Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

The Vikings don't have a #1 WR? Read preview for sunday

I am pretty sure that Nate the Great is and will be our #1 WR! What were these guys smoking?

[quote]

Preview

Tampa Bay at Minnesota
    NFL.com wire reports

Matchup Breakdown | Game Notes

(Sept. 7, 2005) -- The Minnesota Vikings may not have a clear-cut No. 1 receiver, but the focal point of the offense is quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

Nate Burleson was Minnesota's No. 2 receiver last year and could be ready to become Culpepper's primary target after catching 68 passes for 1,006 yards. The Vikings also have two former 1,000-yard receivers in Marcus Robinson and Koren Robinson.

[quote]

I mean really could be ready???

Read on:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/preview/NFL_20050911_TB@MIN

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: The Vikings don't have a #1 WR? Read preview for sunday

I just read that article. It was pretty good and I think we'll be just fine if we don't have a clear cut #1 WR. I think Burleson will come through this year for us and show people he can be a #1. I can't wait to see what kind of YAC numbers he has this year!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I just read that article. It was pretty good and I think we'll be just fine if we don't have a clear cut #1 WR. I think Burleson will come through this year for us and show people he can be a #1. I can't wait to see what kind of YAC numbers he has this year!
    Oh my! Can you say leauge leader in YAC?

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

it might be true that we don't have a clear cut #1 WR, but i think that our WR corps is deep enough and good enough to be fine. the D will have to focus on all our WRs, not to mention TEs and RBs. i think that if this team gets its running game together we could be harder to stop than in years past.

Thanks Josdin

"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:

Exactly! I think he led the league last year if I'm not mistaken. The play that I remember is his TD run in Detroit last year when he tiptoed down the sideline for about 10 yards and the TD, that was awesome!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:

Exactly! I think he led the league last year if I'm not mistaken. The play that I remember is his TD run in Detroit last year when he tiptoed down the sideline for about 10 yards and the TD, that was awesome!!
    He did that 3 or 4 times last year. He did it on his punt return against the Colts too. It's cool to watch!

Yeah, that punt return was awesome too! Longest one of the season for the NFL!

Prophet Guest

The strength of the Vikings receiving corps is that there isn't a clear-cut #1 receiver, or so they say. It will be nice to see the Vikings using a well-balanced attack with no big superstars on the team. Smash-mouth football is what I'm expecting.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

i remember that!!! that was awesome. nate should surprise some people along with our other wrs who should dominante any of tampas corners!! :cheers:

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

What idiots. Nate is going to be awesome this year. I think we all know that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast