Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by "JFormo" #1105351
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1105273
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105038
    I almost blew a gasket when I read articles like this yesterday.

    I mean seriously, the only one that called after the lockout ended was the HC?

    Fricken FO pukes.
    What about frickin prima-donna players who only have 1 good season expecting everyone on the team to call them and BEG them to come back?

    Caine
    Yeah. Uhh.. Marty, it goes both ways. Considering the Vikings wouldn't have been able to pay him anywhere NEAR the SeaChickens did, why would they even bother? Lets not forget how he didn't want to sign anything after the season ended last year because of the free agency thing.

    Oh, and lets not forget who his agent is. HINT: The guy's the biggest douche-sack in the game.
    I hear your point as well my friend.

    I guess my point is that maybe just maybe we could have gotten him at or around what we could have offered if the staff would have atleast tried and it doesn't bode well when the other players on the team are still his friend.

    I think we've sent a bad message to not only our team but to FA as a whole the last couple of years.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

    Paul Allen mentioned that he was told by a reliable, direct Vikings source that the Vikings offered 15 million guaranteed money. I'm not sure when this offer was made though, could have been last season.

    Rice is trying to play the victim card when in reality he had a lot to do with the entire situation. It all started with not getting that surgery.

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105395
    Paul Allen mentioned that he was told by a reliable, direct Vikings source that the Vikings offered 15 million guaranteed money. I'm not sure when this offer was made though, could have been last season.

    Rice is trying to play the victim card when in reality he had a lot to do with the entire situation. It all started with not getting that surgery.
    If what Rice says is true it had to be the offer they made just before the lockout.

    Anyone else want to doubt me about Rice being advised by his lawyer to "Protect Himslef" with that late breaking surgery? Take a look at what Osi is doing this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105398
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105395
    Paul Allen mentioned that he was told by a reliable, direct Vikings source that the Vikings offered 15 million guaranteed money. I'm not sure when this offer was made though, could have been last season.

    Rice is trying to play the victim card when in reality he had a lot to do with the entire situation. It all started with not getting that surgery.
    If what Rice says is true it had to be the offer they made just before the lockout.

    Anyone else want to doubt me about Rice being advised by his lawyer to "Protect Himslef" with that late breaking surgery? Take a look at what Osi is doing this year.
    I agree that he intentionally held himself back and used the injury as his reason to safe face with PR. Had he put up another good year his contract would have likely doubled. Perhaps even Rice doesn't have confidence in his own body and is taking what he can get now. I wonder if he knows he's playing on borrowed time with that hip and wants to milk out what he can now.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105418
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105398
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105395
    Paul Allen mentioned that he was told by a reliable, direct Vikings source that the Vikings offered 15 million guaranteed money. I'm not sure when this offer was made though, could have been last season.

    Rice is trying to play the victim card when in reality he had a lot to do with the entire situation. It all started with not getting that surgery.
    If what Rice says is true it had to be the offer they made just before the lockout.

    Anyone else want to doubt me about Rice being advised by his lawyer to "Protect Himslef" with that late breaking surgery? Take a look at what Osi is doing this year.
    I agree that he intentionally held himself back and used the injury as his reason to safe face with PR. Had he put up another good year his contract would have likely doubled. Perhaps even Rice doesn't have confidence in his own body and is taking what he can get now. I wonder if he knows he's playing on borrowed time with that hip and wants to milk out what he can now.
    The whole thing about 1 year worth of stats is nothing more than "Fan" talk.

    Most of the guys on NFLN have been chanting how it takes a WR 3 years to come into his own anyways.

    In the end I think he is fine and will be fine in the long run. If that OL can give their starter time, he will have a pretty good year IMHO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105418
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105398
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105395
    Paul Allen mentioned that he was told by a reliable, direct Vikings source that the Vikings offered 15 million guaranteed money. I'm not sure when this offer was made though, could have been last season.

    Rice is trying to play the victim card when in reality he had a lot to do with the entire situation. It all started with not getting that surgery.
    If what Rice says is true it had to be the offer they made just before the lockout.

    Anyone else want to doubt me about Rice being advised by his lawyer to "Protect Himslef" with that late breaking surgery? Take a look at what Osi is doing this year.
    I agree that he intentionally held himself back and used the injury as his reason to safe face with PR. Had he put up another good year his contract would have likely doubled. Perhaps even Rice doesn't have confidence in his own body and is taking what he can get now. I wonder if he knows he's playing on borrowed time with that hip and wants to milk out what he can now.
    It was pretty clear and that is because of the type of procedure he had done. There is a freaking huge leap from letting something heal on its own to quickly having micro fracture surgery done on your hip. That type of procedure is normally a last resort type of thing and honestly before Sidney I had never read about an athlete having it done on a hip. Normally that procedure is something you do to a knee to stimulate cartilage growth. The last Viking that I remember having it done without researching was Udeze.

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1105440
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105418
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105398
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105395
    Paul Allen mentioned that he was told by a reliable, direct Vikings source that the Vikings offered 15 million guaranteed money. I'm not sure when this offer was made though, could have been last season.

    Rice is trying to play the victim card when in reality he had a lot to do with the entire situation. It all started with not getting that surgery.
    If what Rice says is true it had to be the offer they made just before the lockout.

    Anyone else want to doubt me about Rice being advised by his lawyer to "Protect Himslef" with that late breaking surgery? Take a look at what Osi is doing this year.
    I agree that he intentionally held himself back and used the injury as his reason to safe face with PR. Had he put up another good year his contract would have likely doubled. Perhaps even Rice doesn't have confidence in his own body and is taking what he can get now. I wonder if he knows he's playing on borrowed time with that hip and wants to milk out what he can now.
    It was pretty clear and that is because of the type of procedure he had done. There is a freaking huge leap from letting something heal on its own to quickly having micro fracture surgery done on your hip. That type of procedure is normally a last resort type of thing and honestly before Sidney I had never read about an athlete having it done on a hip. Normally that procedure is something you do to a knee to stimulate cartilage growth. The last Viking that I remember having it done without researching was Udeze.
    Interesting stuff my friend.

    One would think that the Seachickens staff would key in on that stuff if it is gonna be a career ending issue. I do find it quite odd the they made the offer before their medical staff had a chance to check him out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105443
    Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1105440
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105418
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105398
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105395
    Paul Allen mentioned that he was told by a reliable, direct Vikings source that the Vikings offered 15 million guaranteed money. I'm not sure when this offer was made though, could have been last season.

    Rice is trying to play the victim card when in reality he had a lot to do with the entire situation. It all started with not getting that surgery.
    If what Rice says is true it had to be the offer they made just before the lockout.

    Anyone else want to doubt me about Rice being advised by his lawyer to "Protect Himslef" with that late breaking surgery? Take a look at what Osi is doing this year.
    I agree that he intentionally held himself back and used the injury as his reason to safe face with PR. Had he put up another good year his contract would have likely doubled. Perhaps even Rice doesn't have confidence in his own body and is taking what he can get now. I wonder if he knows he's playing on borrowed time with that hip and wants to milk out what he can now.
    It was pretty clear and that is because of the type of procedure he had done. There is a freaking huge leap from letting something heal on its own to quickly having micro fracture surgery done on your hip. That type of procedure is normally a last resort type of thing and honestly before Sidney I had never read about an athlete having it done on a hip. Normally that procedure is something you do to a knee to stimulate cartilage growth. The last Viking that I remember having it done without researching was Udeze.
    Interesting stuff my friend.

    One would think that the Seachickens staff would key in on that stuff if it is gonna be a career ending issue. I do find it quite odd the they made the offer before their medical staff had a chance to check him out.
    SeaChickens didn't want to get into a bidding war... it's like buying a house, remove the inspection clause and your offer is more attractive.

    As for his phone logs... wouldn't the FO call his agent, not him?
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by "BleedinPandG" #1105444
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105443
    Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1105440
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105418
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105398
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105395
    Paul Allen mentioned that he was told by a reliable, direct Vikings source that the Vikings offered 15 million guaranteed money. I'm not sure when this offer was made though, could have been last season.

    Rice is trying to play the victim card when in reality he had a lot to do with the entire situation. It all started with not getting that surgery.
    If what Rice says is true it had to be the offer they made just before the lockout.

    Anyone else want to doubt me about Rice being advised by his lawyer to "Protect Himslef" with that late breaking surgery? Take a look at what Osi is doing this year.
    I agree that he intentionally held himself back and used the injury as his reason to safe face with PR. Had he put up another good year his contract would have likely doubled. Perhaps even Rice doesn't have confidence in his own body and is taking what he can get now. I wonder if he knows he's playing on borrowed time with that hip and wants to milk out what he can now.
    It was pretty clear and that is because of the type of procedure he had done. There is a freaking huge leap from letting something heal on its own to quickly having micro fracture surgery done on your hip. That type of procedure is normally a last resort type of thing and honestly before Sidney I had never read about an athlete having it done on a hip. Normally that procedure is something you do to a knee to stimulate cartilage growth. The last Viking that I remember having it done without researching was Udeze.
    Interesting stuff my friend.

    One would think that the Seachickens staff would key in on that stuff if it is gonna be a career ending issue. I do find it quite odd the they made the offer before their medical staff had a chance to check him out.
    SeaChickens didn't want to get into a bidding war... it's like buying a house, remove the inspection clause and your offer is more attractive.

    As for his phone logs... wouldn't the FO call his agent, not him?
    I've been casting the lure since I saw you pop online. Bout time you took the hook. :P

    One of the articles says the same thing. All of the discussions were probably held at the agent level but the stuff Rice is talking about is "Show me the luv" kindof phone calls.

    Alot of times you'll read were players from the team either call or even get on planes and go down to visit in an effort to get someone to join the team.

    Not sure why the staff didn't take the same approach with Rice, I guess, is what my big gripe is here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105446
    I've been casting the lure since I saw you pop online. Bout time you took the hook. :P

    One of the articles says the same thing. All of the discussions were probably held at the agent level but the stuff Rice is talking about is "Show me the luv" kindof phone calls.

    Alot of times you'll read were players from the team either call or even get on planes and go down to visit in an effort to get someone to join the team.

    Not sure why the staff didn't take the same approach with Rice, I guess, is what my big gripe is here.
    My opinion, his ego doesn't match his productivity and the people in the locker room with him every day realize that. Even this whole phonecall thing seems to apply a bit of a diva mentality... who does he think he is? Look at how hectic the free agency period was for every team, and he wants to have his hand held, wants a little cuddle time? Sorry bubba, you ain't there yet. One good stat year in a magical season for the entire team does not a Star make.

    As for being back, I've started popping in... still getting back into the whole football thing after shutting it down during the lockout. Hopefully I'll be back up to speed by Week 1. Seems like another year of mediocrity in store for us... I guess that beats heartbreak!
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Should Have Cap Space To Re-Sign Rice
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 01:56 PM
  2. Sidney Rice - the new Jerry Rice
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 02:57 AM
  3. Who's the best WR? Sorry, Randy, it's Rice with a side of Rice
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 07:21 AM
  4. Broncos sign Simeon Rice
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 09:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •