SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings are doing the right thing. Ponder not alone.

We finally see that does not have the "IT" factor to be a competent QB in the NFL. He overthinks all his throws, which makes his throws and reads late. Ponder is a likeable smart kid, but he isnt football smart. Ponder folds under pressure, and lacks any type of arm strength to make up for some of his late throws. Ponder stares down receivers, and literally has no confidence in himself, or any receiver besides Percy and Rudolph. Ponder can be a servicable back-up but he isnt the only one to struggle.

Blaine Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, Cam Newton, Matt Cassel, Jake Locker, and Ryan Fitzpatrick have all shown that they cant live up to what is wanted out of QBs this day and age. This is a passing league, and if you can't throw for 250+ yards you wont win. There is four QBs in this draft that can become good NFL quality starters.
    I know the front office doesnt want to give up on ponder, and start a new project but the longer you wait, the more Qbs you miss out on, and the longer the project takes. What happened to us Drafting Andy Dalton? I thought he was Spielmans guy? Ryan Mallett was called the next big ben, but we passed? We draft an ACC QB with a weak arm, and no big time experience vs competition. We drafted him because he was supposedly "Extremely Accurate" My father could be accurate vs the ACC. I say we do what the panthers did, and ditch on ponder. The Panthers drafted Jimmy Clausen, then took Cam Newton the next draft. They didnt say "O lets give jimmy some time to develop." They saw jimmy didnt have "It" and they went and got someone who does.

The QB I want that the vikes can draft is Tyler Wilson. He is true football junkie. Huge arm, great pocket awareness, can make all the throws, and is accurate. The Vikings could draft him at our current draft spot which is 15. I believe this kid is going to mesh well with our receivers plus he is familiar with Greg Childs and jarius wright.

I believe we should go WR in round two like the bengals and colts did. Draft your qb, then draft his weapon. Justin Hunter in round 2.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    You contradict yourself in your post - FIRST you say "Blaine Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, Cam Newton, Matt Cassel, Jake Locker, and Ryan Fitzpatrick have all shown that they cant live up to what is wanted out of QBs this day and age."

Then you turn around and say "I say we do what the panthers did, and ditch on ponder. The Panthers drafted Jimmy Clausen, then took Cam Newton the next draft. They didnt say "O lets give jimmy some time to develop." They saw jimmy didnt have "It" and they went and got someone who does."

Doesn't make sense what you say.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    We finally see that does not have the "IT" factor to be a competent QB in the NFL. He overthinks all his throws, which makes his throws and reads late. Ponder is a likeable smart kid, but he isnt football smart. Ponder folds under pressure, and lacks any type of arm strength to make up for some of his late throws. Ponder stares down receivers, and literally has no confidence in himself, or any receiver besides Percy and Rudolph. Ponder can be a servicable back-up but he isnt the only one to struggle.

Blaine Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, Cam Newton, Matt Cassel, Jake Locker, and Ryan Fitzpatrick have all shown that they cant live up to what is wanted out of QBs this day and age. This is a passing league, and if you can't throw for 250+ yards you wont win. There is four QBs in this draft that can become good NFL quality starters.
    I know the front office doesnt want to give up on ponder, and start a new project but the longer you wait, the more Qbs you miss out on, and the longer the project takes. What happened to us Drafting Andy Dalton? I thought he was Spielmans guy? Ryan Mallett was called the next big ben, but we passed? We draft an ACC QB with a weak arm, and no big time experience vs competition. We drafted him because he was supposedly "Extremely Accurate" My father could be accurate vs the ACC. I say we do what the panthers did, and ditch on ponder. The Panthers drafted Jimmy Clausen, then took Cam Newton the next draft. They didnt say "O lets give jimmy some time to develop." They saw jimmy didnt have "It" and they went and got someone who does.

The QB I want that the vikes can draft is Tyler Wilson. He is true football junkie. Huge arm, great pocket awareness, can make all the throws, and is accurate. The Vikings could draft him at our current draft spot which is 15. I believe this kid is going to mesh well with our receivers plus he is familiar with Greg Childs and jarius wright.

I believe we should go WR in round two like the bengals and colts did. Draft your qb, then draft his weapon. Justin Hunter in round 2.
    Sanchez and Cassel, I will agree, the others, way to early to tell. Hell, people are still questioning Flacco and if Ryan falls again in the playoffs he will start to hear the crap that was being said of him year 3.

Truth is, without his two WR's (one of which they made a big trade to get) Ryan would be almost as talked about as Flacco.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg