Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Vikings - Cowboys preview articles

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    It will be fun to play a lot of the game against Brad Johnson!
    ;D
    I never thought of that Cojo?

    Do you think Robison will introduce himself to him?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #22
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Vikings - Cowboys preview articles

    [size=13pt]Vikings fan favorite returns as a Cowboy[/size]

    Posted at: 08/28/2007 08:44:28 AM
    Dave Dahl
    kstp.com




    Brad Johnson has worked very hard to establish himself in the National Football League first entering the NFL as a ninth round draft pick in 1992.....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #23
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Vikings - Cowboys preview articles

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings fan favorite returns as a Cowboy[/size]

    Posted at: 08/28/2007 08:44:28 AM
    Dave Dahl
    kstp.com




    Brad Johnson has worked very hard to establish himself in the National Football League first entering the NFL as a ninth round draft pick in 1992.....

    He might have been a fan favorite at some point of his long career. But calling him so at this point, after being the scapegoat of last year, would be a pretty serious stretch.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  4. #24
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Vikings - Cowboys preview articles


    Atleast we'll be getting some three and out, from check-down Johnson. He can manage a game, but he cannot zipp the ball anymore. I like our situation at QB now with the addition of Holcomb, and really only hope the best for Brad this season, just not against us. Wouldn't it be funny if by October 21st Brad is starting for the plowboi's.

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings - Cowboys preview articles

    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    Atleast we'll be getting some three and out, from check-down Johnson. He can manage a game, but he cannot zipp the ball anymore. I like our situation at QB now with the addition of Holcomb, and really only hope the best for Brad this season, just not against us. Wouldn't it be funny if by October 21st Brad is starting for the plowboi's.
    Not so fast.
    Not all problems related to execution can be attributed to BJ last year.
    The whole team (even the coaches) had problems with execution last year.

    They (the boys) have a couple of WR's that can actually get across the middle on those short routes (much the way B-wade has done for us this year) were we didn't really have anybody like that last year.

    We might see a very effective BJ (He said effective BJ
    ;D
    ;D) based on thier scheme and talent on the field.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Vikings - Cowboys preview articles


    I don't know Marrdro, living here in Tejas, I've watched him play. He can barely throw a spiral anymore. He'll get the ball to a open guy, but just won't force a ball into tight coverage. I like Brad too, good game management, but arm strenght is questionable. If you take the slant away from him I don't see him hitting some 10-15 yrd outs on a regular basis. If he throws it downfield, coverage can adjust to the ball more so than a strong armed guy.

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings - Cowboys preview articles

    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    I don't know Marrdro, living here in Tejas, I've watched him play. He can barely throw a spiral anymore. He'll get the ball to a open guy, but just won't force a ball into tight coverage. I like Brad too, good game management, but arm strenght is questionable. If you take the slant away from him I don't see him hitting some 10-15 yrd outs on a regular basis. If he throws it downfield, coverage can adjust to the ball more so than a strong armed guy.
    Wow, getting that bad huh?
    Sad to a vet decline like that. He was always a favorite of mine.


    Nothing but class, my friend, he is nothing but class.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Vikings - Cowboys preview articles


    He has the same type team in the boys as we do with the Vikes, a good running game J. Jones, and MBIII, and a tough defense, so the QB won't be forced into throwing to many passes.That makes it a good fit for Brad.

  9. #29
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Vikings - Cowboys preview articles

    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    He has the same type team in the boys as we do with the Vikes, a good running game J. Jones, and MBIII, and a tough defense, so the QB won't be forced into throwing to many passes.That makes it a good fit for Brad.
    I live in Tejas too PT and I don't think the boys defense is all its cracked up to be. If Romo goes down Brad is not going to be able to succeed in the starting role. He's looked really old out there, and the Cowboys have much more of a vertical passing attack than we did/do.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Vikings - Cowboys preview articles

    "PurpleTide" wrote:


    I don't know Marrdro, living here in Tejas, I've watched him play. He can barely throw a spiral anymore. He'll get the ball to a open guy, but just won't force a ball into tight coverage. I like Brad too, good game management, but arm strenght is questionable. If you take the slant away from him I don't see him hitting some 10-15 yrd outs on a regular basis. If he throws it downfield, coverage can adjust to the ball more so than a strong armed guy.
    "V" wrote:

    I live in Tejas too PT and I don't think the boys defense is all its cracked up to be. If Romo goes down Brad is not going to be able to succeed in the starting role. He's looked really old out there, and the Cowboys have much more of a vertical passing attack than we did/do.
    ??? Where is Tejas?
    :-

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings - Cowboys post-game articles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 02:59 AM
  2. Vikings - Cowboys pre-game articles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 09:13 AM
  3. Preseason #4: Cowboys@Vikings, post-game articles
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 12:55 PM
  4. NFL.com NFC North preview...also Vikings preview
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 05:16 AM
  5. Week 1 Preview vs. Dallas Cowboys
    By tlk23 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 04:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •