Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I want to see what Audie Cole can do with all the rest of the talent they are putting around him. He may just surprise a few guys.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I want to see what Audie Cole can do with all the rest of the talent they are putting around him. He may just surprise a few guys.
    If only we could get our opponents to start their 3rd-stringers every game!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    If you follow the process, he should be the next guy in the hopper. At least that's what they drafted him to be.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Jarlvik is offline Rookie
    There is a chance that AJ Klein will be available at 120. I hope that he does because it
    would take all of our remaining picks to get to Rd3. Greenway endorses him. Also, a good DT does help out the Mike in Run Defense.
    I'm glad that we didn't get Te'O after I heard a clip of him responding to the Vikings trading back into the 1st Rd to take Cordarrelle Patterson, saying he's never heard of him and thought that Cordarrelle was a girls name. Sounds like a whiner and immature. Almost as classless as Geno "I'm going home" Smith. Doesn't look like a tough minded leader as a QB.
    None

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    If you follow the process, he should be the next guy in the hopper. At least that's what they drafted him to be.
    He was a 7th round pick. He wasn't drafted to be the heir apparent, he was drafted because they saw potential in him. Potential to contribute or compete for a roster position and even possibly be a starter some day. He was a guy they felt was worthy of the 210th pick, nothing more.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    He was a 7th round pick. He wasn't drafted to be the heir apparent, he was drafted because they saw potential in him. Potential to contribute or compete for a roster position and even possibly be a starter some day. He was a guy they felt was worthy of the 210th pick, nothing more.
    And possibly a pick that might turn out to be one of those diamonds in the rough he keeps searching for.

I find it puzzling that Marrdro believes a 6 year veteran FA was signed for 1 year for training camp fodder only, but believes a 7th round pick was to be the "heir apparent"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    And possibly a pick that might turn out to be one of those diamonds in the rough he keeps searching for.

I find it puzzling that Marrdro believes a 6 year veteran FA was signed for 1 year for training camp fodder only, but believes a 7th round pick was to be the "heir apparent"
    I think he was dreaming of a flounder sandwich when the teacher was going over the principles of deductive reasoning

So what did you just say that I didn't?

Why do you draft a guy with potential? Could it be that you think you can get him ready to replace a guy in a year or two if needed?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

Thats because you can't see the big picture my friend.

What was the Lions biggest need going into this draft.....(hint hint pass rusher). If a cat, after 6 years couldn't land a spot on that roster, why oh why would you think he was going to be anything else but camp fodder on this roster. Have you looked at the cats that get us pressure? I have and a certain 6 year DE can't hold their jock straps.

As to Audie, so if he is never going to mature or progress at the position he was drafted at (MLB) why is he still getting paid? Because the Wilfs are nice people?

It couldn't be that he might eventually turn into being a starter. If that isn't the case, hell, all the players drafted after round (X) need to just go home as they have no future in the league.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    I think you underestimate Cole. He has a similar skillset to Brinkley, and no one minded Brinkley starting last year. I like Cole a little more than Brinkley because I think you don't lose that much in the run game and you get much more in the passing game. Cole is way more instinctive in the passing game than Brinkley ever will be, give the guy a chance, he can't do any worse than Brinkley.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast