Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Another first day starter from this draft class.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 243
    Arm: 32.08
    40 Time: 4.78

Hodges is a hard nose player with good ball instincts. He has over 100 tackles in each of his last two seasons with Penn State.
    I have heard people say they think he is undersized even though he is listed at 238. Either they fudged his weight upwards or they think he can not pack on more pounds.

Size wise he would fit the mold of another Tampa 2 type player, Derrick Brooks. Not saying he is a similar player, just making the comparison for those that use the words undersized.

Derrick Brooks, OLB at NFL.com

I look forward to seeing how this guy fits our team.

Minniman is online now Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    I have heard people say they think he is undersized even though he is listed at 238. Either they fudged his weight upwards or they think he can not pack on more pounds.
    The scuttlebutt is that he did not play at that weight, and he packed on some pounds for the combine.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    (null)
    Mauti plays MLB and he is a damn good one. Big 10 LB of the year and 1st team all American last year. If he stays healthy, he can be our guy. Still wouldn't mind seeing Urlacher or Dansby.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I am surprised this guy was still on the board. Interesting.
    Seems the big knock on him is his frame can't add more weight. In the end, I'm not sure why you would want him to add more but I guess its important.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post

Size wise he would fit the mold of another Tampa 2 type player, Derrick Brooks. Not saying he is a similar player, just making the comparison for those that use the words undersized.

Derrick Brooks, OLB at NFL.com

I look forward to seeing how this guy fits our team.
    I think it depends on two things....

1. How healthy is Mauti.

2. Will Erin move inside if he isn't ready to go this year.

If he is healthy that will allow Erin to stay outside and then I assume they will ask Gerold to drop a few pounds and focus on ST's and learning from the bench.

If Mauti can't go, Erin will move inside and I bet Gerald gets his shot to start.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Seen some film on this guy, he is often lined up at CB in the dime package, says a lot on how his coaches trust his coverage abilities.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Seen some film on this guy, he is often lined up at CB in the dime package, says a lot on how his coaches trust his coverage abilities.
    I don't think that anyone questions his coverage abilities. At least for me, I'm more concerned about the other half of his role when playing the game.....Run Defense.....

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I don't think that anyone questions his coverage abilities. At least for me, I'm more concerned about the other half of his role when playing the game.....Run Defense.....
    It's a passing league people keep telling me. Hodges should give us some more options with packages early on if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    It's a passing league people keep telling me. Hodges should give us some more options with packages early on if nothing else.
    Agree, but in the end, our pass defensive woes are going to be solved by a certain Warpig drafted in the first round.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast