Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings confirm WR Rice sustained concussion

Vikings confirm WR Rice sustained concussion vs. Eagles

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d4afd2/article/vikings-confirm-wr-rice-sustained-concussion-vs-eagles

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings confirm WR Rice sustained concussion

Cue Rosenwhore getting his client pulled from the game this week least he suffer any further injuries which affect his [strike]long term health[/strike] earning potential
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1086310
    Cue Rosenwhore getting his client pulled from the game this week least he suffer any further injuries which affect his [strike]long term health[/strike] earning potential
    Bingo........Another poster with a clue.

Asante stayed down, Rice got up. Asante eventually got back into the game, Rice, well, he quickly put his little jacket on.

I'm so over this cat. Starting to look at WR's that will be available in the draft today after this.

Now that I think about it. If we have a young QB (Webb/Rookie) we probably want to have some experience at the WR position. Percy is probably sufficient in the slot but we don't have a big go to guy like Rice.

I wonder what Vincent Jacksons status is?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086318

Asante stayed down, Rice got up. Asante eventually got back into the game, Rice, well, he quickly put his little jacket on.

I'm so over this cat. Starting to look at WR's that will be available in the draft today after this.

Now that I think about it. If we have a young QB (Webb/Rookie) we probably want to have some experience at the WR position. Percy is probably sufficient in the slot but we don't have a big go to guy like Rice.

I gotta dis agree with you Marr. None of us really know what happened. Head injuries aren't always apparent. I hit my head in a car accident a few years ago, felt find a that time but awful a few hours later.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1086323

I gotta dis agree with you Marr. None of us really know what happened. Head injuries aren't always apparent. I hit my head in a car accident a few years ago, felt find a that time but awful a few hours later.
    no you're right in that head injuries are hard to diagnose but I just don't trust Rice's agent when it comes to things like this. Rice can't add anymore to his CV by playing against the Lions but, like any player, there's always a potential for injury. Rosenwhore will be looking for a huuuge payday for his client and, now that our season is done, he won't want to take any chances on that little payday.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

I hear ya Kev, but you know me. Once I've come up with an attitude on a guy its hard to get me off of it.

I'm 100% convinced Rice (not gonna use El Syd anymore) scheduled his surgery to minimize how many games he had to play so as not to risk further injury because the Vikings didn't give him a long term deal.

Now I see this. Truth of the matter is, I can name several players right now that are on the team that I blame for the shitty season we had. Watch my posts over the offseason. It won't be hard to figure out who they are.

Right or wrong, he's on my shit list and won't ever get off of it, even if he stays a Viking and becomes a HOF'r.

Remember, what CC did and how I feel about that cat.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086332

I hear ya Kev, but you know me. Once I've come up with an attitude on a guy its hard to get me off of it.

I'm 100% convinced Rice (not gonna use El Syd anymore) scheduled his surgery to minimize how many games he had to play so as not to risk further injury because the Vikings didn't give him a long term deal.

Now I see this. Truth of the matter is, I can name several players right now that are on the team that I blame for the shitty season we had. Watch my posts over the offseason. It won't be hard to figure out who they are.

Right or wrong, he's on my shit list and won't ever get off of it, even if he stays a Viking and becomes a HOF'r.

Remember, what CC did and how I feel about that cat.
    :S

Turner, acknowledging Jackson missed most of the season through holdout and suspension, said: I think Vincent Jackson is a lot better player than he was a year ago.
    Time for Bolts to do something positive: Sign V.J.

6'5", 230 pounds, 6 year Vet. 2007 he had his lowest yards per catch average of 15.2. He had a career-high in receptions (68), yards (1,167) and touchdowns (nine) in 2009.

Normally I would balk at signing a cat like this to a big contract, mostly cause of the DUI stuff, but the success the team has had with JA makes me almost ignore that.

They are going to have to commit money in this area to someone. Why not someone like Jackson instead of Rice?

I think the risk between the two is DUI (Jackson) vs Health (Rice). Structure Jacksons contract like you did JA's and let Rice go.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086334
    Turner, acknowledging Jackson missed most of the season through holdout and suspension, said: I think Vincent Jackson is a lot better player than he was a year ago.
    Time for Bolts to do something positive: Sign V.J.

6'5", 230 pounds, 6 year Vet. 2007 he had his lowest yards per catch average of 15.2. He had a career-high in receptions (68), yards (1,167) and touchdowns (nine) in 2009.

Normally I would balk at signing a cat like this to a big contract, mostly cause of the DUI stuff, but the success the team has had with JA makes me almost ignore that.

They are going to have to commit money in this area to someone. Why not someone like Jackson instead of Rice?

I think the risk between the two is DUI (Jackson) vs Health (Rice). Structure Jacksons contract like you did JA's and let Rice go.
    Why not both?
    Cut BB, Sign Jackson and give Rice a similar contact to BB's( which was quite lucrative). We should have apple wiggle room with almost 30 million off the books(Farve + Phat Pat). LBs salaries are cheap compared to other position. So a top flight LB like Greenway should be had for 4-5 million a season.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I can understand what you are trying to say here but the fact is it takes a medical professional to declare whether or not someone has a concussion. This isn't something his agent can just come up with.

Rice sustained a concussion. Per LEAGUE rules he has to be evaluated and cleared to play next week. If, in fact, he is not cleared Rice won't play regardless of what he or his agent says. In the event he is cleared and the Vikings keep him out then you can try to pass this off as true.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast