Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings cut Bryant McKinnie

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/02/vikings-release-longtime-lt-mckinnie/?module=HP11_headline_stack

Blog Entries

and of course McKinnie has nothing to add, just quotes this:

@BryantMckinnie
    RT @skjensen: I've watched Bryant McKinnie work out; he's a physical freak, to be able to move the way he does for a 6 foot 8 man.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

It sucks because he had the ability but you cannot have players with his salary and position on the team being lazy asses.

He clearly did not care about his performance or else he would have showed up at least somewhat close to being in the proper condition.

I actually credit the team for this decision. This team got complacent last year and the last thing I want is for the guy responsible for protecting my quarterbacks blindside to be lazy.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

I'm not going to lie...this makes me happy :-) its about time his lazy turn table ass gets cut. Good riddance!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1102777
    It sucks because he had the ability but you cannot have players with his salary and position on the team being lazy asses.

He clearly did not care about his performance or else he would have showed up at least somewhat close to being in the proper condition.

I actually credit the team for this decision. This team got complacent last year and the last thing I want is for the guy responsible for protecting my quarterbacks blindside to be lazy.
    He has actually been lazy for a few years and got away with it. I'm glad to see someone in the organistion actually show some balls and call him out by cutting his fat arse.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1102779

He has actually been lazy for a few years and got away with it. I'm glad to see someone in the organistion actually show some balls and call him out by cutting his fat arse.
    I actually do like the move.

As much as it will hurt us, as replacing an above average LT is no easy task, I'm glad the FO is taking a stance finally.

No more slackers. It's one thing for a guy like Favre or Pat Williams who are old, but still play at a high level, to miss a couple days I think, but for a starting LT to show up overweight, tweeting every day about partying and rapping, his time has come.

Good Riddance, we won't miss you.

Blog Entries

I actually wonder how long Frazier has wanted to do this, as I'm sure this isn't a spur of the moment and has been building for a long time. McKinnies arriving out of shape was just the final straw.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Definitely true but last year took it to a new level. He almost never followed through on his blocks. Just because you can deter the pass rusher initially does not mean you just completely stop and watch as your assignment keeps playing.

It was like everyone decided that if the QB hadn't gotten rid of the ball in 3 seconds then he was shit out of luck because they were done protecting him.

Anyway I am happy. Johnson is not the gifted athlete that Mckinnie was as a LT but I believe he will be better simply because he will actually put forth effort.

Blog Entries

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1102780

I actually do like the move.

As much as it will hurt us, as replacing an above average LT is no easy task, I'm glad the FO is taking a stance finally.

No more slackers. It's one thing for a guy like Favre or Pat Williams who are old, but still play at a high level, to miss a couple days I think, but for a starting LT to show up overweight, tweeting every day about partying and rapping, his time has come.

Good Riddance, we won't miss you.
    Actually according to Mac...he was told that his cholesterol was too high for him to play by doctors and that he would have to sit out the season. Not sure that makes anysense but... that's his story and he's sticking to it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast