Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Vikings Cruise T-Shirts hit eBay

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    I DO NOT seet the humor in this whatsoever. Whoever was involved in it should be disciplined. What an embarrassment to the fine organization that I am PROUD to support. The next time one of these players goes to a school to help out, or you see them on a United Way commercial, what are people (kids) going to think.

Viking Players....Shape Up or Ship Out!!
    '

Before we jump to any conclusions, we need to make sure of who did what.

Even if they were guilty of inappropraite behavior, its still good they help out charities.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    I DO NOT seet the humor in this whatsoever. Whoever was involved in it should be disciplined. What an embarrassment to the fine organization that I am PROUD to support. The next time one of these players goes to a school to help out, or you see them on a United Way commercial, what are people (kids) going to think.

Calm down. Does that 66 in your name stand for you age? Did your teenage years take place in the days in which the Waltz was the fad? This was a mistake by SOME of the Vikings players and as fans, we do have a right to look at this situation and find some humor in it. Why sit around and piss and moan about it like you? The season has already been painful enough to deal with. :roll:
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

I agree....it is good they help out charities....however....professional athletes ARE role models...I dont care what anyone says, including Charles Barkley. Sports is a Billion dollar industry, with highly paid, therefor visibly participants. Fair or not, it is the truth. They need to think twice about their actions before doing them.

My daughter (not really a viking fan :sad: ) said a couple of things to me when she heard of this.....

1. I am sorry this had to happen to your team
    2. What are these players thinking, dont they realize they are role models.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i can't believe they actually made t-shirts about this. :roll:

Thanks Josdin

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    i can't believe they actually made t-shirts about this. :roll:
    I'll bet the magnetic ribbons & bumper stickers are next.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Vikes2611 wrote to NDVikingFan66:
    Calm down. Does that 66 in your name stand for you age? Did your teenage years take place in the days in which the Waltz was the fad? This was a mistake by SOME of the Vikings players and as fans, we do have a right to look at this situation and find some humor in it. Why sit around and piss and moan about it like you? The season has already been painful enough to deal with.

Whoa now, Vikes2611. Sounds like you need a little calming down yourself. No need to dis someone who expresses their opinion, like you are free to do also. I can find humor in the situation, a little anyway. Keeps me from crying. And perhaps we should go back to "the days in which the Waltz was the fad". At least a greater number of the sports figures back then had a bit more class, or better judgement, by and large.

I remember reading about when the Vikings were first created, their first head coach was a real fire breather called Norm Van Brocklin. At that time the Vikes shared a college campus for their facilities. Van Brocklin told the team, "There will be NO fraternization with the coeds. We will not fine you. We will not suspend you. We will just kick your a$$ off the team." God bless him.

I will withhold judgement until all the facts are in before I rant and rave. The Vikes have dropped about as low as a team can go right now, if the allegations are true, but at least Wilf sounds like the man who will come down like a ton of bricks on anyone who steps out of line. Thank God. Then I can start feeling proud about my Vikes again.

Keep the faith!
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes2611" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

Calm down. Does that 66 in your name stand for you age? Did your teenage years take place in the days in which the Waltz was the fad? This was a mistake by SOME of the Vikings players and as fans, we do have a right to look at this situation and find some humor in it. Why sit around and piss and moan about it like you? The season has already been painful enough to deal with. :roll:
    No...the 66 does not stand for my age, and yes I am withholding total judgement until the facts are out, but like I tell me kids, if you think there is going to be trouble where you are, get out of there. My kids know enough to do this.....but grown men dont.....grown men who are role models. And now it comes out Culpepper was on the boat....what kind of leadership is that??

Sad times I tell you....very sad times.....

scott72 is offline Rookie

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    I agree....it is good they help out charities....however....professional athletes ARE role models...I dont care what anyone says, including Charles Barkley. Sports is a Billion dollar industry, with highly paid, therefor visibly participants. Fair or not, it is the truth. They need to think twice about their actions before doing them.

My daughter (not really a viking fan :sad: ) said a couple of things to me when she heard of this.....

1. I am sorry this had to happen to your team
    2. What are these players thinking, dont they realize they are role models.
    Watch out, don't mention anything about your kids being effected by this. I did that because my son is a Vike fan and I got told I'm not a good enough parent... :roll:
    Go Pack go!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"scott72" wrote:
    Watch out, don't mention anything about your kids being effected by this. I did that because my son is a Vike fan and I got told I'm not a good enough parent... :roll:
    Are you sure it just doesn't have to do with the fact that he's a Vikes fan & you're a Packer fan! Just kidding Scott :lol: Do the best you can.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

lets go scott jr.!!! jk man. those shirts are pretty sad.

Go vikes!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast