Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Vikings Drop Asking Price For Mewelde Moore

Vikings lower asking price for Moore

By Jason Cole

Monday, Oct 15, 2007 1:29 pm EDT

In the aftermath of rookie running back Adrian Peterson's stunning performance Sunday against Chicago -- which led the way to 311 yards rushing for the Vikings -- Minnesota has dropped its demand for a third-round draft pick in exchange for backup running back Mewelde Moore.

According to two league sources, the Vikings have let Tampa Bay, Denver and Houston know that they will take a fourth-round pick by Tuesday, which is the deadline for trades during the season.

Tampa Bay, which struggled to run the ball with third-stringer Earnest Graham against Tennessee, already has lost starter Cadillac Williams for the season with a knee injury and backup Michael Pittman for at least another month with a broken leg.

The Bucs are 4-2 and tied for first place in the NFC South, making them the strongest candidate to want Moore. They reportedly have offered a sixth-round pick for Moore, who will be a free agent after the season and is not expected to return to the Vikings.

Yahoo Story
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikings Drop Asking Price For Mewelde Moore

Hate to see Moore go.
    The guy was a class act, and I've honestly been surprised he wasn't our punt returner this year.
    But, I guess you only have 53 roster spots, and with Taylor and Peterson, there's not much room for another RB.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I hate to see him go but he will be gone after this season so we might as well get a 4th rounder for him.

I hate to see Mewelde go but Iam glad that someone will use his talent and not let him waste it sitting on the bench! No matter where he goes I will always be a fan of his! I wish him the best of luck!!
    :'( my memo

No matter how bad my life gets at least I m not a Packer fan.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Good move IMO.A 4th rounder for a soon to be FA RB is good.He won't resign here, why would he? To be buried beneath Chester and Peterson for his career? Tampa, and Denver IMO will be calling.

I have a lot of respect for Memo. Let me repeat that, A LOT of respect for him. I can remember countless 3rd down runs he made to save our drives.He put together a nice little season as a number 1 for us.Not great, but decent.Hes very shifty and can catch out of the backfield well.Gruden would love that in his system.

Happy Trails MeMo!
    and to the person above me,
    hit me up if you need a new sig

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"Viking_Queen" wrote:
    I hate to see Mewelde go but Iam glad that someone will use his talent and not let him waste it sitting on the bench! No matter where he goes I will always be a fan of his! I wish him the best of luck!!
    :'( my memo
    Three people said that.
    Is he actually gone yet?
    We'll know by tomorrow, in any event.

I think I'd rather have Mewelde than a fourth round pick, even if it's only for the rest of the year.
    I know that a fourth rounder could be good, but a fourth rounder could be bad too.
    I want to see the Vikes run a bunch, and if they do I think Moore will see some action yet.

When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Viking_Queen will be crushed.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am sure he is thrilled that he is reduced to being the NFL's version of the Kmart blue light special
    ;D He is a good guy, hopefully he will find the right team and that the team's stadium is not full of Cheeseheads.

The guy is never active any way....Why not get some value for him? I believe he is a FA after this year and there would be no chance that he resigns with us because he want a chance to show off his skills. I liked the guy i think he is very skilled but i think we should get something for him because he probably won't be used anyways the rest of the year.

Good Luck MeMo!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I would rather see somm esoldi back-up instead of draft pics

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast