Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings Defense better without Tomlin?

i noticed the shiffling the DE's all around the line.. this keeps the o-line from getting used to the style
    of one DE, and it keeps then on their heels, or arses if we get by them.

i see the 3 sacks in the 4th quarter as a positive note. in the crucial fourth quarter, they were able to give the greater effort.

although i think we can all agree that we still need to be tested against an offense with it's real quarterback behind center.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Potus2028" wrote:
    i noticed the shiffling the DE's all around the line.. this keeps the o-line from getting used to the style

i see the 3 sacks in the 4th quarter as a positive note. in the crucial fourth quarter, they were able to give the greater effort.

although i think we can all agree that we still need to be tested against an offense with it's real quarterback behind center.
    True, however by the 4th quarter we had taken a pretty big lead and they
    had given up running the ball. And we all know that Joey is a sitting duck i the pocket.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Let's remember it's one game...and that against a Vick-less Falcon team. We also gave up 200 yards to Joey. I would not write off Tomlin's huge contribution, nor jump on Frazier's bandwagon just yet. If the D improves every week, and keeps putting pressure on the QBs, I'll be happy...and then I'd call it successful.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Also I think it is important to note that blitzing is not the only thing we will see more of this year.

We will also see more nickel coverage.

Tomlin was soo in love with the Cover 2 that he left Leber or E.J. matched up with the slot receiver way too much. (I guess it didn't help that with Smoot/Griffin missing time last year that Whittaker was the nickel back much of the season)

But now with the top 3 corners all being at least fairly physical, I think we will see McCauly step in quite a bit.

On another note, I love how much movement there was on defense. All that shifting is going to make a lot of opposing offensive players uneasy prior to the snap.
    -Sno

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Potus2028" wrote:

Next week will be a test for both team's strengths.
    Interesting to watch to say the least.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    Also I think it is important to note that blitzing is not the only thing we will see more of this year.

We will also see more nickel coverage.

Tomlin was soo in love with the Cover 2 that he left Leber or E.J. matched up with the slot receiver way too much. (I guess it didn't help that with Smoot/Griffin missing time last year that Whittaker was the nickel back much of the season)
    But now with the top 3 corners all being at least fairly physical, I think we will see McCauly step in quite a bit.

On another note, I love how much movement there was on defense. All that shifting is going to make a lot of opposing offensive players uneasy prior to the snap.
    HELLO. With the two Williams requiring 2 blockers each, one of our DE's should have gotten to the QB untouched every time....so why blitz?

Seriously though. The blitz has made it look like a totally different defense thus far. Different, but still good. The one similarity is that it all starts with shutting down the run.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12