singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings could feature Webb, not Ponder, against Bears

Vikings could feature Webb, not Ponder, against Bears

Don't be surprised if you see the Vikings unveil a Joe Webb package Sunday night against the Bears. Webb, not rookie Christian Ponder, will be the next quarterback in the game for the Vikings.

NFL.com news: Vikings could feature Webb, not Ponder, against Bears

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mrhurriicane is offline Waterboy
    "Joe Webb appeared in eight games for the Vikings in 2009 and 2010, but has not seen the field this season."
    Not sure how Webb played for us when he was in College. And we've seen him on the field at least twice this year. NFL.com isn't much of a credible source anymore. Every article features either TMZ-esque material or false statistics.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    If they are going to try Webb in a wildcat again, they should let him pass the first play to keep the defense honest. Right now they just play it knowing Webb is most likely to run first, hand it off second, and to pass last.

If they just run,the odds of success go down.

Maybe fake the handoff to Peterson to freeze Ehrlacher and throw down the middle to Rudolph.

Could put Webb at wideout and fake an end around with a bomb to Aromashado, ala Sydney Rice.

Then they have to defend both pass and run when Webb is in the game.

Right now Webb is a weapon Musgrave has sitting on the shelf. He could help even if he isn't the starter.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    If we see Webb for extended action, it probably means we are losing.
    That or McNabb skipped one off the turf right into Leslies nutsack and he gets so p!ssed he pulls the worminator.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    If we see Webb for extended action, it probably means we are losing.
    That or McNabb skipped one off the turf right into Leslies nutsack and he gets so p!ssed he pulls the worminator.
    Now that was a funny mental picture pal.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

It's funny that McOnehopper is still clowning around on the sidelines. He was yanked last year and had to swallow his pride, and now is looking down the same barrel and he doesn't seem to take it any more seriously. (Mechanics...what mechanics)

When he gets replaced by Webb or Ponder, it won't be too funny for him then I wouldn't think.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    HaHa!! Two good laughs in a row! "Worminator" and "McOneHoper!!?!"

D'oh! Wait...thats our QB we're laughing at!?? D'oh!!! -

I think Webb is a weapon that needs to be used. He's too fast not to, and we need somebody who can get deep and/or something to keep defenses guessing which down we're not running Peterson on!

I think you get him moving by calling roll-outs, hope somebody gets open deep with the options to drop it off short to AP, or run it himself if thats the way it opens up.

Starting him with a pass is a great idea. Specially if they're cramming the box and running that zone blitz...A quick release slant or possibly screen might catch them off guard!?

SKOL VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET'S WIN THIS GAME!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Gift is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    It's funny that McOnehopper is still clowning around on the sidelines. He was yanked last year and had to swallow his pride, and now is looking down the same barrel and he doesn't seem to take it any more seriously. (Mechanics...what mechanics)

When he gets replaced by Webb or Ponder, it won't be too funny for him then I wouldn't think.
    What a silly thing to judge a person on, why shouldn't he stay positive? Would you be happier with his on the field performance if he looked grumpy on the sideline? Give me a break with that...
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Ponder it. Do we really think we are going to put together a playoff run?

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    What a silly thing to judge a person on, why shouldn't he stay positive? Would you be happier with his on the field performance if he looked grumpy on the sideline? Give me a break with that...
    There is no on the field performance. That's my point. You don't see Manning or Brady clowning around on the sidelines when they are 0-4 and losing. Why...because they are winners and it pisses them off to be in that position, especially if it's caused by their own bad play.

Losers play grab ass on the sidelines if they're playing poorly. Winners play grab ass on the field and get it done. There's your 'break with that'...