Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings confirm WR Rice sustained concussion

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1086766
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086754
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1086347
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086318
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1086310
    Cue Rosenwhore getting his client pulled from the game this week least he suffer any further injuries which affect his [strike]long term health[/strike] earning potential
    Bingo........Another poster with a clue.

Asante stayed down, Rice got up. Asante eventually got back into the game, Rice, well, he quickly put his little jacket on.

I'm so over this cat. Starting to look at WR's that will be available in the draft today after this.

Now that I think about it. If we have a young QB (Webb/Rookie) we probably want to have some experience at the WR position. Percy is probably sufficient in the slot but we don't have a big go to guy like Rice.

I wonder what Vincent Jacksons status is?
    I can understand what you are trying to say here but the fact is it takes a medical professional to declare whether or not someone has a concussion. This isn't something his agent can just come up with.

Rice sustained a concussion. Per LEAGUE rules he has to be evaluated and cleared to play next week. If, in fact, he is not cleared Rice won't play regardless of what he or his agent says. In the event he is cleared and the Vikings keep him out then you can try to pass this off as true.
    I hear ya and agree, but if you go back and watch the hit, Asante was out. Rice jumped up and was on the sideline with his helmet off talking to teamates.

One would think, based on those to indicators, that Asante wouldn't have come back out onto the field and Rice would have.

Again, I might have just a bit of a axe to grind with this kid, but I think I am allowed, seeings how I have been one of his biggest supporters on this site.
    At initial glance, yes. However head injuries are funny like that. Some are felt immediately more than others. Then others take a while to have the affect.
    Probably why it took so long to figure out he needed hip surgery. Took a while for the ouchie to get recognized by his kaaaanoggin.

JK, my friend. In the end, I'm done with this kid. Off with his ass, spend the money you would on him and get Jackson. Someone bigger, better and HEALTHIER.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086910
    Cue Rosenwhore getting his client pulled from the game this week least he suffer any further injuries which affect his [strike]long term health[/strike] earning potential

Asante stayed down, Rice got up. Asante eventually got back into the game, Rice, well, he quickly put his little jacket on.

I'm so over this cat. Starting to look at WR's that will be available in the draft today after this.

Now that I think about it. If we have a young QB (Webb/Rookie) we probably want to have some experience at the WR position. Percy is probably sufficient in the slot but we don't have a big go to guy like Rice.

I can understand what you are trying to say here but the fact is it takes a medical professional to declare whether or not someone has a concussion. This isn't something his agent can just come up with.

Rice sustained a concussion. Per LEAGUE rules he has to be evaluated and cleared to play next week. If, in fact, he is not cleared Rice won't play regardless of what he or his agent says. In the event he is cleared and the Vikings keep him out then you can try to pass this off as true.
    I hear ya and agree, but if you go back and watch the hit, Asante was out. Rice jumped up and was on the sideline with his helmet off talking to teamates.

One would think, based on those to indicators, that Asante wouldn't have come back out onto the field and Rice would have.

Again, I might have just a bit of a axe to grind with this kid, but I think I am allowed, seeings how I have been one of his biggest supporters on this site.
    At initial glance, yes. However head injuries are funny like that. Some are felt immediately more than others. Then others take a while to have the affect.
    Probably why it took so long to figure out he needed hip surgery. Took a while for the ouchie to get recognized by his kaaaanoggin.

JK, my friend. In the end, I'm done with this kid. Off with his ass, spend the money you would on him and get Jackson. Someone bigger, better and HEALTHIER.
    I still think Rice would be an important enough part of our offense to keep him. Possibly even throw the franchise tag on him. I do agree he has been a bit fragile. Don't know if I believe the hip happened in the NFCCG.We have enough needs in the upcoming draft/free agent season that I don't think we want to add a receiver to the needs list when we have a pretty good one here already. I dislike Rosenwhore also, but not enough to just let Rice go. We can keep him for another year or two and address that position after the other needs are already addressed.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1086918

I still think Rice would be an important enough part of our offense to keep him. Possibly even throw the franchise tag on him. I do agree he has been a bit fragile. Don't know if I believe the hip happened in the NFCCG.We have enough needs in the upcoming draft/free agent season that I don't think we want to add a receiver to the needs list when we have a pretty good one here already. I dislike Rosenwhore also, but not enough to just let Rice go. We can keep him for another year or two and address that position after the other needs are already addressed.
    I hear ya, however, he is a free agent so reciever is a need IMHO.

Again, money has to be spent on one either by signing a FA (that includes Rice) or by bringing in a rookie (Cheaper route).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086920

Again, money has to be spent on one either by signing a FA (that includes Rice) or by bringing in a rookie (Cheaper route).
    Well it's not my money so it's easy to spend.:laugh: But I still think other needs are more important to address when we already have someone with the team that could fill that spot for now. Every year prior to the draft I clamor for an offensive lineman leading up to the draft, until the day of the draft when I get sucked into the belief that one of the available QB's could be our Franchise stud. Wish that wouldn't happen to me. Prior draft days I fell victim to Leinart, Quinn and others. This year it will be different. I am sticking with the "we need offensive lineman" belief throught the first and maybe second round of the draft. Unfortunately, it does not look like a good year for Lineman.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086920

I've had 8 concussions. It is not illogical that Samuel continued to play and Rice sustained a concussion, based on my personal experience, and, further research into them. Concussions are sustained based on a myriad of factors and are not to be fucked with. I hold nothing against Rice, nor am I impressed that Samuel continued to play.

Regarding Vincent Jackson...I'm mixed. I'm not sure if I see his approach boxing with Frazier's "Team 1st" approach. I like him though, and could see him in Viking Purple, just a little bit of a red flag with the DUI's and the whole contract clusterfuck...he doesn't seem to make very good decisions.

I understand Rice is dead to you...perhaps I just haven't dug enough, but I can't even find what specific type of hip surgery Rice had. And, what benefit, if any, there was in delaying, trying to "rehab." If it was "cleaning out" bone spurs, rehab don't do shit. I've had my left hip replaced and am overdue to have my right hip replaced. I can tell you that hip surgery is a daunting reality...and, again, based on experience, mui painful. If anything, I would call him a wussie for delaying, but, I just don't know all of the facts behind his particular situation. If his delaying the surgery really had no benefit, then, I've got to question his decisions as well.

What I can say is that last year, with good QB play, Rice was awesome. I would take that player over Jackson... That said, I also know, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123