Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Vikings Documentary / Short video about My Dad and I.

My friend made a documentary / short video about My Dad and I for a college project at Ball State. It was about our lifelong fan hood of the Vikings. Excuse the terrible audio on my voice. I had bronchitis. He had to trick up the audio so you could even hear me lol. I love the way it turned out. I was hesitant to post at first, but you are my purple brothers. I hope you enjoy!

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Mullet, this is great! A nice tribute to a bond that both you and your father share.

That was an awesome video mullet. I relate to everything you and your father had to say, as my father and I are just as die hard. Fortunately we have been able to share 7 games live at the dome, and one in Seattle while driving all the way from Boise Idaho to watch them all. That charger game was one we were at and one I will never forget. We even got my mom hooked on them, who was never even into football growing up. Saw her shed tears after the Saint champ. game. While I sat there in silence and disbelief.

I was still in elementary school during that horrific game against the falcons in 98" but my best friend and I were so worked up after that game. Cried our asses off. We spent the whole week before making a full viking room in his basement to watch the game. And when I say that I mean it, every single inch had something viking touching it. When we ran out of posters, blankets, jerseys, footballs, and every single purple and gold item we owned, we drew pictures of our own. Seeing that missed FG and dirty bird dance just made me sick to my stomach.

I thought I was the only football fan in the world that felt physically sick and depressed after a loss. Didn't think anyone could be as hardcore as me and my dad. It's good to see others that are so loyal and hardcore as we are.

Cheers to the future viking brothers and sisters!

This was a few years back, and the last trip the "3 Johns" were able to make together before my beloved grandfather passed away. In a blow out loss to the patriots on Monday night, It was still an amazing trip and one I will never forget.

photo0449.jpg

ShowingMyHorns is offline Training Camp
    Nice video. Will never for get the 98' NFC game. I was young so the 09 NFC champ sits worse with me My dad and i are also die hard viking fans. We watch every game together. He is from Park Rapids MN and has brought the purple pride to Nebraska!!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Nice clip, enjoyed it. Liking the pool table.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Very nice! I think I cried in '98 too... as an adult.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Nicely done and thanks for sharing. We all need a bond like that with our Dad. Enjoy it while you can Mullet...it is special.

Re: Vikes passion and pain...I could interchange myself with your Dad. Let me add: 4 Super Bowls, the Hail Mary game in Bloomington, the last second loss to AZ to miss the Playoffs, Darrin Nelson's drop vs Washington in the Playoffs, speaking of Nelson...picking him (consciously) instead of Marcus Allen, the appointment of Les Steckel as HC etc, etc, etc. That said, like your Dad, I'm in it for the long haul!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Nice video. Glad to know I'm not the only psycho when it comes to buying viking jerseys and memorabilia! The games that had clips shown i have on dvd, i think I'm going to put in the chargers vikes game right now!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Nice video. Glad to know I'm not the only psycho when it comes to buying viking jerseys and memorabilia! The games that had clips shown i have on dvd, i think I'm going to put in the chargers vikes game right now!
    Yo, VKG!!! We sure have missed you the past couple years at tailgates!!!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast