Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I would prefer we kept all games at home and forget about Europe and be done with it. It will not work to have a team in Europe and there is no future there.
    But if the Vikings drum up a lot of the European fan base by playing there, just think how quickly we can pay for our new stadium by selling those pull tabs in English pubs & other pubs, inns & taverns all over Europe! :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Consider this and thhink about it. Goodell is talking about there being a third game in London going forward which means pressure will start coming on those teams who haven't yet opted/offered to give up a home game and play here.
    At present the Vikes/Steelers game has really caught the European NFL fanbase as it has two teams that are good as opposed to recent years where we've had one good team/one team that sucks up until now. So that will mean the screws going onto more of the so called 'bigger' teams to give up a home game and come to London.
    Whilst the new stadium is going up and the team is at the TCF then this is the ideal time for Zygi to offer up a home game. After 3 years then it will then be less likely that pressure will then be put on the team having moved into the new stadium.
    On the other hand perhaps you'd prefer that we give up games having moved into the new stadium?? Now that would be the REAL slap in the face to the local economy and government.
    If they said we they were going to do 3 games a year in London, and divide those games evenly so all teams have to give up a home game(about 1 every 10 years), I'd be fine with taking our turn now. 3 years in a row means we should be safe for over 30 years.
    The large market teams with new stadiums are not going to play home games in London. I doubt Chicago, Green Bay, or Dallas will ever lose a home game.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    If they said we they were going to do 3 games a year in London, and divide those games evenly so all teams have to give up a home game(about 1 every 10 years), I'd be fine with taking our turn now. 3 years in a row means we should be safe for over 30 years.
    The large market teams with new stadiums are not going to play home games in London. I doubt Chicago, Green Bay, or Dallas will ever lose a home game.
    and that is probably true and the only way round the issue maybe to go to an 18 game schedule with teams playing two games overseas without giving up a home game. - as has been mentioned before by the league and to be agreed with the NFLPA.
    However until that time, as I said before, by doing this will hopefully avoid the Vikes having to do it once we're in the new stadium. It will then turn the focus onto other teams and leave us in peace about it.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The NFL is less and less about football and more and more about revenue streams. How much is enough for these people?

We may as well start watching Rollerball.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings could return to London in 2014 and 2015

Yeah, much like NASCAR did to their sport.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12