Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Vikings Defense # 31...again

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

P.S. Is this the first time someone's quoted their own post?
    Makes me think that you might be a little bit schizophrenic.

I think that, too.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Well i'm goin to go ahead and stick up for our 31st ranked defense.

We were 5-15 on letting them get third downs, We had good coverage most of the time, carr through some YOUNG brett farve like throws is crazy coverage and came out on top. After watching the tape shaw did some good things. We got pressure on the QB, we got some sacks. We tightened up the coverage some, (brian williams was up on his WR several times) but Winfield seemed to be playing off. We were playing with a rookie out of position at MLB, who made some mistakes.

Antoine Winfield said this is the best secondary he has ever played with and i believe him.

Shaw said this secondary is better then the patriots 2001 secondary.

Have you noticed once a WR or RB catches the ball they dont get very far, swarming defense. Wheres the CB blitzes and what not. B. Williams had 3 sacks last year, some nice ones.

I dont care what the ranking is right now but when its all said and done its not gonna be 31st. Garunteed! To much skill they just gotta put it together, like i said last week i will not bash the defense unless they show no improvement after we play six games. If there is major problems after that i will become concerned.

I dont like to jump to conclusions when we have only played 4 games and we have new faces and a new scheme on D.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"RK" wrote:
    Well we got it done against a 1-3 Chicago team and a 2-2 Dallas team and a 2-3 Houston team. All .500 or lower teams. We didn't get it done against the 4-0 Eagles. We just are not playoff material as things now stand thats all I am trying to say.

LOL yes you could be the first to quote yourself
    Nah, I've done that before...but I am such a blabbermouth, I am sure that it was done unintentionally...LOL.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Well i'm goin to go ahead and stick up for our 31st ranked defense.

We were 5-15 on letting them get third downs, We had good coverage most of the time, carr through some YOUNG brett farve like throws is crazy coverage and came out on top. After watching the tape shaw did some good things. We got pressure on the QB, we got some sacks. We tightened up the coverage some, (brian williams was up on his WR several times) but Winfield seemed to be playing off. We were playing with a rookie out of position at MLB, who made some mistakes.

Antoine Winfield said this is the best secondary he has ever played with and i believe him.

Shaw said this secondary is better then the patriots 2001 secondary.

Have you noticed once a WR or RB catches the ball they dont get very far, swarming defense. Wheres the CB blitzes and what not. B. Williams had 3 sacks last year, some nice ones.

I dont care what the ranking is right now but when its all said and done its not gonna be 31st. Garunteed! To much skill they just gotta put it together, like i said last week i will not bash the defense unless they show no improvement after we play six games. If there is major problems after that i will become concerned.

I dont like to jump to conclusions when we have only played 4 games and we have new faces and a new scheme on D.
    Link to article with Shaw's quotes:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-defenseisfrustrated&prov=knight&type=lgns

I hope that he is right about getting better as the season progresses!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123