Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is online now PPO Newshound

Vikings cut ticket prices by 50% for Lions, Bucs

Vikings cut upper level tickets by 50 percent for Lions, Bucs games

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/28/vikings-cut-upper-level-tickets-by-50-percent-for-lions-bucs-games/

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Vikings cut ticket prices by 50% for Lions, Bucs

At first I thought this isn't going to sit well with season ticket holders who paid full price for their UL seats for those games & it might deter them from renewing their tickets next year.

Then I realized it very well could be moot, since most won't be renewing their tickets for a team that will be calling LA home next year anyways.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Wasn't this posted already a week or so ago? Maybe not, could have been in the yell..

Anyway, I personally don't care. First of all, these are the shit seats. It isn't for any seat open in the upper deck, just certain areas. And it is a lead capture campaign - in order to claim the tickets, you have to register an account and provide the Vikings with your name, email, address, etc, and agree to be involved in future marketing campaigns. Which makes sense - if people are willing to buy tickets at half price now, there is a decent chance that some of them will be talked to into being future season ticket holders.

As a ticket holder myself, I find it more bothersome that I STILL have to pay for two meaningless preseason games than the fact that some guy who might not be able to afford a regular price ticket will have the opportunity to watch my favorite for half price for a couple of games.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

FYI, after some digging, I believe that this is actually a Verizon Wireless sponsored event, not a Vikings sponsored one. Verizon Wireless purchased the tix, and have rights to leads generated after.

So it is no worse than when a radio station gives away free tix.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1107295
    FYI, after some digging, I believe that this is actually a Verizon Wireless sponsored event, not a Vikings sponsored one. Verizon Wireless purchased the tix, and have rights to leads generated after.

I think the league has rules not allowing teams to discount seats. My guess is this is just a work around that rule. Verizon is a sponsor of the Vikings, instead of advertising they are buying tickets. The last thing the Vikings want during there stadium push is a blacked out home game.

You didn't have to do any digging. The 5th response to the article spelled it out.

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1107294

As a ticket holder myself, I find it more bothersome that I STILL have to pay for two meaningless preseason games than the fact that some guy who might not be able to afford a regular price ticket will have the opportunity to watch my favorite for half price for a couple of games.

Or 1% to 25%. I've seen me do it.

I hear you on the full price season ticket prices & agree. It's one of the main reasons I don't buy season tickets anymore.

I've purchased many a $100 a seat preseason tickets for $25 ea. & have purchased $50 seats for as little as $0.25.

It's just not right selling preseason tickets at the same price as regular season, for most NFL teams, but they do get them sold.

With the exception of the Packers game & usually 1 other big game during the year, I was always able to find tickets below face value & Packer tickets for not a lot above face value.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107367

You didn't have to do any digging. The 5th response to the article spelled it out.
    LMAO. I didn't even see that. Guess I could have saved some time if I would have scrolled down a bit.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1107396
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107367

LMAO. I didn't even see that. Guess I could have saved some time if I would have scrolled down a bit.
    I usually don't scroll down & read the comments, but this time I did & it caught my eye because it was lengthy.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1107294
    Wasn't this posted already a week or so ago? Maybe not, could have been in the yell..

Anyway, I personally don't care. First of all, these are the shit seats. It isn't for any seat open in the upper deck, just certain areas. And it is a lead capture campaign - in order to claim the tickets, you have to register an account and provide the Vikings with your name, email, address, etc, and agree to be involved in future marketing campaigns. Which makes sense - if people are willing to buy tickets at half price now, there is a decent chance that some of them will be talked to into being future season ticket holders.

I don't agree completely with the shit seats. I got row 12 for the home opener. I couple rows up and I could of got half price. These are decent seats. I would of gladly paid less for 2 rows up. It pisses me off and I will definitely write a letter on it. This is killing your profit on those tickets eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast