purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings/Culpepper showing 4th quarter/late game heart

As bad as the defense looked in the first half (or this entire season for that matter), I've got to give the Vikings props for showing a lot of "late-game heart" this season. In the last three weeks, the Vikings have come from behind, trailing by double digits in the 4th quarter each time, to either tie the game or take the lead. In Houston, even though they gave up a big lead late, they came out and took care of business in overtime. Even though they lost to Indy and GB on last second FGs, the fact that they trailed by as much as they did and came back to tie the game up late (and we all know the refs stole the GB game at the end) speaks volumes about the heart of this team. Three of the four games I've mentioned were on the road as well. Culpepper's 4th quarter rally ability has been questioned frequently (and mostly by Vikings fans); hopefully, his performance this season will silence those critics and give all Viking fans hope whenever the Vikings fall behind.

If the Vikings make the playoffs, this "never-say-die" attitude will serve them well. Hopefully, they won't find themselves behind by two scores in the 4th quarter. But if they trail, at least we now have hope that they can and will get off the mat and "get 'er done!"
    SKOL VIKINGS!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

I think it's great. I have not heard anything
    from the doubting Thomas or in this case doubting
    Daunte crew. It was great to see him so fired up
    I knew it was gonna happen.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Hey remember when Chubchub and Buck thought it would be a good idea to get rid of Culpepper and start Frerotte, that was a pretty good idea wasn't it?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Before we showed up in the first half and not the second, now were not showing up in the first and we are in the second...imagine if the players would realize that they have to show up for all 60 minutes!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Having played sports, ....just in high school, true..., I can understand the not show up bit. I remember practices after losses, because of not showing up, that the point guards were throwing up in the corner. And they were like 3 hours long. Enough of those and you damn sure show up. My guess is, well, *cough* , my HOPE is, at the end of the year, when we are in the play-offs, they WILL show up for 60 min. And look out if they do. I bet Buck would want Tice's head this year. Or maybe Burleson....Wiggins, thats it, fire Wiggins, hahahha, the only good thing, for me about those clowns is they got me started posting. Now I bet you all hate them. =D.