to sharp play from the qb which keeps the defense out of bad situations. Took this bozo coaching staff long enough to figure it out. Ponder can't carry Cassel's jock in a bucket.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Who was that team in purple out there yesterday at the Metrodome and what did you do with my beloved Vikings!!!
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Wow, Did not expect to see 48 points put up, the most since 1998.

Glad to see the "Turnover Machine" (as a certain somebody refers to him) was effective again today, with over 350 yards and 3 tds. The interception was a batted pass, so not DIRECTLY due to a poor decision or throw.

Ratings:

QB: A- Pretty darn good. First 300+ passer in quite a while. He showed poise in the pocket, confidence in this throws, and the courage to stand in and take a hit or run the ball. It's obvious who the best QB on this team is.

RB: B- You can't be too hard on Asiata, a 3rd string who never sees the field is asked to start. He didn't have a terribly strong game between the 20s, but I give him credit on making the most of his goal line carries. 3TDs is pretty good no matter who you are.

TE: C+ A few nice catches by Ford, but with our top two TEs out, you expect some drop off, which happened. Glad to see the backups didn't make costly mistakes (Ahem.. ellison) to cost us points. THey made catches when needed, didn't fumble or have penalties. Overall a not bad outing

OL: B- Amazing what a confident QB will do for an OL. From a technical standpoint, we didn't play any better on the OL than we had throughout the year, but Cassel did a significantly better job of knowing where to go with the ball, only running if he was actually out of time. He had an awareness of the pocket, and was ususally able to escape pressure. A couple sacks, one he darn near brok out of.

WR: A a Damn fine game by Jennings. Like they say, the guys is open (Despite what Ponder tells the media), we just need to get him the ball. Well thrown balls got him 150+ yards. Wright had some very nice grabs, as did Patterson and Simpson. Too bad Patterson couldn't come down with that ball in the endzone. He had it, but the DB did a great job of ripping his hands apart.

DL: A- Not bad at all. They were solid in containing Lesean, pressured Foles to making some poor throws. Add a few sacks in there, and they had a decent game.

LB: B+ A not bad game. Got beat a few times, the long Jackson run was brutal (fortunately the reverse got called back), and he took a screen way longer than he should have. Outside of Desean, they tackled fairly well, and covered decently.

DB: D+ We're really depleted at corner. It's tough to be too hard, when our starters consist of Prater (Who?) and Robert Blanton in Nickel formations. When we need a backup safety to play corner, we're hurting. We got toasted for almost 400 yards as usual, with almost 200 yards to Desean Jackson alone. THe pick was nice, but it would be nicer to not give up 30 points every game. With Robinson on IR now, only Xavier can help us.

Coaching: B Coaches actually coached fairly well. Got back into old habits at times, but like someone here mentioned, without AP, Musgrave had to get creative with the ball. He wasn't nearly as predictable with where the ball was going. If only we could get this musgrave the other 15 weeks.

I bet we'd be pushing for a playoff spot had Cassel been the starter all year...

Not that I'm crowning Cassel as a great QB. The Vikes just need a decent quarterback that wont go out and lose them games. Make the short simple passes consistently and hit a deep ball here and there. Something Ponder isn't capable of.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    I bet we'd be pushing for a playoff spot had Cassel been the starter all year....
    I'd go along with this if our secondary was:

1. Healthy all year
    2. Not a bunch of retards
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    I bet we'd be pushing for a playoff spot had Cassel been the starter all year...

Not that I'm crowning Cassel as a great QB. The Vikes just need a decent quarterback that wont go out and lose them games. Make the short simple passes consistently and hit a deep ball here and there. Something Ponder isn't capable of.
    No we would have not made the playoffs with Cassel starting all year because our defense chokes away leads at the last second and lose

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    No we would have not made the playoffs with Cassel starting all year because our defense chokes away leads at the last second and lose
    Unless we can score points early and often so our D can't choke away games like we did yesterday!

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Unless we can score points early and often so our D can't choke away games like we did yesterday!
    True!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast