Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

Quote Originally Posted by "BleedinPandG" #1105450
    Seems like another year of mediocrity in store for us... I guess that beats heartbreak!
    I'm actually kind of looking forward to that. I have no expectations this year so I plan to just sit back and enjoy the game for what is is instead of getting mad and depressed every week when we fail to live up to expectations.

If the team turns it around and surprises everybody, great! If not, I'm already in the "there's always next year" (2012) mentality, lol.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105446
    I've been casting the lure since I saw you pop online. Bout time you took the hook. :P

One of the articles says the same thing. All of the discussions were probably held at the agent level but the stuff Rice is talking about is "Show me the luv" kindof phone calls.

Alot of times you'll read were players from the team either call or even get on planes and go down to visit in an effort to get someone to join the team.

Not sure why the staff didn't take the same approach with Rice, I guess, is what my big gripe is here.
    My opinion, his ego doesn't match his productivity and the people in the locker room with him every day realize that. Even this whole phonecall thing seems to apply a bit of a diva mentality... who does he think he is? Look at how hectic the free agency period was for every team, and he wants to have his hand held, wants a little cuddle time? Sorry bubba, you ain't there yet. One good stat year in a magical season for the entire team does not a Star make.
    Good stuff. Only thing I deviate from in there is the comments from his teamates don't quite match that scenario.

As for being back, I've started popping in... still getting back into the whole football thing after shutting it down during the lockout. Hopefully I'll be back up to speed by Week 1. Seems like another year of mediocrity in store for us... I guess that beats heartbreak!
    Looks like your bringing the "A" game today.

As to the "mediocrity" comment. Hang on, I think we are gonna have a fun ride.

Defense is looking good with our new Coord in charge. Even the D-line that I worried about so much is looking better than I expected.

Offense is still a work in progress. Even though I haven't bought into Musgrove yet, I like what he's doing so far. Short stuff is there, intermediate stuff (thought we'd see more of) showed some brief glimpses this weekend.

A telling sign is the QB's all seem to know what to do with the ball when asked and the stuff in the article today about Ponder already working some "Check Me" stuff is exciting.

Truth be told, I thought I saw a couple Sat night and made mention about how it looked like he was audibling and Dimperio missed it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105452
    Seems like another year of mediocrity in store for us... I guess that beats heartbreak!
    I'm actually kind of looking forward to that. I have no expectations this year so I plan to just sit back and enjoy the game for what is is instead of getting mad and depressed every week when we fail to live up to expectations.

If the team turns it around and surprises everybody, great! If not, I'm already in the "there's always next year" (2012) mentality, lol.
    As I used to do for our good friend NodackPaul, I'm gonna reserve a spot on the optimism bandwagon just for you.

The signs are there my friend. You just have to look for them a bit harder than we thought we would at this time.

My guess, next week we will see a few of those signs flashing neon. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123