Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings Defense in 2007

this defense will be better I am sure that Frazier will find which guys he feels he can put in the right positions it now is to hope Erasmus James is the same guy who tore it up for the badgers I hope he comes back and forces some fumbles and gets some pressure off the edge and help give those DBs some help so they can get more takeaways.
    now what I am truly worried about is the offense but thats another topic all on its own.
    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

couldn't agree more with you mike.
    But i still think we should go defense with our 7th overall pick if Quinn is gone.
    Leon Hall would put the finishing touch on our defense for a long time

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    yah by far pass rush is the biggest need.
    i think our coverage will be fine if we can get to the qb.
    it's a zone defense so if qb's get time they are gonna find a whole in the defense.
    and we had to compensate alot by blitzing, which still didn't get to the qb enough, and left us vulnerable in coverage.
    we just gotta hope that e.james is the real deal.
    otherwise they might address in the draft.
    any worthwhile DE in free agency were either franchised or snatched up quick.
    if simeon rice gets cut by the bucs, which i heard, i'd take him in a heartbeat.
    even if he is getting a bit old, he still would be a great situational DE.
    OK, let me see if I understand your assertions.

I was ok with everything up until 'Simeon Rice'.....

If TB cuts him because he is old and ineffective, he will still be effective in situations when he plays for Minnesota.
    Said another way, Rice would only be effective in limited situations, and Minnesota will face those situations on occassion, so he is valuable to Minnesota, but TB will have very few such situations, so they will cut him.

Riiiiiight.
    Got it.

:

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    yah by far pass rush is the biggest need.
    i think our coverage will be fine if we can get to the qb.
    it's a zone defense so if qb's get time they are gonna find a whole in the defense.
    and we had to compensate alot by blitzing, which still didn't get to the qb enough, and left us vulnerable in coverage.
    we just gotta hope that e.james is the real deal.
    otherwise they might address in the draft.
    any worthwhile DE in free agency were either franchised or snatched up quick.
    if simeon rice gets cut by the bucs, which i heard, i'd take him in a heartbeat.
    even if he is getting a bit old, he still would be a great situational DE.
    OK, let me see if I understand your assertions.

I was ok with everything up until 'Simeon Rice'.....

If TB cuts him because he is old and ineffective, he will still be effective in situations when he plays for Minnesota.
    Said another way, Rice would only be effective in limited situations, and Minnesota will face those situations on occassion, so he is valuable to Minnesota, but TB will have very few such situations, so they will cut him.

Riiiiiight.
    Got it.

:

actually maybe you should read it again, cuz i said nothing about him being ineffective.
    instead of just trying to be confrontational you should read closer. i believe he will get cut as a cap casualty.
    never said he's done.
    he may not be an every down guy or he may be, but he can still rush the qb at the very least and if you haven't noticed we didn't do that well last year.
    you might wanna take your head outta your hiney.
    the biggest issue with him is keeping him healthy.
    i think you just wanna start crap even if there is no sense to it.
    nice try though
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

If he were cut by TB, that means TB thinks he is ineffective.
    I didn't need you to say it explicitly.
    It is implied by the action TB takes in cutting him.
    Teams don't cut effective players when there are situations where they could contribute.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

But, I'm still confused about the part where TB doesn't have situations where they need a pass rusher on a limited number of plays (....so they can cut Rice), ... and the Vikings do.
    Maybe I should take my head out of my hiney and it will all become clear to me?

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Purplexing" wrote:
    But, I'm still confused about the part where TB doesn't have situations where they need a pass rusher on a limited number of plays (....so they can cut Rice), ... and the Vikings do.
    Maybe I should take my head out of my hiney and it will all become clear to me?

thats a good suggestion.
    you should follow your own advice.
    i guess nobody in nfl history has gotten cut who still has football left in them.
    have you ever heard of something called expendable.
    what happens is, players who make more money become expendable cuz the team might have guys on the roster that do the same things but at a cheaper price.
    wasn't darren sharper a cap casulty, i guess green bay thought he was done.
    every year capable guys are cut and not becuz they are always ineffective.

perplex, you seem like a somewhat intelligent person.
    i shouldnt have to explain stuff like this to you.
    but all the appearances of intelligence goes out the window when you try to stir the pot with retarded statements just for the sake of talking.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

"Mr." wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    With the return of Tank Williams this year to fight for a starting position, and Griffin and Blue having some play time under their belts, the question remains, what else is needed to fill in the gaps on our other wise terrific D?
    A MLB who is fast enough to hang with TEs going down the middle of the Cover2.

=Z=

His name is Patrick Willis.

He'd look good in purple, however, With EJ excelling outside and the team seeming to like Leber as well, I expect them to try Greenway in the middle since they invested a 1st round pick in him.

OK, my head has been extracted from my 'hiney' (heiny?).
    And, nope, it still isn't clear why Rice could help the Vikings.

A player who hasn't done much lately, possibly to be cut, and who is well over 30, doesn't fit the Vikings criteria for free agents to be considered, as elaborated by several members of Vikings management.
    Those criteria included 1. young and approaching the best years of their career, rather than on the downside of their career, and 2. good personal character.

[ Rod Serling Voice ] I submit for your consideration ....
    [ / Rod Serling voice ]

http://www.nj.com/weblogs/eagles/index.ssf?/mtlogs/penn_eaglescout/archives/2004_02.html

excerpted:

Monday, February 09, 2004

Reid: Respect my authoritah!
    In the utter joke that is the NFL Pro Bowl, an interesting story has arisen—and, I’m not talking about the unexciting game that thankfully avoided overtime, at 55-52, with a Mike Vanderjagt missed field goal on the last play of the game. Andy Reid dismissed Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end, Simeon Rice, from the Pro Bowl team for disciplinary reasons.

Rice did not sound pleased in the comment released Sunday. As quoted in Sunday’s article on ESPN.com, “Until we have an official explanation from the NFL for the action it has taken, I have no further statement, except to say I have nothing but respect for my teammates and gratitude to the football fans who elected me to the NFC Pro Bowl team again this year.”

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

My biggest question is whats up with MLB.

The pass D blew last year, but we dealt with a ton of injuries there early, so that's not a primary concern for me.

I think EJ found his spot last year at weak side LB, so I'd leave him there. He did well enough at that spot to earn a nice extension, so he should do what he got paid to do.

Leber seems pretty smart, and he has a nose for the ball. If he can get a little louder this offseason now that he's been with the team for a year, therein taking on more of a leadership role, I believe he has the communication skills and intelligence to make the reads and run the LB corp from the MLB spot.

That said, I really wouldn't mind seeing a proven dude in the middle, but that's not gonna happen.
    -Sno

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast