Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Could Get In On Lelie

"magicci" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    On a side note

We traded our 3rd rounder to move up and get Tarvaris. SO if you had done the deal last year you would have gotten a whopping 1TD 400 yard WR and possibly missed out on the messiah.

If the messiah comes out strong next year Lelie could break out of his mold.
    We're talking about the god gol 'darnit messiah here.
    Have some faith.

[img width=400 height=360]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/GDAVIKES84/untitled-1.jpg[/img]
    lol but why is moss in the pic
    It's actually Lelie transforming himself into a Moss-like image (with the messiah's help of course).
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

"audioghost" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    Yeah, well Ben Leber was "garbage" too and look how that turned out.

The team NEEDS to do something to improve the WR corps immediately...something a rookie won't likely do...and something no other WR short of Stallworth would do either...

I'd give the guy a chance....maybe he's another Burleson or maybe not...
    I don't know who ever said he was garbage I know it wasn't me. He is what he is and for our team that happened to be an improvement. We on the other hand have a bunch of #3 WR's we don't need a new one.

Well who do you suggest we get to improve this position Del? Be realistic too...none of this trade a 1st round pick and Smoot to blah blah blah for Moss or Holt or something...like, maybe something that might actually happen...

Stallworth is a free agent...would be nice to get him....Horn is old, wouldn't be much of an "investment" unless we got a rookie that he could tutor or whatever....
    Why do I have to suggest someone who would improve the situation? That has no impact on this guy and his track record.

I don't have to prove anything and me throwing out other peoples names wont further the discussion on Ashlee.

And I never said you called Tarvaris the messiah. To a lot of people he was fun to watch, a lot of people looked forward to seeing him play. Had we traded for Ash they would not of had that experience and I believe you would have seen about the same super impressive impact from Ash.

Who cares if Horn is old lol, I would rather have old and improvement then young and horse shit......what good does a young guy do for your team if he sucks? You get to watch him suck some more, or get bounced around the NFL like Ashlee?

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Horn would be a great addition even tho hes old.The guy has always been a number 1 WR.I'm 100% positive hes better then every WR on our team as well.After this draft we'll probably have more younger wide recievers.Horn would be PERFECT to lead and coach them.

The only potential downside to Horn is his price, and health concerns.

To me Lelie is nothing more then a average WR.He'll never be better then that.This team is filled with average WR's.We need to start acquiring guys who will make an impact, not blend in to our bland unit.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

dneil44 is offline Waterboy

I wouldn't waste a perfectly good third round pick on him. What we need is a possession WR not another speed one. I think we should get rid of Williamson while we still can, I have no clue why they drafted him in the first place ecspecially with the #7 pick. Who we need is Calvin Johnson!!!!!!!!!

ec179299 is offline Rookie

I think Lelie opted out of his contract to play Arena ball this summer.
    Because he sure as hell is NOT a # 1 or # 2 receiver in the NFL.
    They are happy in ATL because he opted out...not happy that they wasted a 3rd rounder on his non-catching ass.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"audioghost" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    On a side note

We traded our 3rd rounder to move up and get Tarvaris. SO if you had done the deal last year you would have gotten a whopping 1TD 400 yard WR and possibly missed out on the messiah.
    Wouldnt have mattered if they didnt get Jackson anyway...Childress didnt play him...we would have had a #7 pick to get someone like JaMarcus Russell this year anyway...

The messiah? I never said that...I just pushed for him because Brad Johnson was sucking jockstraps and losing games, making horrible mistakes and not doing his job....
    That goodness TJack gave us something to look forward to.

ec179299 is offline Rookie

"dneil44" wrote:
    I wouldn't waste a perfectly good third round pick on him. What we need is a possession WR not another speed one. I think we should get rid of Williamson while we still can, I have no clue why they drafted him in the first place ecspecially with the #7 pick. Who we need is Calvin Johnson!!!!!!!!!
    The only way Johnson is a Viking is if we draft him....at # 7.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011