Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

Sidney Rice says Vikings didn't call him to negotiate

The best way Sidney Rice can illustrate why he's no longer a Minnesota Viking is by showing his call history from late July.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_18703928

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings didn't even try to re-sign Rice

Though Rice said he strongly considered returning to Minnesota after four years, one dynamic season and injury problems, he remembered the one person who called from Winter Park - coach Leslie Frazier.

When the Vikings visit the Seahawks for Saturday night's preseason game in CenturyLink Field, Rice will line up against the team that, in his eyes, didn't show him the love.
    What!? If Sidney Rice felt unwanted then I can forgive him more for going to another team. This is disappointing.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1105028
    Though Rice said he strongly considered returning to Minnesota after four years, one dynamic season and injury problems, he remembered the one person who called from Winter Park - coach Leslie Frazier.

When the Vikings visit the Seahawks for Saturday night's preseason game in CenturyLink Field, Rice will line up against the team that, in his eyes, didn't show him the love.
    What!? If Sidney Rice felt unwanted then I can forgive him more for going to another team. This is disappointing.
    All i have to sya is this is a bunch of crap. He went to Seattle (another team) because they were able to pay him. The Vikings reportedly had a contract offer on the table that he refused prior to the lockout.

The Vikings with who they have signed and restructured are only 380K under the salary cap right now. Does anyone here honestly believe Rice was going to stay when he wasn't going to get paid? It was that the Vikings didn't want him. It was more that he didn't want to stay. I don't blame him for taking the money. I do think he's handling this completely wrong. He complained the VIkings didn't contact him. Well, Sid, there was a lockout and teams were prevented from doing so. The love was there. The Vikings wanted to keep him. The fact is Sidney went with the money. Nothing wrong with that. But now it's time to STFU and see how good you truly are with TJack at QB. Here is his chance to show how he can make a QB. Until then all he's proven is that he could have 1 good year with a HOF QB under center.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1105028

someone should tell Rice that cell phones can also make calls out as well - they're not just for tweeting, updating Facebook etc etc. Maybe he should have called his sorry arsed agent and at least get him to contact the Vikes to show he was interested - FA is a two-way street and players need to show teams that they are interested and not just wait for a FO somewhere to back up the security truck packed with $$.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I almost blew a gasket when I read articles like this yesterday.

I mean seriously, the only one that called after the lockout ended was the HC?

Fricken FO pukes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105038

Fricken FO pukes.
    What about frickin prima-donna players who only have 1 good season expecting everyone on the team to call them and BEG them to come back?

Caine

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1105273

Fricken FO pukes.
    What about frickin prima-donna players who only have 1 good season expecting everyone on the team to call them and BEG them to come back?

Caine
    +1 Fuck Rice. I hope he fails just like Houseyourmama.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Fricken FO pukes.

Caine
    Yeah. Uhh.. Marty, it goes both ways. Considering the Vikings wouldn't have been able to pay him anywhere NEAR the SeaChickens did, why would they even bother? Lets not forget how he didn't want to sign anything after the season ended last year because of the free agency thing.

Oh, and lets not forget who his agent is. HINT: The guy's the biggest douche-sack in the game.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "JFormo" #1105351

Oh, and lets not forget who his agent is. HINT: The guy's the biggest douche-sack in the game.
    His agent is Joe Buck??

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Fricken FO pukes.

Caine
    I hear ya my friend, problem is, the league is full of them. Staffs should know whats required to make them happy.

The ones that don't won't ever get enough PD's on their rosters to win in this league.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast