Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: VIKINGS D-FENSE Randy moss trade WHAT DID WE GET ANY WAY

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    OK, so what did we REALLY get in the Hershal Walker trade anyway?

(Heck, since we are bringing up old trades...)
    People tend to forget the fact that Herschel's first run from scrimmage was pretty exciteing. Remember he lost that shoe and scampered like 60 yards or something like that.

What if Burns wasn't such an idiot. Burns and Tice have much in common. You could see the VIKES were using the big H wrong and you could yell at the TV all you wanted to try and get them to change the play calling, and they just wouldn't listen.

Wrong Place at the Wrong Time!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    OK, so what did we REALLY get in the Hershal Walker trade anyway?

(Heck, since we are bringing up old trades...)
    People tend to forget the fact that Herschel's first run from scrimmage was pretty exciteing. Remember he lost that shoe and scampered like 60 yards or something like that.

What if Burns wasn't such an idiot. Burns and Tice have much in common. You could see the VIKES were using the big H wrong and you could yell at the TV all you wanted to try and get them to change the play calling, and they just wouldn't listen.

Wrong Place at the Wrong Time!!!
    I believe it was a kickoff return...I think.

Anyways, after that huge run it was called back for an illegal block or holding; I cannot remember which.

And that is when I knew Walker was doomed in MN.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: VIKINGS D-FENSE Randy moss trade WHAT DID WE GET ANY WAY?

Must... resist.... bait... oh crap, I'm hooked.

<takes deep breath>

Moss's problems on and off the field were image as much as reality. It was an image perpetuated by the press, and an image that he enjoyed. He prefered not to have attention diverted toward the incredible amounts of money he donated to charity, or to the fact that he would almost always give a TD ball to a special needs fan when he saw them in the stands. He became a household name not just because of his amazing abilities, but also because of his antics. And let's face it, fame sells (how many people on this site didn't own a Moss jersey.

Admittedly, he was beginning to cause problems among the staff and the players, although he never reached TO levels. The Moss trade was most likely a mutual decision. He wanted to see how he would fare elsewhere, and the Vikings were ready to start a new era. Plus it wouldn't surprise me if this was part of Red's going away present. He seems the type to try and screw people over as he moves on.

I do believe that more was expected out of Napolean Harris, and keep in mind we also got T-Will, who was a great pick IMO. We also opened up the field for other players to take the spotlight. Sharper and K-Rob are just a couple of examples.

Would we have won more games with Moss? Possibly. This is kinda like the BJ vs C-Pep debates. Everybody has their theories, but none of them are provable. Our record wasn't exactly impressive the last few years with Moss (28-36 in '01-'04).

Whether or not we agree with the trade or not, it is in the past. Over. Done. There is nothing we can do now to change it, and trying to measure the new players against the ghost of Moss is unfair. Nobody can live up to that.

<exhales>
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

^ Shut up loud mouth!

:razz:

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"wyorob" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The old timers have heard it all, but the newbs need to debate it.

He's not a newb, he's a troll. He is posting the same message in every thread...
    not a troll I am new here and learning the system. Sorry man. Found a great vikings site and I was checking out.
    In that case I apologize. When I saw you post the same question on multiple threads the devil in me made me jump to conclusions. ops:

Welcome. Shutting up now...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

We got Sam Cowart, Fred Smoot, Pat Williams, Troy Williamson, Darren Sharper, Napoleon Harris 20+ million free cap space this year.

Well ok not all that needed moss gone to obtain.......a lot of it though. We also got rid of a coaching staff that obviously couldn't get it done with the IMPROVED player base.

Sorry guys Napo is better then he was able to play under Cottrell. It's useless for me to argue until he proves himself in the Cover 2, but if at all possible I would try to hold judgment now that our players can play under a real D-cord.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I look at it like Nappo had found success early on in his career. He comes to Minneosta and all of a sudden he sucks? Dosnt make since right? Well throw in the fact he played under one of the stupiest Defensive Coordinators in the league. Who had a Defense stacked with talent but couldnt do anything with them for weeks. Finally all the players gelled and thier natural skills shined. I'm gonna go into this season with a open mind twords players like Nappo and Smoot. Under a new smart up and coming DC in Tomlin, they have a strong chance to excell.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Del Rio Guest

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I look at it like Nappo had found success early on in his career. He comes to Minneosta and all of a sudden he sucks? Dosnt make since right? Well throw in the fact he played under one of the stupiest Defensive Coordinators in the league. Who had a Defense stacked with talent but couldnt do anything with them for weeks. Finally all the players gelled and thier natural skills shined. I'm gonna go into this season with a open mind twords players like Nappo and Smoot. Under a new smart up and coming DC in Tomlin, they have a strong chance to excell.
    I agree, everyone has a clean slate to me as well.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

We got rid of a player that only played when he wanted to, we got rid of alot of money in the books, and we did get rid of alot of bad publicity until that dam boat incident. I love Randy Moss, but we were 1 game better without him then we wre with him, and we lost alot more than Moss last offseason..

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    *sigh* not again..
    No kidding! I've been dying to get a chance to use this smiley... here it goes...

:beathorse:
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast