Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75
  1. #11
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Vikings: Contender or Pretender for 2009?

    Truthfully, I didn't disagree much with his offensive assessment.


    Caine

  2. #12
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Vikings: Contender or Pretender for 2009?

    Damn what a bullshit artist LOL

  3. #13
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings: Contender or Pretender for 2009?

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Wow... I actually thought he might have some interesting, non-partisan insight... and then he said this:

    Special Teams

    The Vikings' special teams really needs no introduction.
    They have had one of the strongest special teams units the league has had to offer over the last couple of years.
    Chris Kluwe is arguably the top punter in the NFC, and Rian Longwell is virtually automatic at kicker.
    and lost all credibility...

    He may have some opinions, but he has no real insight and quite obviously very little working knowledge of the team.
    I think he was commenting more on the kicker and punter and not talking about the unit as a whole.

  4. #14
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings: Contender or Pretender for 2009?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "renovikesfan" wrote:


    Would you all rather he was bashing on the Vikes?
    Who cares if they bash or praise, as long as it is credible....
    His opinion is as credible as yours....

  5. #15
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings: Contender or Pretender for 2009?

    I thought is was a great opinion. I would love to see Nicks and Wood here. He can play guard very well in addition to center. He would provide the depth we are looking for.

  6. #16
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Vikings: Contender or Pretender for 2009?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Wow... I actually thought he might have some interesting, non-partisan insight... and then he said this:

    Special Teams

    The Vikings' special teams really needs no introduction.
    They have had one of the strongest special teams units the league has had to offer over the last couple of years.
    Chris Kluwe is arguably the top punter in the NFC, and Rian Longwell is virtually automatic at kicker.
    and lost all credibility...

    He may have some opinions, but he has no real insight and quite obviously very little working knowledge of the team.
    I think he was commenting more on the kicker and punter and not talking about the unit as a whole.
    Maybe Longwell, and Kluwe can kick a touchdown. :-

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Vikings: Contender or Pretender for 2009?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "renovikesfan" wrote:


    Would you all rather he was bashing on the Vikes?
    Who cares if they bash or praise, as long as it is credible....
    His opinion is as credible as yours....
    How true.
    Problem is, I know my opinion isn't credible.
    I wonder about him?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings: Contender or Pretender for 2009?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "renovikesfan" wrote:


    Would you all rather he was bashing on the Vikes?
    Who cares if they bash or praise, as long as it is credible....
    His opinion is as credible as yours....
    How true.
    Problem is, I know my opinion isn't credible.
    I wonder about him?
    Since when?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Vikings: Contender or Pretender for 2009?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "renovikesfan" wrote:


    Would you all rather he was bashing on the Vikes?
    Who cares if they bash or praise, as long as it is credible....
    His opinion is as credible as yours....
    How true.
    Problem is, I know my opinion isn't credible.
    I wonder about him?
    Since when?

    =Z=
    Just because I can be convincing at times doesn't change my opinion of myself.
    I am still just a yutz with a keyboard and access to the internet.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings: Contender or Pretender for 2009?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=renovikesfan link=topic=51162.msg927697#msg927697 date=1238179136]


    Would you all rather he was bashing on the Vikes?
    Who cares if they bash or praise, as long as it is credible....
    His opinion is as credible as yours....
    How true.
    Problem is, I know my opinion isn't credible.
    I wonder about him?
    Since when?
    Just because I can be convincing at times doesn't change my opinion of myself.

    I am still just a yutz with a keyboard and access to the internet.

    ;D
    [/quote]

    That should be your new signature.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is your team a contender or pretender?
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 05:15 AM
  2. Contender
    By PhillyVikes in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 07:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •