Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 189
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    God gol 'darnit it.
    How much money do you need to pay these guys for them to stop smoking pot?
    Come on.
    I guess if I made a lot of money and liked doing something that was expensive I would do it more because I had the money.
    That's what I was thinking.
    But if not smoking is one of the conditions for making that money, you don't think you could quit?
    You really think that pot is more important than money or your team?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    This is the same guy that expected the Vikings to hand him the starting role.
    The only thing he should be handed is his wlaking papers.
    Good luck as a free agent Scott and thanks for thinking only of yourself.
    He was on injured reserve. I think he should be given some slack.
    Okay, I'll bite.
    Why would you want to give this guy slack for getting caught doing Marijuana (an illegal substance in the USA and illegal to use in the NFL)?
    This is the type of distraction the team doesn't need.
    I don't care if he is on IR or the practice squad.

  3. #23
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    God gol 'darnit it.
    How much money do you need to pay these guys for them to stop smoking pot?
    Come on.
    I guess if I made a lot of money and liked doing something that was expensive I would do it more because I had the money.
    That's what I was thinking.
    But if not smoking is one of the conditions for making that money, you don't think you could quit?
    You really think that pot is more important than money or your team?
    Unfortunatly for some yes. I am just saying that it would be hard for someone to quit something that they have been doing probably since they were 12.
    Again the only problem I have here is why they hell didn't he wait to smoke until he got home.

  4. #24
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    God gol 'darnit it.
    How much money do you need to pay these guys for them to stop smoking pot?
    Come on.
    I guess if I made a lot of money and liked doing something that was expensive I would do it more because I had the money.
    That's what I was thinking.
    But if not smoking is one of the conditions for making that money, you don't think you could quit?
    You really think that pot is more important than money or your team?
    Unfortunatly for some yes. I am just saying that it would be hard for someone to quit something that they have been doing probably since they were 12.
    Again the only problem I have here is why they hell didn't he wait to smoke until he got home.
    The problem I have is he shouldn't be doing it in the first place (whether he's home, driving, or in a ditch somewhere).
    He is breaking the law and he has now started a distraction for the team.

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    This is the same guy that expected the Vikings to hand him the starting role.
    The only thing he should be handed is his wlaking papers.
    Good luck as a free agent Scott and thanks for thinking only of yourself.
    He was on injured reserve. I think he should be given some slack.
    You have GOT to be kidding.
    Um No. He is not even on the active roster. Who are we to tell someone what they can and can't do?
    Its called a contract.
    When you are under one you must conform to the standards of that contract.

    I speak from experience (popped on a Piss Test back in the 80's) and now I work for a company that also will test prior to hiring and randomly if for some reason your production slacks off or you start acting out of the ordinary (late for work, sleeping on the job etc etc etc).

    At some point in life you need to make grown up decisions in life and give up some things (at least for a time) that just don't conform to certain standards.

    When I get to a point in my life were smoking a J won't jeopordize my familys security (financially) I might go ahead and I might spark one up again, but until then I am doing the grown up thing and toeing the line.

    In this guys case, I would have assumed he would be doing the same.
    Very sad.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=41000.msg697673#msg697673 date=1198760121]
    God gol 'darnit it.
    How much money do you need to pay these guys for them to stop smoking pot?
    Come on.
    I guess if I made a lot of money and liked doing something that was expensive I would do it more because I had the money.
    That's what I was thinking.
    But if not smoking is one of the conditions for making that money, you don't think you could quit?
    You really think that pot is more important than money or your team?
    Unfortunatly for some yes. I am just saying that it would be hard for someone to quit something that they have been doing probably since they were 12.
    Again the only problem I have here is why they hell didn't he wait to smoke until he got home.
    The problem I have is he shouldn't be doing it in the first place (whether he's home, driving, or in a ditch somewhere).
    He is breaking the law and he has now started a distraction for the team.
    [/quote]

    Why shouldn't he be doing it? Because it is illegal or his contract says so. Are we all perfect angels and do not break the law ever? If you say yes you are either a liar or sit at home all day and never left the house in your entire life. This is not a distraction for the team because he was not even playing! Plus I bet a good percentage of other players do it as well so I doubt they are worrying about this. It means nothing to them. I hate when people say something like this is a distraction. Its not!

  7. #27
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    This is the same guy that expected the Vikings to hand him the starting role.
    The only thing he should be handed is his wlaking papers.
    Good luck as a free agent Scott and thanks for thinking only of yourself.
    He was on injured reserve. I think he should be given some slack.
    You have GOT to be kidding.
    Um No. He is not even on the active roster. Who are we to tell someone what they can and can't do?
    Its called a contract.

    When you are under one you must conform to the standards of that contract.

    I speak from experience (popped on a Piss Test back in the 80's) and now I work for a company that also will test prior to hiring and randomly if for some reason your production slacks off or you start acting out of the ordinary (late for work, sleeping on the job etc etc etc).

    At some point in life you need to make grown up decisions in life and give up some things (at least for a time) that just don't conform to certain standards.
    When I get to a point in my life were smoking a J won't jeopordize my familys security (financially) I might go ahead and I might spark one up again, but until then I am doing the grown up thing and toeing the line.

    In this guys case, I would have assumed he would be doing the same.
    Very sad.
    What does sleeping on the job or late for work have to do with pot.

    Standards? Whose standards? The government? Who do you think the biggest drug dealers of all are?

    I guess my opinion is different because the owner of my company does not hold people to these standards.

    I don't agree with not smoking pot as the grown up thing to do. I consider myself a grown up and very successful.

    What I do agree with you is that if it does affect your job then there is a problem. So if and when he gets suspended then I say you can bash the guy. Until then what a guy does in his personal life is none of our business.


  8. #28
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=41000.msg697701#msg697701 date=1198765138]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=41000.msg697673#msg697673 date=1198760121]
    God gol 'darnit it.
    How much money do you need to pay these guys for them to stop smoking pot?
    Come on.
    I guess if I made a lot of money and liked doing something that was expensive I would do it more because I had the money.
    That's what I was thinking.
    But if not smoking is one of the conditions for making that money, you don't think you could quit?
    You really think that pot is more important than money or your team?
    Unfortunatly for some yes. I am just saying that it would be hard for someone to quit something that they have been doing probably since they were 12.
    Again the only problem I have here is why they hell didn't he wait to smoke until he got home.
    The problem I have is he shouldn't be doing it in the first place (whether he's home, driving, or in a ditch somewhere).
    He is breaking the law and he has now started a distraction for the team.
    [/quote]

    Why shouldn't he be doing it? Because it is illegal or his contract says so. Are we all perfect angels and do not break the law ever? If you say yes you are either a liar or sit at home all day and never left the house in your entire life. This is not a distraction for the team because he was not even playing! Plus I bet a good percentage of other players do it as well so I doubt they are worrying about this. It means nothing to them. I hate when people say something like this is a distraction. Its not!
    [/quote]

    I guess last week it wasn't a distraction when the news broke about Dwight Smith.
    That is exactly why he shouldn't be doing it.
    It is against the law and it is against NFL policy.
    When you play in the NFL you are under contract.
    Part of that contract (I'm positive) states something to the effect you shouldn't brake the law and/or brake NFL policy.

    As far as your attempt of debating whether this is okay or not, give me a break.
    Have I ever broke a law?
    I'm sure somewhere in my life I have.
    Does it make it right?
    Hell NO!
    A law is a law.
    Scott is a professional athlete.
    Therefore being in the spotlight makes it even worse to break the law.
    Then stating something to the effect, "Do you know who I am?" makes it that much worse.
    So go ahead and defend him if you want to.
    I guess since others are having dog fights and killing off dogs that makes that okay too for Vick and he shouldn't be punished at all.
    Is marijuana in the same category as that?
    Maybe, maybe not.
    However the the common denominator is they are both breaking the law.

  9. #29
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,561

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=41000.msg697708#msg697708 date=1198765555]
    This is the same guy that expected the Vikings to hand him the starting role.
    The only thing he should be handed is his wlaking papers.
    Good luck as a free agent Scott and thanks for thinking only of yourself.
    He was on injured reserve. I think he should be given some slack.
    You have GOT to be kidding.
    Um No. He is not even on the active roster. Who are we to tell someone what they can and can't do?
    Its called a contract.

    When you are under one you must conform to the standards of that contract.

    I speak from experience (popped on a Piss Test back in the 80's) and now I work for a company that also will test prior to hiring and randomly if for some reason your production slacks off or you start acting out of the ordinary (late for work, sleeping on the job etc etc etc).

    At some point in life you need to make grown up decisions in life and give up some things (at least for a time) that just don't conform to certain standards.
    When I get to a point in my life were smoking a J won't jeopordize my familys security (financially) I might go ahead and I might spark one up again, but until then I am doing the grown up thing and toeing the line.

    In this guys case, I would have assumed he would be doing the same.
    Very sad.
    What does sleeping on the job or late for work have to do with pot.

    Standards? Whose standards? The government? Who do you think the biggest drug dealers of all are?

    I guess my opinion is different because the owner of my company does not hold people to these standards.

    I don't agree with not smoking pot as the grown up thing to do. I consider myself a grown up and very successful.

    What I do agree with you is that if it does affect your job then there is a problem. So if and when he gets suspended then I say you can bash the guy. Until then what a guy does in his personal life is none of our business.


    [/quote]

    i will agree that we will disagree on this topic forever.
    Have a Happy New Year.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  10. #30
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    This is the same guy that expected the Vikings to hand him the starting role.
    The only thing he should be handed is his wlaking papers.
    Good luck as a free agent Scott and thanks for thinking only of yourself.
    He was on injured reserve. I think he should be given some slack.
    You have GOT to be kidding.
    Um No. He is not even on the active roster. Who are we to tell someone what they can and can't do?
    I didn't smoke weed in the military, even when I was on rear-D and doped up on morphine and a dozen and one pain killers.
    You know why?
    Because I wasn't supposed to smoke weed.

    If I can keep the sticky icky icky away from my mouth out of pure pride and, I don't know, being a man...you'd think somebody making money like a machine would be able to handle it.
    I'm not giving this cat any excuses, especially if he pulled the "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" card.


    We had an old saying in my unit..."Fuck around, fuck around, soon you wont be around."

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Darrion Scott arrested
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 10:17 AM
  2. Darrion Scott isn't happy with Vikings' offer
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 06-10-2007, 08:13 PM
  3. The Darrion Scott situation
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 05:58 AM
  4. DARRION SCOTT!
    By TheFloridianVikingFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 10:04 AM
  5. SN on Darrion Scott, the Cottrell D, and the Vikes WRs
    By sdvikefan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 12:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •