Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikings didn't get the memo". ...... Good !

Earlier on in the year, I had mentioned that in some NFL book (2007 NFL Football Prospectus), they had written that the "Vikings obviously didn't get the memo that the modern NFL is a Passing league". (i.e.
    the Vikes are still living in the past, when teams invested in the line and ran the ball a lot.

Well, after watching the last game, all I can say is: Good ! I am glad we "didn't get the memo" that you win by having 5-receiver sets and no one in the backfield. The Packers and Patriots do it.

But watching us blast massive holes in the opposing lines and then running AP through them (who is, BTW, averaging like 6.8 yards per carry !), I can only say, we are the exception, and I like it.

Prediction: in the playoffs, those 5-receiver set teams will be ahead and have to 100% rely on their QB's arm in the 4th quarter, while we can just hand off and run out the clock.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: "Vikings didn't get the memo". ...... Good !

The NFL always has an ebb and flow with what works and what doesn't. When a team gets dominant on offense with running and everybody tries to copy that formula, then teams alter their defense to stop it, then when defenses can stop the running consistently someone comes up with a passing game to take advantage of defenses geared to stop the run etc.

The league has made rules in the past 2 decades to favor passing over running which leads to more scoring and supposedly more fan interest so in that respect they are right.

I would still rather watch AD or LJ run for a TD that Moss or TO catch one. That's just me

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Totally agree with you.

But in terms of fan interest, I see more highlights of Peterson running, than of Moss and Brady.

That power sweep we did on Sunday was a thing of beauty. Like watching the Lombardi Packers in 1967. Also, I will just say it again: Kleinsasser should make the Pro Bowl based solely on his blocking this year.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Totally agree with you.

But in terms of fan interest, I see more highlights of Peterson running, than of Moss and Brady.

That power sweep we did on Sunday was a thing of beauty. Like watching the Lombardi Packers in 1967. Also, I will just say it again: Kleinsasser should make the Pro Bowl based solely on his blocking this year.
    I'd agree, but unfortunatly thats not todays prefered role for a TE either, at least not the part that gets them recognition

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"StillPurple" wrote:

But watching us blast massive holes in the opposing lines and then running AP through them (who is, BTW, averaging like 6.8 yards per carry !), I can only say, we are the exception, and I like it.
    6.5 to be more precise. 184 carries, 1197 carries.

I'm going to go out on a limb here & state that he will break the 1,200 mark against the 49ers.
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Totally agree with you.

I'd agree, but unfortunatly thats not todays prefered role for a TE either, at least not the part that gets them recognition
    Isn't there like a "coaches choice" or something?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"singersp" wrote:
    6.5 to be more precise. 184 carries, 1197 carries.

I'm going to go out on a limb here & state that he will break the 1,200 mark against the 49ers.
    :P
    1197 yards to be more precise.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"Garland" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Totally agree with you.

that's why tony richardson is leadin the fullback at the last time i checked
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Potus2028" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Totally agree with you.

that's why tony richardson is leadin the fullback at the last time i checked
    I believe its a 3 way vote.

Players, Coaches, & Fans.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

"Vikes_King" wrote:

I believe its a 3 way
    sounds kinky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast