Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    APRunsAD is offline Waterboy

Vikings--Cowboys Post-Game thread

Overall, this was a pretty solid effort on behalf of the Vikings. If nothing else, the offense consistently moved the chains, and the game was competitive to the end. AD has a good game, and Ponder was, for the first time in a while, a serviceable professional QB.

The missed XP was huge, however. It was the difference between needing to drive the entire football field and needing only to get to the ~35 yard line. It would have changed the play calls on our drive, and it probably, actually, would have changed the Cowboys' play calls on their game-winning drive. Considering that I was expecting a big blow-out, I'll take a competitive NFL game any day.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Seeing Xavier's knee bent sideways at a 90 degree angle still has a knot in my stomach... that was the dagger boys.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Ponder was a problem today, a big problem, his inability to throw the ball down the field and his lack of pocket awareness was a big reason why Dallas ended up winning today but another question can be asked..

Why does Musgrave keep putting him in those positions.. ??, today we went back to what worked last year with a lot short passes, screens, dinks and dunks.. But then suddenly we try to throw from the endzone and a deep pass to Jennings, both ended up as turnovers.

Defensive we did well, but went conservative on the last drive.

Did anyone notice Josh Robinson played a very good game, today he played as outside corner, he is not fit in the slot.. Instead Sherels cost us today inside. Not replacing Winfield was a huge mistake, thinking Josh Robinson would be able to fit the gap without having any experience in the slot has sold this defense out..

There must be a capable nickel corner out there on the market, i don't know why we haven't done anything about it yet but i can only blame Rick Spielman for making this move.

Heads up play by newly promoted TE Chase Ford to pick up Adrian and helping him in for the TD. Thats extraordinary effort and how you you can win games. It was what helped us last year, effort.. Need more of this!!

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings--Cowboys Post-Game thread

After further review, Ponder still sucks.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    lol @ Ponder's hail mary. Did that even get within 10 yards of the end zone?

oh well...I'm all about draft positioning at this point anyway.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    The two plays that stand out for me with Ponder was fumbling in the end zone for a TD and not being able to reach the end zone on the hail Mary at the end. If you watch that play there were 3 cowboy players near the ball. No vikings in sight. I assume they were in the end zone waiting for the ball to reach them.

Also once again we go to the prevent a win defense with only 3 people rushing and they simply march down the field and score. How many times do we have to see this to realize that it is not working and is poorly designed. It doesn't prevent shit. They still completed 30 yd passes.

WWBGD

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    The two plays that stand out for me with Ponder was fumbling in the end zone for a TD and not being able to reach the end zone on the hail Mary at the end. If you watch that play there were 3 cowboy players near the ball. No vikings in sight. I assume they were in the end zone waiting for the ball to reach them.

Also once again we go to the prevent a win defense with only 3 people rushing and they simply march down the field and score. How many times do we have to see this to realize that it is not working and is poorly designed. It doesn't prevent shit. They still completed 30 yd passes.
    I'd add the 2 3 and longs that the Vikes didn't stop the cowboys ....3 and 17 and they get a 29 yard play missed 4th down gamble, fumbled kickoff, int, missed xp .....omg the cowboys got way more penalties than any team I've seen in sometime......not called Vikings it almost appeared like the Vikings would be drafting a bit lower than 3rd ....well back to dreaming of the headlines......Vikings clean house, Frazier fired

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Oh I forgot something that doesn't happen very often happened today. Ponder throw a td and it was from outside the red zone omg

I could at least stomach most of this game for once. I'm glad it wasn't another complete embarrassment for a change. Ponder played a fair game but he's Ponder so I don't expect much. His pass at the end was embarrassing and his pocket awareness is nonexistent.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    1-7 marks the worst start to a season in franchise history. Ziggy please just fire everyone.
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast