Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings: 'Difficult environment' slows Wilf - Stadium

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I am not sure about all of the issues that might surround this, but I do have a large contingent of family that lives back in MN on both my side and Wildwomans side.

All of them believe that the Wilfs should bear the burden of the new stadium with very little, if any funding coming from the local community that would directly benifit from the events that would take place in the new stadium.

All of them are huge sports enthusiasts and love the Vikes but don't want to be taxed any higher than they are already getting taxed.

Not sure what all that means, just thought I would throw in my two cents.
    ;D
    It means that they are part of the typical Minnesota "something for nothing" crowd.
    Not knocking your family, but this seems to be a recurring theme in Minnesota.
    I see North Dakota is really going to town, maybe they should lure them over the border ;D

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I am not sure about all of the issues that might surround this, but I do have a large contingent of family that lives back in MN on both my side and Wildwomans side.

All of them believe that the Wilfs should bear the burden of the new stadium with very little, if any funding coming from the local community that would directly benifit from the events that would take place in the new stadium.

All of them are huge sports enthusiasts and love the Vikes but don't want to be taxed any higher than they are already getting taxed.

Not sure what all that means, just thought I would throw in my two cents.

;D
    \
    It means that they are part of the typical Minnesota "something for nothing" crowd.
    Not knocking your family, but this seems to be a recurring theme in Minnesota.
    I see North Dakota is really going to town, maybe they should lure them over the border ;D
    There's plenty of room

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Two Words: STADIUM TAX!

You guys do not even get taxed for buying clothes in Minnesota. There is room for taxes. It happended here in Wisconsin. You Minnesota people are pissing me off. No offense to anyone on this site because I love you all but DAMN! I would pay a tax and I live in Wisconsin. Fuck tax me! If they move the Vikings I am coming after the state of Minnesota and Wilf for lying. Probably him first. Until you Minnesota people get taxed for clothes, I do not want to hear any complaints about taxes.

Sorry for ranting.

Frostbite is offline Coach

You guys are in a tuff situation there and as an out of state Vikes Fan I am not in the loop on the stadium issues as much as you all seem to be. Here in California we have Prop 13 in effect....basically means our property taxes can't be raised over a certain limit which was set years ago when this measure passed on the ballet. I don't know what Minnesota property taxes are like but the thought of any new taxes is usually distasteful to most folks.

What is the State Sales tax there?? What are the current taxes there on Ammo....Cigs.....and Alcohol?? Those could be other areas that the politicians could consider other than raising property taxes to pay for a Stadium.

With the population of the Twin Cities I can't imagine you would need more than a 1 cent increase in Tax revenues from any one source to be able to get the Stadium ball rolling.

I for one am hoping this project comes together and is a huge success. We have had similar issues out here and it has almost always been a hard sell to raise any taxes to get new arenas or stadiums built.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Frostbite" wrote:
    You guys are in a tuff situation there and as an out of state Vikes Fan I am not in the loop on the stadium issues as much as you all seem to be. Here in California we have Prop 13 in effect....basically means our property taxes can't be raised over a certain limit which was set years ago when this measure passed on the ballet. I don't know what Minnesota property taxes are like but the thought of any new taxes is usually distasteful to most folks.

What is the State Sales tax there?? What are the current taxes there on Ammo....Cigs.....and Alcohol?? Those could be other areas that the politicians could consider other than raising property taxes to pay for a Stadium.

With the population of the Twin Cities I can't imagine you would need more than a 1 cent increase in Tax revenues from any one source to be able to get the Stadium ball rolling.

I for one am hoping this project comes together and is a huge success. We have had similar issues out here and it has almost always been a hard sell to raise any taxes to get new arenas or stadiums built.

Cheers!
    My father in law told me that Minnesotans would be the highest taxed citizens after this year.
    Haven't seen it anywere but when I was still in the Navy I paid MN taxes.
    Big reduction when I shifted my residency to VA vice MN.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:

You guys do not even get taxed for buying clothes in Minnesota. There is room for taxes. It happended here in Wisconsin. You Minnesota people are pissing me off. No offense to anyone on this site because I love you all but DAMN! I would pay a tax and I live in Wisconsin. Fuck tax me! If they move the Vikings I am coming after the state of Minnesota and Wilf for lying. Probably him first. Until you Minnesota people get taxed for clothes, I do not want to hear any complaints about taxes.

Sorry for ranting.
    Fuck yeah! In Ontario we get our balls taxed off. 15% on everything we buy.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Sorry for ranting.
    Fuck yeah! In Ontario we get our balls taxed off. 15% on everything we buy.

Thats nothing, we get Taxed on our Taxes, here in CT......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

tritinama is offline Waterboy

Zigy Wilf is destroying the franchise to move the team to other city

That is how he did businesses in New Jersey and that is how he is doing business with the Vikings. You won't believe me, but this person is destroying the franchise to move it to other city and earn more money...
    Look the statistics: the worst payroll of the NFL, the worst investment of the NFL, the only team that the franchise value has DECREASED over time (please read Forbes magazine of September).

We are doomed...

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Zigy Wilf is destroying the franchise to move the team to other city

Yeah, Wilf is trying to loose on purpose, that why he spend 50 million on Steve Hutchinson, just extended Pat Williams contract and had no obligations in drafting Adrian Peterson. Thats right.. Idiot post..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Zigy Wilf is destroying the franchise to move the team to other city

We never landed on the moon

Loch Ness is real

Bigfoot is real

Elvis is alive

Twelvepac Shakur is alive

9/11 was a conspiracy

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast