Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 107
  1. #21
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: Vikings Could Get In On Lelie

    I dont think Lelie is a BIG TIME WR, and nore do I think he is the second coming of Moss.But for a third round pick, he is worth it.A third round pick could get us a unproven college WR next year.Or a WR who I beleive can be a great fit on this, plus is expreienced.I wont be surprised if we do go out and get him, after all we got Dwight Smith...and that left alot of people scratching thier head.But Childress and Tomlin's genuis showed when Tank went down.

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  2. #22
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Vikings Could Get In On Lelie

    :.
    Lelie.
    Why do people think he's a hero?
    He's a head-case that thinks he's a #1.
    He's not worth the coin that he wants.
    He's holding out in Denver because he's afraid to compete with a kodger, Rod Smith?
    Come on now, does that sound like a winner?
    Back on July 6 Rod Smith offered some advice to Lelie he skipped minicamp, "The advice I'm going to give is that I'm going to kick his a-- because he hasn't called me back," Smith said. "That's the advice I'm going to give; so when I see him, I'm going to smack him. He's in town; I called him and we were supposed to have lunch, and it wasn't about football. I just wanted to see how he was doing, and for some reason, we didn't connect. I really wanted to just talk to him and see how he's doing, not from a football standpoint, but (because) I care about him as a person." (KFFL).



    Now, I wonder if Lelie is a character guy.
    I also wonder if he should be treated like a hero because he played well in Hawaii and had one good fantasy-type year during his injury ridden career in the NFL.
    I'll give him the YAC kudos, but does this warrant a first ballot trip to Canton?
    In his miind it appears it does.
    He has a reputation of not being physical and he also has a MeMoesque quality regarding injuries.
    At least his asking price has dropped to a third rounder.
    How much coin does he want in guaranteed if he was signed?

    I would love to see him on the team if the Vikings can pull off a deal that is palatable and doesn't hurt the team financially...only if he gets his head on straight.
    He would be 1 of 53 people on the roster, not #1 of the 53 people on the roster like he appears to fantasize about.





  3. #23
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Vikings Could Get In On Lelie

    "vike_mike" wrote:
    The fact is Lelie would be the best receiver here and you all know it.
    A 3rd round pick sounds alright to me.
    He wouldn't have to be worried about being the #1 WR because he would be it.
    Since we are playing #'s how do his stats stack up against Robinson and T. Taylor's?
    I bet his stats are better than both.
    Hardly.

    Especially considering both players came from systems with horrible QB's. He has one year of solid stats and he is great.

    Guess what Marcus Robinson had 1400 Yards recieveing in 1999 OMG WTF HE IS AMAZING. Sad thing is he catches more TD's now then Lelie does and he is OLD! OH NO HE IS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Seriously this is damn near humorous that this happens every year. In 2004 Lelie made someones fantasy team good, so you heard his name on ESPN. Now that the sky is falling WE NEED HIM. He is better then what we have. Bullshit.

    Bullshit indeed. Your trying to tell me a guy with one good year, who has missed training camp this season, who has never played in our system who barely has better statistics then who we have is better then our WR's that have been here everyday playing with Brad Johnson? Who have been conditioning, who have been reading the playbook, who have been a part of the team chemistry.

    Horse shit. Flat out Horse shit.

  4. #24
    ViKing24's Avatar
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: Vikings Could Get In On Lelie

    he does have better statistics and plus 1999 was awhile ago. The future is now we need to get this guy atleast he is consistent. robinson usually has only like 1 good game a season and Taylor cannot stretch the field. Thats why you bring in a tall speedy guy like lelie to do that for you. Member when we had moss around he could easily do that having multiple guys gaurding him. Which leaves other receivers wide open. Thats why Carter and Moss did so well. Troy Williamson can also do the same thing but he hasn't proven his worth yet so far.


    Formerly Viking24

  5. #25
    NYVikingFan's Avatar
    NYVikingFan is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    55

    Re: Vikings Could Get In On Lelie

    "Del" wrote:
    "NYVikingFan" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I don't think he is any better then our recievers now.

    I think people wish he was, in the end however I don't think it would be an improvement at all.

    Stats don't Lie.
    Randy Moss' best year vs. Ashley Lelie's best year

    2003 Minnesota Vikings Randy Moss
    G
    GS No Yards
    Avg
    Lg
    TD 20+ 40+ FD
    16
    16 111 1632 14.77 21
    7
    27

    6

    76
    2004 Denver Broncos Ashley Lelie
    16
    16
    54
    1084 20.1
    58
    7

    21
    5


    40

    Del I disagree with your statement.
    He is better than all our receivers.
    I will take Lelie anyday.
    Half the amount of catches as Moss, but with great #'s.
    And who was our last WR that produced 1000 yards?

    LMAO!!!

    Wow one good year? AWESOME SIGN ME UP!!!

    That sounds prooven to me, one good year that wasn't even last year. He is definately not better then all our recievers. I respect your opinion but I am not buying it. Moss did that gol 'darnit near every year. So the comparison is horrible.

    He has gol 'darnit near 600 yards less as well, half the catches. Your reaching brother I hope you stretched before that one.
    By no means was I trying to compare Lelie to Moss.
    You still have not proven to me that our current receivers are better than Lelie.
    Lets see somehing concrete

  6. #26
    ViKing24's Avatar
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: Vikings Could Get In On Lelie

    yah please don't put words in people mouths


    Formerly Viking24

  7. #27
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Vikings Could Get In On Lelie

    Personally, I'd love to see anyone in a purple jersey catch for 1000 yards. Also, if we take him, then he can't burn us if the Bears do...
    :-
    -Sno

  8. #28
    ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    444

    Re: Vikings Could Get In On Lelie

    Nothing concrete, but as a frequent spectator of the Broncos, I can say that Lelie is a disappointment. It may be selective memory, but I remember Lelie blowing more routes and missing clutch catches than making them. He may be fast, but he's not reliable. In a way, he reminds me of Michael Bennet.

  9. #29
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Vikings Could Get In On Lelie

    "ViKing24" wrote:
    yah please don't put words in people mouths
    "Stats don't Lie.
    Randy Moss' best year vs. Ashley Lelie's best year"

    That's not a comparison? LMFAO where did you guys go to school?

  10. #30
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Vikings Could Get In On Lelie

    "ColoradoVike" wrote:
    Nothing concrete, but as a frequent spectator of the Broncos, I can say that Lelie is a disappointment. It may be selective memory, but I remember Lelie blowing more routes and missing clutch catches than making them. He may be fast, but he's not reliable. In a way, he reminds me of Michael Bennet.
    Yeah he is not that great. Try telling that to the fanbois around here.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Should Just Say No to Ashlie Lelie
    By SuperVikes07 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 01:39 PM
  2. Vikings expected to pursue Daniel Graham and Ashley Lelie
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 11:36 AM
  3. MERGED: Vikings eyeing Graham? (or Lelie?)
    By Ltrey33 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 05:21 PM
  4. Re: Lelie on the Block?
    By Benet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 11:00 PM
  5. Going after Lelie
    By vike_mike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 09:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •