*snip*
    Nothing to see here.
    Move along.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Zigy Wilf is destroying the franchise to move the team to other city

That's how he did business in New Jersey?
    Stop talking like an ass.

After graduating form New York Law School, Zygi worked as an attorney for a brief stint before joining the family company, Garden Homes.
    He was became head of one of the company's subsidies, Garden Commercial Properties.
    When he started, the subsidy only owned four shopping centers in Northern New Jersey.
    Now they own over a hundred properties, including several large malls.

The underlying theme in all of Zygi's business moves has been buy low and invest.
    His specialty is redeveloping existing commercial or industrial brownfield sites, and then retaining ownership of the properties to generate continual profit.
    The Vikings are a good investment for him.
    They will get a new stadium, the only question is when.
    When that happens, he stands to continue to profit from the redevelopment of the surrounding area.

Never once in his business endeavors has he purposely devalued any property in order to rezone or redevelop it, which is actually a fairly common approach in real estate.
    Instead, he focuses on purchasing properties that are already devalued.

Stop talking out of your ass.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings: 'Difficult environment' slows Wilf - Stadium

When somebody wants to spend serious money on a stadium and is doing all he can for us, it's stupid to say that he is ruining us. what, so far has he done to ruin the Franchise??

And don't say, he brought Childress in here, because that has nothing to do with this...
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Blog Entries

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    When somebody wants to spend serious money on a stadium and is doing all he can for us, it's stupid to say that he is ruining us. what, so far has he done to ruin the Franchise??

And don't say, he brought Childress in here, because that has nothing to do with this...
    Very true Mr Holland.
    When he brought Childress in it was because he thought he would be a good head coach.
    Everyone is allowed to make mistakes...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"tritinama" wrote:
    That is how he did businesses in New Jersey and that is how he is doing business with the Vikings. You won't believe me, but this person is destroying the franchise to move it to other city and earn more money...
    Look the statistics: the worst payroll of the NFL, the worst investment of the NFL, the only team that the franchise value has DECREASED over time (please read Forbes magazine of September).

We are doomed...

Welcome.

We are aware of this and have had many discussions and conspiracy theories about Wilf and the team moving,; nothing new for the past few years.

[size=13pt]Forbes ranks Vikings last........again [/size]

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

It's what Businesspeople do, They but something for a low amount of money, and try to turn it into a more profitable organisation
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "tritinama" wrote:
    That is how he did businesses in New Jersey and that is how he is doing business with the Vikings. You won't believe me, but this person is destroying the franchise to move it to other city and earn more money...
    Look the statistics: the worst payroll of the NFL, the worst investment of the NFL, the only team that the franchise value has DECREASED over time (please read Forbes magazine of September).

We are doomed...

Welcome.

We are aware of this and have had many discussions and conspiracy theories about Wilf and the team moving,; nothing new for the past few years.

[size=13pt]Forbes ranks Vikings last........again [/size]
    Of course the Vikings are last.
    They have the worst stadium deal in the NFL, the major source for many teams for outside income beyond what the NFL gives them from TV and licensing.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I am not sure about all of the issues that might surround this, but I do have a large contingent of family that lives back in MN on both my side and Wildwomans side.

All of them believe that the Wilfs should bear the burden of the new stadium with very little, if any funding coming from the local community that would directly benifit from the events that would take place in the new stadium.

All of them are huge sports enthusiasts and love the Vikes but don't want to be taxed any higher than they are already getting taxed.

Not sure what all that means, just thought I would throw in my two cents.
    ;D
    It means we should tax the businesses that benefit from the new stadium not homeowners who don't.
    Last I checked, being near something like a stadium didn't directly increase the value of a home, generally the higher noise levels and amounts of traffic tend to drive down the cost of homes in the area.
    The people that benefit are the businesses that support all the tourists that go to the games.
    Put the burden on them.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Blog Entries

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I am not sure about all of the issues that might surround this, but I do have a large contingent of family that lives back in MN on both my side and Wildwomans side.

All of them believe that the Wilfs should bear the burden of the new stadium with very little, if any funding coming from the local community that would directly benifit from the events that would take place in the new stadium.

All of them are huge sports enthusiasts and love the Vikes but don't want to be taxed any higher than they are already getting taxed.

Not sure what all that means, just thought I would throw in my two cents.
    ;D
    It means we should tax the businesses that benefit from the new stadium not homeowners who don't.
    Last I checked, being near something like a stadium didn't directly increase the value of a home, generally the higher noise levels and amounts of traffic tend to drive down the cost of homes in the area.
    The people that benefit are the businesses that support all the tourists that go to the games.
    Put the burden on them.
    First, since the proposed stadium site is in the exact same place as the metrodome, there would be no increase in noise or traffic.
    Most likely, a new stadium along with urban redevelopment in that area would increase the surrounding property value.

But that is beside the point, because I don't think anyone has every proposed a property tax to pay for the stadium.
    Every option I have heard of included some kind of sales tax and many times a specialized stadium tax for the surrounding businesses.
    A metro wide sales tax (which doesn't apply to food, medicine, or clothes in Minnesota) would make sense to me, as I see the entire metro benefiting from the Vikings and all the other Metrodome events right now, and even more from a super bowl.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

crazyB is offline Starter

it was said before that if the vikings want a new stadium they first need to win games and increase public backing of the team.
    if they just stop talking and build the new stadium anyway once it's finnished the team and public interest in the team would all improve meaning the new stadium would soon pay for itself.
    am i just thinking too far out of the box or would that not make sence to most of you guy's.
    8)

8) crazyB that s Mr crazyB to you 8)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast