Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vikings D

Del Rio Guest

Vikings D

Take a deep breath and think about this.

We had three sacks, one by the best DT in the league to give him a total of 10 on the season.

We actually had two interceptions by guys who have been non-exsistent all year. We were in the game down to the last 4seconds. We really only lost because of a huge fumble between Pepper and Smith. That the Hawks recovered.

It's going to be a dog fight. That team has a lot of talent. Their backs were against the wall just like ours. I would watch for them to surge now that they downed the Vikes.

We have some great talent on D as you can see it shines at times. If I don't see anything else this year I want to see three things.

#1 Lions- Smack them around. I mean really lay some hits on some people. This is a division game, it's personal. I don't care if you run the ball every down. But on D I want to see that young QB have to work. I want him affraid.

#2 Packers- Just win, it's going to be tough. Contain the run. And on offense run the ball. Run it right over that fat bastard in at nose tackle. Hell get 3 yards a carry who cares, but pound the hell out of them.

#3 Redskins- This team has the best chance of beating us. A great smackmouth D mixed with a young offense and a great RB who has really amazing catching ability. I want the offense to explode. Put up 40+ just unleash hell. Go wild, end of the season we would have won our last two. No time to get concervative because at this point it's for pride.

Then we will squeak into the playoffs where we will upset everyone and go on to our 5th superbowl and record our 1st win.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Vikings D

Dog fight it is. Certainly been better than the shellacking we took last year in big losses to piss poor teams. But come on, Del Rio. Didn't you get the memo that this is the worst team in history, and we've gone backwards as a team and its all everyone's fault at Winter Park and we should burn it down and start again?

LOL

lifelongvike is offline Training Camp

Vikings D

"webmaster" wrote:
    Dog fight it is. Certainly been better than the shellacking we took last year in big losses to piss poor teams. But come on, Del Rio. Didn't you get the memo that this is the worst team in history, and we've gone backwards as a team and its all everyone's fault at Winter Park and we should burn it down and start again?

LOL
    Webby is getting testy, we must really be in trouble.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Vikings D

Nah, just testy with those who think we need to burn down winter park and start over. Was a sarcastic comment, if it didn't sound that way. I was agreeing with Del Rio.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings D

Del Rio, you forgot the hawks receivers that were wide open all day. Blown coverages left and right, and you forgot the linebackers that are out of position on every other play and can not get to the sidelines on end arounds.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

Vikings D

I have read and even *gasp* contributed to some as the "D: would say nay saying. I have been a fan for 20+ years. Never liked another team, followed the Vikes with a passion.

I know why the people are frustrated. Because like I have said we all know they could win every year. And we all have high expectations. We are seriously a fan base that deserves some sugar. It is my honest opinion this team is 100% better personell wise then they were last year. And a lot of people felt that this was the year.

My concern is teams don't stay together long in the NFL and I felt this would be our peak year, it has been a bumpy ride so far. And it's not over. Once the pain dies down for these people it will be back to buisiness and rooting for the team.

We have a young team, we have had one hell of a scheduel to play this year with that young team against teams that are peaking themselves. We have had injury after injury, drug problems, and a lack of heart. But through all that BS we are still in it.

Be honest..........................................I mean really think about this, say we win our last three games, say we make it in as a wild card? That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!! :sunny:

Then we would play a really good team and how fun is that to watch? Underdog Vikes against overated inflated ego NFC playoff team on national TV. You know that shit is fun to watch. Lets get to the playoffs, see what happens, and worry about Tice, the team moving, Red, OC, DC in the offseason.

The only 3 sure things that I can swear on is this: 1.Culpepper is our future, he stays, to think otherwise is foolish. 2. The OC is bad, he needs his clipboard stolen. 3. Our D is one or two good players away from being insanely great.

Del Rio Guest

Vikings D

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Del Rio, you forgot the hawks receivers that were wide open all day. Blown coverages left and right, and you forgot the linebackers that are out of position on every other play and can not get to the sidelines on end arounds.

I didn't forget I cringed with all of you. I threw stuff at the TV with all of you. But the fact remains the Seahawks weren't a gimme. They had high hopes, they have a crap load of talent. I mean we should have won, coaching was poor as it always has been all year. But this game was by no means a secure Vikings win before it started.

You guys make it sound like we lost to Miami. We played a good team. Look fact is we are an OK team right now. We aren't firing on all cylinders and it isn't going to magically fix itself overnight. Even our wins this year have been close. We are struggling so don't be so surprised when we drop a game.

I don't like Tice, I don't like the cord's. Nut I love the team. There is no point arguing about the coaching or saying stuff like "I said he should go since day one."
    Because what do you want? a brownie?
    He's here we have three games left all hard and we have damn horns on our heads that use to drive through our opponents gut and lay some smack down. Tell me wacthing Kevin Williams cream Favre on X-mas eve won't bring a tear of joy to your eyes

Vikings D

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

I didn't forget I cringed with all of you. I threw stuff at the TV with all of you. But the fact remains the Seahawks weren't a gimme. They had high hopes, they have a crap load of talent. I mean we should have won, coaching was poor as it always has been all year. But this game was by no means a secure Vikings win before it started.

You guys make it sound like we lost to Miami. We played a good team. Look fact is we are an OK team right now. We aren't firing on all cylinders and it isn't going to magically fix itself overnight. Even our wins this year have been close. We are struggling so don't be so surprised when we drop a game.

I don't like Tice, I don't like the cord's. Nut I love the team. There is no point arguing about the coaching or saying stuff like "I said he should go since day one."
    Because what do you want? a brownie?
    He's here we have three games left all hard and we have damn horns on our heads that use to drive through our opponents gut and lay some smack down. Tell me wacthing Kevin Williams cream Favre on X-mas eve won't bring a tear of joy to your eyes

I like your optimism Del Rio! And I hope you are right!

Here comes the but, I am fighting for my Viking fan life! If the Vikes do not come back and win the last 3 games and beat GB then I will have to become a Green Bay fan and I can not live with that!

And I think of all the games that we through away this year and we could have had at least 3 more win and be heading into the playoffs as NFC North champs, but here we are hoping that we make the playoffs as a wild card! :angryfire:

Del Rio Guest

Vikings D

I agree, the situation we find ourselves in could have been prevented and in fact SHOULD have. But we can only work with what we have left. And if you ever consider becoming a Packer fan come visit me I have some guns we could go for a ride in the woods make it look like an accident :twisted:

Vikings D

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I agree, the situation we find ourselves in could have been prevented and in fact SHOULD have. But we can only work with what we have left. And if you ever consider becoming a Packer fan come visit me I have some guns we could go for a ride in the woods make it look like an accident :twisted:
    I made that stupid bet with Texpack, and I have guns that I can make that walk with already! I do not want to become "Whack The Vikes" Green Bay fan, but I have no choice!

The Vike shave to have a better record than Green Bay, and they could have! This team has the talent, but it is being wasted!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast