Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings cut Bryant McKinnie

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1102791
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1102780
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1102779
    Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1102777
    It sucks because he had the ability but you cannot have players with his salary and position on the team being lazy asses.

He clearly did not care about his performance or else he would have showed up at least somewhat close to being in the proper condition.

I actually credit the team for this decision. This team got complacent last year and the last thing I want is for the guy responsible for protecting my quarterbacks blindside to be lazy.
    He has actually been lazy for a few years and got away with it. I'm glad to see someone in the organistion actually show some balls and call him out by cutting his fat arse.
    I actually do like the move.

As much as it will hurt us, as replacing an above average LT is no easy task, I'm glad the FO is taking a stance finally.

No more slackers. It's one thing for a guy like Favre or Pat Williams who are old, but still play at a high level, to miss a couple days I think, but for a starting LT to show up overweight, tweeting every day about partying and rapping, his time has come.

Good Riddance, we won't miss you.
    Actually according to Mac...he was told that his cholesterol was too high for him to play by doctors and that he would have to sit out the season. Not sure that makes anysense but... that's his story and he's sticking to it.
    Mac is so full of shit i can smell him from here. Remember when he got dropped from the probowl for missing practices and meetings because he was busy partying? He told the media he waa hurt. Bs.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Can only applaud Frazier for this move, its been a long time coming, no one, McKinnie included, should be surprised.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Is it really better that his cholesterol was the problem, not his weight?

What's this guy's diet like? Chad Johnson eats McDonald's every day and he can still play. The guy is lazy, plain and simple.

His weight caused foot injuries for him in previous seasons. This was a good move.

I wish we tried to move him before putting him on the NFI list, but oh well.

I like the way the general attitude of the team is shaping up so far. Berrian was willing to restructure, Rice's greed took him out of town, Peterson's not holding out, Ponder's eager and McNabb looks happy. Apparently Loadholt came in in great shape as well.

I like the direction we're moving in. I think this is going to be a surprising season.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Frazier must have read my post this morning and realized he could still make things right;

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102631
    No, the bad news is the Vikings didn't cut his fat, lazy Gilbert Burger eating ass to make cap room for someone who could contribute to our passing game.

Your Welcome!

:P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

How can a guy this talented get ruined by C-list celebrities? It reminds me of that scene in the Other Guys. When Samuel L Jackson is talking about their after party. "Everyone is invited to our after party tonight. It's at Butta. Everyone is gonna be there. Bai Ling, Bryant McKinnie, that little short bitch from jersey shore..." Good riddance Bryant! You lazy bum.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

I kind wonder: if he can't control his weight during the season while playing a sport professionally and now is too fat to even play, how is he going to keep himself healthy when he's not playing? I get the impression that he's going to cut his life short if he keeps treating his body like he does.

It's too bad that this was the right move for the team to make. But such is life. He's not the first guy to not give 100% to his job. He was still a decent player for the Vikes for many years.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

It sucks because he had the ability but you cannot have players with his salary and position on the team being lazy asses.

He clearly did not care about his performance or else he would have showed up at least somewhat close to being in the proper condition.

I actually credit the team for this decision. This team got complacent last year and the last thing I want is for the guy responsible for protecting my quarterbacks blindside to be lazy.
    He has actually been lazy for a few years and got away with it. I'm glad to see someone in the organistion actually show some balls and call him out by cutting his fat arse.
    I'm not sad to see him go. He was inconsistent at best, and I was afraid he'd taint Loadholt with his laziness.

Now, where is Marrdro to tell us how we're all wrong about McKinnie, and how we don't really understand the game....

Caine

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1102819

I'm not sad to see him go. He was inconsistent at best, and I was afraid he'd taint Loadholt with his laziness.

Now, where is Marrdro to tell us how we're all wrong about McKinnie, and how we don't really understand the game....

Caine
    I fairness, I was his biggest supporter. I'm not sad to see him go, he really soured on me last season and his dedication to getting better sucked. It really makes me wish that we went OT in the 2nd round and signed Carson or Miller at TE

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102811
    Frazier must have read my post this morning and realized he could still make things right;

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102631
    No, the bad news is the Vikings didn't cut his fat, lazy Gilbert Burger eating ass to make cap room for someone who could contribute to our passing game.

Your Welcome!

:P

lmao...now he has plenty of time to be captain of another Love Boat.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1102819

Caine

And there, ladies and gents, the proper use of the word "taint".
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast