Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 181 to 189 of 189
  1. #181
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Can anyone just agree to disagree?
    I will.
    Excellent.
    Let's let this go away...
    aye aye captain. I am officially done.

  2. #182
    IBleedPurple11's Avatar
    IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    414

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    yah im done too. I already made my point and all you anti-pot people had nothing to say back because you KNOW my post was right.


    *SKOL!*

  3. #183
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=41000.msg698350#msg698350 date=1198870552]
    [quote author=Schutz link=topic=41000.msg698315#msg698315 date=1198866639]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=41000.msg698183#msg698183 date=1198845233]
    [quote author=Schutz link=topic=41000.msg698066#msg698066 date=1198810573]
    [quote author=fourdoorchevelle link=topic=41000.msg698062#msg698062 date=1198809766]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=41000.msg698058#msg698058 date=1198809466]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=41000.msg698056#msg698056 date=1198809206]
    [quote author=fourdoorchevelle link=topic=41000.msg698055#msg698055 date=1198808879]
    here i go again ........

    i lurk this site very regularly , and only find my self posting in these weed threads.

    weed doesn't ruin your life ,thats propaganda.....

    weed doesn't cause people to steal , that's crack.

    weed does not make you a loser, you'd be a loser with out pot

    the only things wrong with weed is it is a gainst the law , and it slightly slows your reaction time......

    Try telling that to some of the people I knew in rehab.

    LOL singer.


    I just don't understand what about being illegal do people in here not understand.
    It is illegal.
    that should be enough for someone to not do it.
    It is also agaianst NFL policy.
    Therefore people hired by the NFL should not do it.
    Plain and simple.
    A crime is a crime.
    some are worse than others.
    It doesn't make any of them right.
    just because "big bother says so"

    the war on drugs is a failure , and should be fixed.... take the money out of the drug dealers hands and do somthing positive with it.


    people are going to do drugs 1 way or another.

    jay walking is a crime.... people do it all the time .
    hahahaha, Adrian Peterson was caught and arrested for Jay Walking today, Career over?!?!?!?
    Anyone who thinks jay walking & smoking pot have the same effect on a person or should be treated the same by the NFL has smoked one too many Jays already.

    The NFL has strict policies against the use of illegal drugs, steroids & substance abuse. Last time I checked, nothing is there about jay walking.

    Violate the policy, suffer the consequences. End of story.
    [/quote]

    Singer lets not split hairs.
    Breaking the law is breaking the law.
    I don't support breaking the law so I think if a player breaks it they should be punished.
    I think it's about time that the NFL stops going soft on Jay Walkers.
    It's ruining the sport.
    [/quote]

    I think we all need to get something straight in this thread.
    Yes breaking the law is breaking the law.
    Either way there should be some form of punishment.
    As was said way before in this thread certain crimes deserve more or less punishment depending on the circumstances.
    Jayalking is illegal however, I don't think there is anything specifically stating jaywalking in the NFL policies.
    However, using illegal drugs is.
    Committing felonies are as well.
    I think people need to stop using the terms here loosely to try and fudge a point across.

    ...... [/quote]

    you said

    "ejmat" wrote:
    It is illegal.
    that should be enough for someone to not do it.
    everything that "big bro" says is not always right . and right or not people are going to break laws. who wasn't broken the law?

    you may like some 1 telling you what you can and can't injest , but if i want to eat extacy coated crack , then really it should be none of anybodys business.

    does that mean you have to take extacy coated crack???
    can't people decide for themselves?

    some people just blindly do what ever their government says as if it were word of god.
    [/quote]

    Not sure if you are understanding the concept of a contract.
    You sign one to play in the NFL.
    Just as you do in the military and other organizations.
    Contracts are legal tools to ban this type of behavior.
    So, to answer your question no he should not be able to decide which type of illegal drug to use.
    If he wants to get out of the NFL or any other business that doesn't allow it then he can do it all he wants and face whatever consequences come his way.
    There is a reason why it is banned.
    Organizations spend a lot of money to have you on their team.
    Marijuana effects your body negatively and can effect playing performances.
    Why do you think some players have other clauses in their contracts?
    Let's take Big Ben.
    He has in his contract regarding riding a motorcycle.
    Is it illegal?
    No.
    But it's something that is risky to the team after they invest a lot of money in him.
    This is why the use of marijuana is illegal.
    It puts the person using and possibly others at risk.
    Now if it is taken for medicinal purposes (such as other drugs like codeine) and you are not out in public, that's one thing.
    but to do it out in public and ask an officer of the law, "Do you know who I am?" makes this look to me that he did it because he thinks he is above the law just because he's a professional football player.
    [/quote]

    not sure if you have reading comprehention skills .

    my points have nothing to do with nfl or contracts. i haven't said 1 word about any of those subjects.

    my post are strictly about freedom and ignorance
    [/quote]

    I know you are not talking about my reading skills.
    My education level and use of my degrees will counter your implications.

    My posting the contractual issues here are very relevant to your post.


    Let's first look at the term freedom in your post.
    NFL players do not have the freedom to smoke, eat crack or do any other drugs.
    The reason is an NFL team invests a lot of money, time and training into each and every player.
    Therefore they have every right to tell a player not to use drugs.
    If you are not aware, using drugs can be harmful to your body and potentially harmful to others.
    Marijuana included.
    Therefore NFL organizations have a lot to lose when their players are drug users.

    Now let's look at "ignorance" of others on this site.
    I take your use of the term as to say the people in this thread are ignorant becasue they don't think it's okay to use drugs.
    IMO ignorance to this thread is thinking it is okay to use drugs.
    How is it okay?
    It's against the law.
    Just becasue some people do it doesn't make it right.
    So, by your thinking, just because someone goes out and shoots someone it's okay for others to do it?
    I know it's not the same crime but it's the same principle.
    [/quote]

    So what. I have a BBA and I am getting my Masters. Does that make you smart? No. You do not impress me one bit.
    [/quote]

    Again, not trying to impress you and for the record I have an MBA but what does that have to do with anything.
    We are talking about Darrion Scott in this thread and we are disagreeing in whether or not it is okay that he smoked pot and spouted off to an officer.
    I say no.
    you say it's okay because he's on IR.
    I disagree with you.
    Congrats on your BBA and going for your Master's.
    But that really has nothing to do with this thread.

  4. #184
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    yah im done too. I already made my point and all you anti-pot people had nothing to say back because you KNOW my post was right.
    Honestly I don't remember what your post said but it sounds like you are for pot.
    For those of you that thinks it's okay that is your choice and your opinion.
    I don't think at this time there is anything right about doing pot since it's illegal.
    If they legalize it then you have a leg to stand on.
    Until then it's wrong plain and simple.
    For the record I'm not saying you can or can't do it.
    That's up to you.
    What I'm saying is it is illegal.
    As far as the thread is concerned (which has been my point all along) Darrion Scott shouldn't be doing it becasue he is under NFL contract that states he shouldn't do it.
    He is paid a lot of money so the NFL and the Vikings have every right to tell him not to do it.

  5. #185
    IBleedPurple11's Avatar
    IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    414

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    yah im done too. I already made my point and all you anti-pot people had nothing to say back because you KNOW my post was right.
    Honestly I don't remember what your post said but it sounds like you are for pot.
    For those of you that thinks it's okay that is your choice and your opinion.
    I don't think at this time there is anything right about doing pot since it's illegal.
    If they legalize it then you have a leg to stand on.
    Until then it's wrong plain and simple.
    For the record I'm not saying you can or can't do it.
    That's up to you.
    What I'm saying is it is illegal.
    As far as the thread is concerned (which has been my point all along) Darrion Scott shouldn't be doing it becasue he is under NFL contract that states he shouldn't do it.
    He is paid a lot of money so the NFL and the Vikings have every right to tell him not to do it.
    Alot of things that are illegal that are done everyday, but we dont spend billions of dollars trying to stop those things. As for what Darrion did....there are a lot of althetes and other celebs that act like they are untouchable and say "do you know who I am"....you know why they say that??? because there are corrupt cops out there that DO let these people go if they are famous....thats how this world is. I will add that I DO NOT AGREE that he said that, but again if marijuana was legal, then all these athletes would not be getting in trouble for it. Some people, like myself, smoke everyday-hold steady jobs-are good family members-and are good people all around etc.. If you ask me...Alcohol should be illegal NOT marijuana.

    Here are some statistics...

    ANNUAL AMERICAN DEATHS CAUSED BY DRUGS
    TOBACCO

    400,000
    ALCOHOL

    100,000
    ALL LEGAL DRUGS

    20,000
    OTHER ILLEGAL DRUGS

    15,000
    CAFFEINE

    2,000
    ASPIRIN

    500
    MARIJUANA
    0


    HERE IS THE POST I POSTED PREVIOUSLY THAT YOU SAID YOU DID NOT SEE....


    **The first and most basic reason that marijuana should be legal is that there is no good reason for it not to be legal. Some people ask 'why should marijuana be legalized?" but we should ask "Why should marijuana be illegal?" From a philosophical point of view, individuals deserve the right to make choices for themselves. The government only has a right to limit those choices if the individual's actions endanger someone else. This does not apply to marijuana, since the individual who chooses to use marijuana does so according to his or her own free will. The government also may have a right to limit individual actions if the actions pose a significant threat to the individual. But this argument does not logically apply to marijuana because marijuana is far less dangerous than some drugs which are legal, such as alcohol and tobacco.

    **Individuals deserve the right to decide whether or not they should use marijuana. The government should not tell individuals what to do as long as they do not harm others.

    **The second important reason that marijuana should be legal is that it would save our government lots of money. In the United States, all levels of government (federal, state, and local authorities) participate in the "War on Drugs." We currently spend billions of dollars every year to chase peaceful people who happen to like to get high. These people get locked up in prison and the taxpayers have to foot the bill. We have to pay for food, housing, health care, attorney fees, court costs, and other expenses to lock these people up. This is extremely expensive! We could save billions of dollars every year as a nation if we stop wasting money locking people up for having marijuana. In addition, if marijuana were legal, the government would be able to collect taxes on it, and would have a lot more money to pay for effective drug education programs and other important causes.

    **We would have more money to spend on important problems if marijuana were legal.

    **The third major reason that marijuana should be legal is because prohibition does not help the country in any way, and causes a lot of problems. There is no good evidence that prohibition decreases drug use, and there are several theories that suggest prohibition might actually increase drug use (i.e. the "forbidden fruit" effect, and easier accessibility for youth). One unintended effect of marijuana prohibition is that marijuana is very popular in American high schools. Why? Because it is available. You don't have to be 21 to buy marijuana -- marijuana dealers usually don't care how old you are as long as you have money. It is actually easier for many high school students to obtain marijuana than it is for them to obtain alcohol, because alcohol is legal and therefore regulated to keep it away from kids. If our goal is to reduce drug consumption, then we should focus on open and honest programs to educate youth, regulation to keep drugs away from kids, and treatment programs for people with drug problems. But the current prohibition scheme does not allow such reasonable approaches to marijuana; instead we are stuck with 'DARE' police officers spreading lies about drugs in schools, and policies that result in jail time rather than treatment for people with drug problems. We tried prohibition with alcohol, and that failed miserably. We should be able to learn our lesson and stop repeating the same mistake.

    **Prohibition does not work. Education and treatment are better ways to address the drug problem.

    All of you that have to "doctors degrees" and blah blah blah......I would like to hear your argumnets (if any) why marijuana should be illegal....besides the fact that it is illegal.



    *SKOL!*

  6. #186
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    Dear lord why?
    You guys were almost done, I gave my two sense and nobody was going to change their opinion.
    It's still a dumb topic and not worth arguing over.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    Why is this thread still being posted in? Who cares about this guy, he is a backup player that is likely to be cut.

    Who Cares?

  8. #188
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Can anyone just agree to disagree?
    I will.
    Excellent.
    Let's let this go away...
    aye aye captain. I am officially done.
    You are good men with different points of view. Thankfully our founding fathers gave us a country that welcomes it. Hopefully we do not let our current leaders take it away from us.

    Happy new year

  9. #189
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings Darrion Scott cited for marijuana

    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    yah im done too. I already made my point and all you anti-pot people had nothing to say back because you KNOW my post was right.
    Honestly I don't remember what your post said but it sounds like you are for pot.
    For those of you that thinks it's okay that is your choice and your opinion.
    I don't think at this time there is anything right about doing pot since it's illegal.
    If they legalize it then you have a leg to stand on.
    Until then it's wrong plain and simple.
    For the record I'm not saying you can or can't do it.
    That's up to you.
    What I'm saying is it is illegal.
    As far as the thread is concerned (which has been my point all along) Darrion Scott shouldn't be doing it becasue he is under NFL contract that states he shouldn't do it.
    He is paid a lot of money so the NFL and the Vikings have every right to tell him not to do it.
    Alot of things that are illegal that are done everyday, but we dont spend billions of dollars trying to stop those things. As for what Darrion did....there are a lot of althetes and other celebs that act like they are untouchable and say "do you know who I am"....you know why they say that??? because there are corrupt cops out there that DO let these people go if they are famous....thats how this world is. I will add that I DO NOT AGREE that he said that, but again if marijuana was legal, then all these athletes would not be getting in trouble for it. Some people, like myself, smoke everyday-hold steady jobs-are good family members-and are good people all around etc.. If you ask me...Alcohol should be illegal NOT marijuana.

    Here are some statistics...

    ANNUAL AMERICAN DEATHS CAUSED BY DRUGS
    TOBACCO


    400,000
    ALCOHOL


    100,000
    ALL LEGAL DRUGS

    20,000
    OTHER ILLEGAL DRUGS

    15,000
    CAFFEINE

    2,000
    ASPIRIN


    500
    MARIJUANA

    0


    HERE IS THE POST I POSTED PREVIOUSLY THAT YOU SAID YOU DID NOT SEE....


    **The first and most basic reason that marijuana should be legal is that there is no good reason for it not to be legal. Some people ask 'why should marijuana be legalized?" but we should ask "Why should marijuana be illegal?" From a philosophical point of view, individuals deserve the right to make choices for themselves. The government only has a right to limit those choices if the individual's actions endanger someone else. This does not apply to marijuana, since the individual who chooses to use marijuana does so according to his or her own free will. The government also may have a right to limit individual actions if the actions pose a significant threat to the individual. But this argument does not logically apply to marijuana because marijuana is far less dangerous than some drugs which are legal, such as alcohol and tobacco.

    **Individuals deserve the right to decide whether or not they should use marijuana. The government should not tell individuals what to do as long as they do not harm others.

    **The second important reason that marijuana should be legal is that it would save our government lots of money. In the United States, all levels of government (federal, state, and local authorities) participate in the "War on Drugs." We currently spend billions of dollars every year to chase peaceful people who happen to like to get high. These people get locked up in prison and the taxpayers have to foot the bill. We have to pay for food, housing, health care, attorney fees, court costs, and other expenses to lock these people up. This is extremely expensive! We could save billions of dollars every year as a nation if we stop wasting money locking people up for having marijuana. In addition, if marijuana were legal, the government would be able to collect taxes on it, and would have a lot more money to pay for effective drug education programs and other important causes.

    **We would have more money to spend on important problems if marijuana were legal.

    **The third major reason that marijuana should be legal is because prohibition does not help the country in any way, and causes a lot of problems. There is no good evidence that prohibition decreases drug use, and there are several theories that suggest prohibition might actually increase drug use (i.e. the "forbidden fruit" effect, and easier accessibility for youth). One unintended effect of marijuana prohibition is that marijuana is very popular in American high schools. Why? Because it is available. You don't have to be 21 to buy marijuana -- marijuana dealers usually don't care how old you are as long as you have money. It is actually easier for many high school students to obtain marijuana than it is for them to obtain alcohol, because alcohol is legal and therefore regulated to keep it away from kids. If our goal is to reduce drug consumption, then we should focus on open and honest programs to educate youth, regulation to keep drugs away from kids, and treatment programs for people with drug problems. But the current prohibition scheme does not allow such reasonable approaches to marijuana; instead we are stuck with 'DARE' police officers spreading lies about drugs in schools, and policies that result in jail time rather than treatment for people with drug problems. We tried prohibition with alcohol, and that failed miserably. We should be able to learn our lesson and stop repeating the same mistake.

    **Prohibition does not work. Education and treatment are better ways to address the drug problem.

    All of you that have to "doctors degrees" and blah blah blah......I would like to hear your argumnets (if any) why marijuana should be illegal....besides the fact that it is illegal.

    I do remember your post now.
    thanks for reposting.
    One of the reasons why it is illegal is that it can impair your motor functions and potential cause harm to yourself or others.
    Your reaction time is slowed.
    Is alcohol just as dangerous?
    Of course it is.
    You can't go by your statistics alone to say alcohol is more dangerous.
    The reason is alcohol is legal and it's easier to obtain and easier to be out in public doing it.
    Whereas marijuana being illegal is not used as much out in the public.

    As far as the poeple here that do illegal drugs.
    That is your choice.
    I don't really care one way or another.
    This thread is about Darrion Scott who is a member of the NFL.
    It is against the contract he signed.
    That in itself is a binding legal document which tells him he can't do it.
    That document, he signed.
    For instance, I am a reservist in the Air Force.
    I signed
    documents telling me not to do it.
    Are there military people that do?
    Yes.
    In the Air Force you are kicked out if you are caught.
    Maybe they should do the same in the NFL.
    Have a zero tolerance policy.
    DARRION SCOTT is wrong for doing marijuana.
    Other than the fact he gets paid a lot of money in which an organization spends to use his services.


    These are my reasons why Darrion Scott is wrong.
    Let me repeat before anyone else says it again.
    I don't care if you do drugs.
    That is up to you.
    Either way you slice it, you are breaking the law knowingly.
    If you can live with that good for you.
    Personally I disagree.
    This thread is about Darrion Scott.
    He is wrong.
    Plain and simple.
    Rant off!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Similar Threads

  1. Darrion Scott arrested
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 10:17 AM
  2. Darrion Scott isn't happy with Vikings' offer
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 06-10-2007, 08:13 PM
  3. The Darrion Scott situation
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 05:58 AM
  4. DARRION SCOTT!
    By TheFloridianVikingFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 10:04 AM
  5. SN on Darrion Scott, the Cottrell D, and the Vikes WRs
    By sdvikefan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 12:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •