Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings: a Def. Coordinator's dream

Let's just say this: the Vikings are now the absolute wet dream of every defensive coordinator in the NFL:

- Because the Vikings essentially only run three plays: off-tackle run, the draw play run, and the QB roll-out, you only have to scheme for these three plays !! It really is simple. Heck, plan it Tuesday and then play golf the rest of the week, because there is nothing else to do !

Vikings offense:
    - Off-tackle: stack the box and let AP run into it (gain of maybe 4)
    - Draw: same
    - QB roll-out: just zone cover and let Tarvaris roll out and wait for him to make a mistake.

I hate to say it, but Bevell has designed the offense that is the DREAM of every def. coordinator in the NFL.

This is not how you win in the NFL. This is how you go 6-10. Maybe.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings: a Def. Coordinator's dream

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Let's just say this: the Vikings are now the absolute wet dream of every defensive coordinator in the NFL:

- Because the Vikings essentially only run three plays: off-tackle run, the draw play run, and the QB roll-out, you only have to scheme for these three plays !! It really is simple. Heck, plan it Tuesday and then play golf the rest of the week, because there is nothing else to do !

Vikings offense:
    - Off-tackle: stack the box and let AP run into it (gain of maybe 4)
    - Draw: same
    - QB roll-out: just zone cover and let Tarvaris roll out and wait for him to make a mistake.

I hate to say it, but Bevell has designed the offense that is the DREAM of every def. coordinator in the NFL.

This is not how you win in the NFL. This is how you go 6-10. Maybe.
    I am pretty sure somebody will post the play selection that will prove this statement wrong.

The blame lies on the position coaching and the players they put on the field, which is a personnel problem

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I agree we certainly are not making things difficult for anyone. We're also lacking the ability to beat stacked boxes which is quite the embarasment considering that was a major priority in the offseason.

We need to get the Passing Game ticking or our season is finished, I find this to be a difficult task as in three years its yet to happen. Why is Bobby Wade the leading WR? If he lines up on the outside one more time I'm gonna pull what Hair I have. We have too much talent that is seemingly being flushed down the toliet.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

You forgot the middle of the field screen. Shit we have seen that atleast 3 times this season for 5 yards total.

1) Why cant we run a screen to the far side of the screen like every other team.
    2) Why can't we put the ball in the endzone.
    3) Why cant we have a good offense.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

This offense has abandoned the screen pass. Childress and Bevell obviously don't believe in it. It is baffling. This could - now, I think - be a very long season, with us hitting a stacked box and rolling our QB out. This could get ugly.

I got a kick out of the NFL announcing team saying, "The Vikings will probably try to roll out Jackson on this next play."

Sure enough, the Vikings did it and Jackson of course threw an incompletion and the announcer said, "If I know what play they are going to call, I am pretty sure the Colts do too."

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR POST!!
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

We dont keep anyone honest

We have 1 on 1's on the outside EVERY play

We should have took a shot on first down 2-3 times

Why is Bernard here if we dont use him to stretch the field?

V4L......Yeah I would agree with you on that...it is a VERY predictable offense though and there just isn't anything done that would confuse or surprise the defense. The defenses know what is coming on just about every play.

Stretching the field would really help......a LOT!!!!!!!!
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

People will say cuz Jackson cant throw the deep ball but he hit Berrian in the first game and drew some penalties, and in the Colts game we took 2 shots downfield and drew a penalty on one and could have possibly gotten another on the second

Seriously playaction on first.. Roll out and heave it

Mix in some screens and sweeps too seriously

Swing pass? Anything?

With defenses stacking the box, you would think some play action passes would really work. All those ideas you suggested would be an improvement over what we have right now.

You might as well have TJack announce what play they are going to run before every play because the defense knows exactly what is coming anyways!!!!
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast