singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings - Contract talk

[size=13pt]Contract talk[/size]

Friday, July 6th, 2007
    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

ESPN’s Len Pasquarelli has an item in his Tip Sheet — it’s a good read but part of a subscription deal — that “there is still nearly $315 million in aggregate salary-cap room in the NFL, and even if every team spends its maximum rookie pool allocation the league can’t possibly use up all that cap room.”

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings - Contract talk

Interesting piece Singer. It looks like the Vikes are well on their way to signing extensions for all their top players and still have enough left over to pick up a FQA if needed.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Interesting piece Singer. It looks like the Vikes are well on their way to signing extensions for all their top players and still have enough left over to pick up a FQA if needed.
    That's why I think it's important to lock up the rookies & sign the vets to contract exrensions that you plan to as early as possible & not wait until opening day of training camp to do so.

That way you know how much you have to work with and can go after good veteran players that end up getting cut by other teams, as they scramble to get under the cap with their rookie signings.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I like that they have been proactive in terms of contracts with veterans. It's nice to see that we have very few fears in that regard.

Good catch that the two they could focus on during TC after the rookie signings is Pat Williams and Matt Birk.

As a bonus note to this blog article it's interesting that he does not believe that they will bring in Moulds and (more importantly) Holcomb

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

i guess it's not too surprising cuz the vikes could have went in many directions to fill those holes if they wanted to(wr and qb).
    they had the money but felt comfortable with the moves they made.
    now that you have all these young wr's, veterans such as mcmullen, wade, and williamson suffice i guess.
    and childress has not seemed to wain at all when it comes to these qb's.
    i like his confidence alot, i just hope he's right.

if we can lock up some of our vets, along with the other corp guys we've already locked up and then go into next season with some money and the draft we can build like a dynasty.
    the problem is alot of things have to be answered this year, with childress, tjack, wr's, pass defense. if we show any semblance of putting it together we are gonna be scary as phuck.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE