Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    His lack of focus on the sideline was a problem too. One of the coaches was on the sideline with Ponder going thru the game photos & trying to point things out to him to help him with his game. Ponder would have none of that and was looked away to laugh & yuk it up with someone off camera.

His lack of interest in listening & paying attention to the coach might explain why Ponder isn't learning or progressing like he should.
    Didnt see this, but if he is not willing to learn from his mistakes he will never get better.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Ponder is still initial read and if not there pull it down and run. He seems happy when he runs for yardage not understanding his failure as a qb. F

I watched for this specifically today, and it still happened.

Specifically the Jennings interception, he stared Jennings down that side of the field the entire play, underthrew him and the safety made an easy move to get it. He stares down the first read quite frequently, it's just frustrating watching a lack of progression.

Having said that, he played SIGNIFICANTLY better than he has to this point this season, but needs to step it up still.

His arm strength is laughable. Fricken Brad Johnson at the end of his career could throw it 50 yards to the endzone, Ponder should be able to.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Well, at least they put up a fight! I hate the cowturds as much or more as the green boy packers, so I was really not lookin forward to what I suspected would be a whooping, at their house, with their explosive offense vs. our awfully injured defense! But our D outperformed expectations, and did a good job of limiting a very potent offense on the road. Ponder was kinda OK, completing 67.5% but only averaging barely over 6 yards/attempt. Really, at this point, I'm afraid the worst thing that could happen would be for him to suddenly play just good enough to earn another chance, and we'll be stuck with his short arm again!!?!??!????? D'oh!!

Really, this season is so over. We started out without a real NFL QB, but have since lost our top 2 safeties, a starting level LB and CB, and a rotational DT. Now Rudolf is injured, and my guess is, he may be done for the year, cuz why hurry back for this!? But, really, I think I may have had a realization over the weekend...we've been missing Rhett Ellison since what, week 1 or 2? That is our versatile blocker guy who could line up at FB or TE and pick up that extra rusher out of the blitz. We haven't beat a blitz since he got hurt. And, we're also missing some STs guys too. UGLY.

Seriously, I'll root for them to win, but I'd just as soon lose every game from here on out and snag a top five pick, cuz we got lots of holes and a top 5 pick in every round might go a long way toward filling them.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Patterson is great to watch......beer is really good............. waking up in time for the 2 min. warning... Dreadful
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    If we get one more draft like last year (including a QB), coupled with a new coach (preferably a Jim Harbaugh type of guy), we will have a great team to watch next year. Losses still rankle me, but there IS light at the end of that particular tunnel.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123