singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings deserve more respect nationally

[size=13pt]Vikings deserve more respect nationally[/size]

Published June 12, 2008 12:37 am

mankatofreepress.com

It’s not hard to discern that optimism is rampant in Vikingland.

Many already foresee a team that will easily win the NFC North and go deep into the playoffs.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings deserve more respect nationally

Nice article, i feel the same way.
    If you hear something about the Vikings it's always everything is good the only question mark is TJ.
    It gets me kinda tired to read the same story in every damn article... But this guy is pretty objective
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Interesting read my friend. Thanks.

All he has to do is play OK. If he doesn’t make many major mistakes, the Vikings will be a pretty good football team.
    Problem is, he is gonna make mistakes.
    Question is will he minimize those this year from last year and will our defense be improved enough to over come a few of his gaffs as well.

I say yes to both problem(s).
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

The fannation.com Website picks the Vikes to finish last in the NFC North. The associatedcontent.com Website has a 2008 NFL playoff bracket in which Minnesota is not even mentioned (Green Bay is the site’s projected winner of the NFC North).

Good, I love it when we get no respect. Makes it that much sweeter to prove the so-called experts wrong.

I still say GB is the favorite in the NFCN going into the season. We just have to keep on doing good things.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

All he has to do is play OK. If he doesn’t make many major mistakes, the Vikings will be a pretty good football team.
    Question is will he minimize those this year from last year and will our defense be improved enough to over come a few of his gaffs as well.

;D

I am reminded of how bad Eli looked against us last year, and then how good he looked at the end of the season (when he didn't have to do it all by himself). If TJack understands that he doesn't need to carry the team, then I think he'll have a decent season.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I am reminded of how bad Eli looked against us last year, and then how good he looked at the end of the season (when he didn't have to do it all by himself). If TJack understands that he doesn't need to carry the team, then I think he'll have a decent season.
    Excellent comment my friend.

My biggest problem with TJ (other than can he stay healthy) is his willingness to try to make something happen.
    That might have worked at the lower level were the play wasn't up to par with the NFL level of play, but as we all know, Bigger, Better Faster, at this level turns those types of plays into turnovers/mistakes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Yes, Jackson has to get better. But he doesn’t have to get significantly better in order for the team to win the NFC North and knock some teams off in the playoffs.
    Amen.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=