Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    diesavike is offline Rookie

Vikings Defense # 31...again

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "RK" wrote:
    "We thought we'd have a defense that would get us in the middle of the pack of the NFL," owner Red McCombs said. "If we can start getting some of our guys back on the field, I still think we can play some really good football by the seventh or eighth week of the season. I'm concerned about it, but I don't want to say I'm losing any sleep about it.
    My suggestion is that Red start losing some sleep over it and start shooting for the top of the pack instead of the middle. :angryfire:

No shit, is our goal to make the playoffs or to win the f*cking Superbowl!
    It's comments like Red's that make you wonder if he even cares if we win a Super Bowl. Aiming for the middle of the pack? That's B.S., if you're not aiming for the top of the pack, get the hell outta there. Sell the team to someone(someone who's gonna keep them in Minnesota) who gives a damn. :angryfire:
    Sell crazy someplace else...we're all stocked up here.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

I think this is a Cottrell thing. The Ints are not coming because of how cotrell is playing the DBs. He needs to pull his head out and blitz, use more man coverage and stop using our crappy nickel backs and stick with the 3-4
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Even though cottrell was saying all offseason, that he was gonna be bringing an attacking style of D back here, he has always been a bend but don't break guy. That is exactly what we are running here. From reading some of tice's comments yesterday, it sounds like he is asking cottrell to be more aggressive in his play calling. I guess we will see on sunday night.

We have played 4 games, and it is way tooearly to talk about rankings. Hell I'll take the 31st ranked D, as long as they do enough for us to win the game. In the past, our D would do enough for us to lose the game, now they are doing enough for us to win the game, even in the phily game. We can be concerned when the conservative play calling on D, costs us wins, until then, we should be happy.

The coverages looked tighter against the texans, and our D line is starting to come together and get after the QB. If we can get our LB's healthy and get them playing together, then our D will improve.

Have you guys ever seen Buffalo's D? They are sick! Winfield and Cotrell need to bring their experience from the Buffalo D and give our team that attitude also. We have athleticism, we just need to be more agressive.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Have you guys ever seen Buffalo's D? They are sick! Winfield and Cotrell need to bring their experience from the Buffalo D and give our team that attitude also. We have athleticism, we just need to be more agressive.
    In time, our YOUNG defense will be that attacking D...I have a feeling that Cottrell is trying too hard to make sure that his young players don't get burned too often (read: the Pack's Ahmed Carroll AKA Toast) so that when they finally gel and get his schemes, they will be lethal. As for Carroll on the Pack, he flat out sucks!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

We are winning, that's the only stat I really care about!! That and Dauntes turnovers (hopefully low to none every week) and Moss's stats!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Well we are winning now but we are not going to beat top playoff contenders with the D playing like it is. With our D playing like it is we will be hard pressed to make it through the 2nd round of the playoffs. No one has won the super bowl with the 31st ranked defense let alone even made it to the super bowl.

I think we have the talent to step it up the question is can Cottrell put it together and get them to .

WWBGD

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I like how Cottrell gave one his his Ticey quotes, "Hey, let's not forget we're 3-1."

I thought that was the biggest knock on Tice last year...as you guys started fading, he kept saying, "Hey, we're 6-2" "A lot of teams wish they were 6-3 right now" until you were knocked out of the playoffs.

I won't even get started on the Packers, but if you want to make the playoffs and go far in it, you can't have this attitude that what you're doing right now is good enough. If you have problems they need to be fixed, not excused or justified.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    We are winning, that's the only stat I really care about!! That and Dauntes turnovers (hopefully low to none every week) and Moss's stats!!
    I'm not saying "hey, we're 3-1, we don't need to change a thing" but I guess I'll take a 3-1 start with our D just pulling it out as opposed to 2-2, 1-3. Yes, we need to work on our D, but we're somehow getting things done!

P.S. Is this the first time someone's quoted their own post?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Well we got it done against a 1-3 Chicago team and a 2-2 Dallas team and a 2-3 Houston team. All .500 or lower teams. We didn't get it done against the 4-0 Eagles. We just are not playoff material as things now stand thats all I am trying to say.

LOL yes you could be the first to quote yourself

WWBGD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast