Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I remember that talk going on. I may just be messed up in my old head, but are teams allowed to trade vets during the draft? I thought I remembered hearing a couple of years ago that vets could not be traded during the draft. I can't think of any of those type of trades in the past few years. Again it may just be something my head made up on me.

Unless somethings changed recently, they are allowed to trade players during the draft. That's how we got Artis Hicks back in 2006.

Later on Sunday, the Eagles traded four-year veteran guard Artis Hicks to the Minnesota Vikings for a swap of fourth-round choices and an additional sixth-round pick. Hicks was made expendable by the acquisition of Jean-Gilles earlier in the fourth round.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Vikings still considering options at middle LB, Leslie Frazier says

Frazier isn't ready to name Erin Henderson the Minnesota Vikings' middle linebacker yet. He's not even ready to call Henderson the front-runner.

the Vikings still are considering several options, including second-year pro Audie Cole, journeyman backup Tyrone McKenzie and rookie seventh-round draft pick Michael Mauti
    Vikings still considering options at middle LB, Leslie Frazier says | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456