Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Zigy Wilf is destroying the franchise to move the team to other city

"C" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    That's how he did business in New Jersey?
    Stop talking like an jiggly butt.

After graduating form New York Law School, Zygi worked as an attorney for a brief stint before joining the family company, Garden Homes.
    He was became head of one of the company's subsidies, Garden Commercial Properties.
    When he started, the subsidy only owned four shopping centers in Northern New Jersey.
    Now they own over a hundred properties, including several large malls.

The underlying theme in all of Zygi's business moves has been buy low and invest.
    His specialty is redeveloping existing commercial or industrial brownfield sites, and then retaining ownership of the properties to generate continual profit.
    The Vikings are a good investment for him.
    They will get a new stadium, the only question is when.
    When that happens, he stands to continue to profit from the redevelopment of the surrounding area.

Never once in his business endeavors has he purposely devalued any property in order to rezone or redevelop it, which is actually a fairly common approach in real estate.
    Instead, he focuses on purchasing properties that are already devalued.

Stop talking out of your jiggly butt.
    I think the team certainly qualifies for being classified a brownfield site. At least they look like pooh.
    Haha, funny stuff.

I like Wilf, I just don't know why he hired Chilly...
    but I guess there wasn't too much to choose from back then. But, gol 'darnit, we should have kept Tomlin.

I have faith in Wilf, he's invested a lot into this team and I honestly don't think there are plans on moving them either. There is a lot of money to be made in the Twin Cities. Many of the top corporations in the country are located in Minnesota (Target, 3M and Honeywell just to name a few) and it has one of the highest per-capita incomes in the country... which is also one reason they built the Mall of America there. Wilf is a smart business man, and he knows what he's doing. He's letting Brad turn the team into at true Brownfield... and then he'll work his magic after he fires "The Douche".
    That was almost charicterized as a good post my friend. I bolded the part I liked.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

After graduating form New York Law School, Zygi worked as an attorney for a brief stint before joining the family company, Garden Homes.
    He was became head of one of the company's subsidies, Garden Commercial Properties.
    When he started, the subsidy only owned four shopping centers in Northern New Jersey.

The underlying theme in all of Zygi's business moves has been buy low and invest.
    His specialty is redeveloping existing commercial or industrial brownfield sites, and then retaining ownership of the properties to generate continual profit.
    When that happens, he stands to continue to profit from the redevelopment of the surrounding area.

Never once in his business endeavors has he purposely devalued any property in order to rezone or redevelop it, which is actually a fairly common approach in real estate.

I think the team certainly qualifies for being classified a brownfield site. At least they look like pooh.
    Haha, funny stuff.

I like Wilf, I just don't know why he hired Chilly...
    but I guess there wasn't too much to choose from back then. But, gol 'darnit, we should have kept Tomlin.

I have faith in Wilf, he's invested a lot into this team and I honestly don't think there are plans on moving them either. There is a lot of money to be made in the Twin Cities. Many of the top corporations in the country are located in Minnesota (Target, 3M and Honeywell just to name a few) and it has one of the highest per-capita incomes in the country... which is also one reason they built the Mall of America there. Wilf is a smart business man, and he knows what he's doing. He's letting Brad turn the team into at true Brownfield... and then he'll work his magic after he fires "The Douche".
    That was almost charicterized as a good post my friend. I bolded the part I liked.
    ;D
    Call an ambulance... now my ticker stopped...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings: 'Difficult environment' slows Wilf - Stadium

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikesrdue" wrote:
    I don't think the team will move. Zygi made that pretty clear. There is no reason not to take him at his word. He probably screwed up by hiring Childress, but other than that I think he's a good owner. Minnesotans have this thing with taxes benefitting the wealthy more than anything, I think. We tend to look at that more than the benefits a new stadium will have on the whole community. I was pretty surprised the Twins got a new stadium.
    It will get done at some point. I just hope it's downtown.
    Good post vikesrdue.
    I think some people have watched Major League one or two many times.
    Can you imagine Childress, stripping down a Zygi Wilf stand-up, piece-by-piece until the Zygmeister is revealed to be wearing a purple thong?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Letter of the day: A new Vikings stadium is a good investment[/size]

Published: November 19, 2007

startribune.com

I'm a tightwad when it comes to taxpayer dollars; Minnesotans' hard-earned money should be spent wisely and sparingly. But Nick Coleman is wrong when he writes time and time again that any and all public investment in new stadiums is a bad idea.......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

startribune.com

I'm a tightwad when it comes to taxpayer dollars; Minnesotans' hard-earned money should be spent wisely and sparingly. But Nick Coleman is wrong when he writes time and time again that any and all public investment in new stadiums is a bad idea.......

finally a positive read on the issue its good to hear about a guy that considers himself a "fiscal conservative" that supports a new stadium for the vikes

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

startribune.com

finally a positive read on the issue its good to hear about a guy that considers himself a "fiscal conservative" that supports a new stadium for the vikes
    I agree.
    Actually, I thought this was a thread that NP put a very nice article in that I quickly scanned late yesterday afternoon.

It has some very interesting stuff in it as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Boyum is offline Training Camp

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Nice post Paul.
    I also have nothing but respect for Wilf.

Boyum is offline Training Camp

"singersp" wrote:

startribune.com

Nick Coleman, last picked at gym class for all sports I'll bet.
    His columns are really easy to ignore which I do daily.
    I don't think there is a bigger hypocrite.
    A few years back he wrote some column about marriage and how important it is to him and within a year he dumped his long time wife for some young chick and moved to Chicago.
    Then she dumped him so now he's back.
    Lucky us...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345