Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings confident in their other receivers

There's no way Childress will ever bring in Freddie Mitchell - he was run out of Philly where Childress was coach.

I would only bring someone in if it was Branch or maybe Porter, because those are the only two that can really be #1 receivers. All the others would just put another body at a position where we already have lots.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    [size=14pt]Vikings confident in their other receivers[/size]
    BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Among the available free agents are Az-Zahir Hakim, Kevin Johnson, Nate Poole, Chris Doering and Freddie Mitchell.
    I think I can speak for most Vikings fans when I say that I never want to see this guy in a Vikings uniform. That's an irony that I'm just not prepared to accept.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Would Charles Rogers be worth a second day pick?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Among the available free agents are Az-Zahir Hakim, Kevin Johnson, Nate Poole, Chris Doering and Freddie Mitchell.
    I think I can speak for most Vikings fans when I say that I never want to see this guy in a Vikings uniform. That's an irony that I'm just not prepared to accept.
    I think you can add Freddie Mitchell to that list as well.

What is the deal with Poole? I don't know anything about him....

Prophet Guest

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Would Charles Rogers be worth a second day pick?
    No.
    See below.

===============

Lions | C. Rogers misses practice Wednesday - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:39:34 -0700

Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) missed practice Wednesday, Aug. 16.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lions | C. Rogers expected to play Friday - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:00:57 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of mlive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) is expected to play in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 18, despite missing all or part of practice Tuesday, Aug. 15.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lions | C. Rogers sits out practice Tuesday - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:23:53 -0700

The Associated Press reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) sat out both practice sessions Tuesday, Aug. 15, with a sore knee.

Lions | Rogers quiet in preseason opener - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:18:50 -0700

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers was held to one reception for seven yards during the team's preseason opener Friday, Aug. 11.

Lions | C. Rogers should see plenty of time in the preseason - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:45:39 -0700

Associated Press reports Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said WR Charles Rogers will get a good look in the team's preseason opener Friday, Aug. 11. Rogers is buried on the depth chart and is competing for a role - possibly even a roster spot.

Lions | Rogers dropped to third-string wide receiver - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 9 Aug 2006 00:50:54 -0700

George Sipple, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers has been dropped to a third-string wide receiver in the team's first depth chart headed into the preseason opener Friday, Aug. 11.

Lions | Rogers banged up during scrimmage - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 5 Aug 2006 18:36:51 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (undisclosed) got a little banged up during the team's scrimmage Saturday, Aug. 5, but should be fine.

Lions | C. Rogers gets time with No. 1 offense - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 4 Aug 2006 19:11:11 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers shared time with the No. 1 offense with WR Glenn Martinez Friday, Aug. 4.

Lions | Marinelli says not to read anything into Rogers sitting out practice Wednesday - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 3 Aug 2006 14:27:52 -0700

The Detroit Free Press reports Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said not to read anything into the fact WR Charles Rogers did not participate in practice Wednesday, Aug. 2. "Don't read more into it than there is," Marinelli said. "Just getting the guys work. Just trying to work each person and get as much work as we can." He also added, though, that every opportunity in camp is earned and not given. "Earn your spots. Earn your reps. Every day. Earn it," he said. "That's the thing, as a staff, we're trying to do. Earn everything you get, every rep you get. If you like those reps, keep working. You may get them some more. That's the message we're sending." Rogers, who is entering his fourth season with the team, missed most of his first two seasons with collarbone injuries, and then was suspended four games last season for substance abuse. He also sat out three other games in 2005.

Lions | Rogers doesn't get on the field Wednesday - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 2 Aug 2006 23:23:50 -0700

Steve Pate, of The Daily Oakland Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers did not see the field Wednesday, Aug. 2, as the team did 15-minute walkthrough. Rogers stood on the sideline and watched the other receivers. Rogers said no one alerted him of a possible demotion.

Lions | Marinelli not making assumptions on Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:00:43 -0700

Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said he is not making an assumption about WR Charles Rogers being in jeopardy of not making the team: "I can't say that right now," said Marinelli. "We're still in our fifth day today or something like that. We're still just working and seeing and we've got a ways to go yet, so try not to make quick assumptions on anything because you can all of a sudden change your mind quickly." Marinelli added that Rogers is working hard and is prepared.

Lions | Rogers' practice time is not a worry - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:00:29 -0700

Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said there is nothing to read into the fact that WR Mike Williams took off his pads and was in almost every snap during practice Tuesday, Aug. 1, while WR Charles Rogers was not in any snaps during the Wednesday, Aug. 2, morning practice. "We're just getting the guys worked, trying to work each guy - each person, and get as much work as we can," said Marinelli.

Lions | Martz says not to read anything into wide receiver shuffle - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 30 Jul 2006 13:20:46 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz said not to read anything into the shuffling with the team's wide receivers. He added that the shuffling would continue for another three weeks until the coaches settle on the depth chart. WR Charles Rogers worked with the third team and WR Mike Williams worked with the second team Sunday, July 30.

Lions | Williams and Rogers share role with No. 1 offense - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 29 Jul 2006 21:32:08 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers and WR Mike Williams took turns working with the No. 1 offense during the morning practice Saturday, July 29.

Lions | Kitna claims Rogers has been the most improved receiver - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 29 Jul 2006 01:25:51 -0700

MLive.com reports Detroit Lions QB Jon Kitna claims WR Charles Rogers has been the team's most improved wide receiver during the offseason period. Kitna said, "I've said many times, he's been our most improved receiver throughout the spring. He was playing at a high level the last four to five weeks (in the off-season). Every day he was doing something that caught your eye on film. I think the expectation, as it is for our team and then for him individually, has been raised to a point to where now we know what he can do and it's expected of him every day. He's stepped up to that challenge." Rogers feels the team will give him a chance to start and he is looking to replace WR Corey Bradford as one of the team's starters. Rogers has been moved up to the No. 2 offense after working with the No. 3 offense in the last minicamp.

Lions | Rogers claims he's grown up - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:31:58 -0700

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers claims he's grown up and has learned to take responsibility for his actions. He said he felt better about his situation with the team and his physical condition than he had in a long time. Rogers reported at 195 pounds, down from the 210 pounds he was at in 2005. Rogers added, "You only can do what you're told to do. But right now, I feel good. I think my speed is there, and I'm ready to make some plays."

Lions | Millen insists the team could cut Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:20:25 -0700

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions president Matt Millen insists the team could cut WR Charles Rogers, regardless of his draft status, financial commitment or salary cap implications. Millen said, "I think we would be willing to cut anybody. I think we just have to be. There's realities of where we're at, but ... everybody has a chance to define what they are. Here we go." However, Millen praised Rogers' offseason work earlier and said he "made great strides." Millen added, "He was catching everything with his hands. He was running excellent routes. He was going full speed all the time."

Lions | Word on C. Rogers appears positive; others have been negative - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:00:11 -0700

Tom Kowalski, writing for the Sporting News, reports there is some word that Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers really turned it on during the final weeks of the offseason workouts and he could become a significant contributor. Talent-wise, Rogers is the best receiver on the team, but his mental approach has been lacking the last two years. If he's on his game, loaded with downfield speed and big-play ability, Rogers has a chance to blossom in offensive coordinator Mike Martz's offense. The early part of training camp should be very telling for Rogers.

Lions | Bly thinks team is ready to deliver in 2006 - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 7 Jul 2006 05:49:01 -0700

Rob Parker, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions CB Dre' Bly is tired of talking about what the Lions are going to do. In his first three years here, Bly was the optimist. He said everybody was wrong when many predicted that this club wouldn't win many games, let alone make it to the postseason. With training camp just a few weeks away, Bly has one last message for the masses: The Lions finally will deliver. He believes they finally have everything they need to win week in and week out. "I really feel we have the best coaching staff for what we have," Bly said. "Detroit really hasn't had an offensive weapon since Barry Sanders came here," Bly said. "And with Mike Martz coming here, I'm saying this, it might be the biggest addition offensively that we've had since Sanders." Bly believes Martz will be able to get the most out of the four young offensive players drafted the last three years: RB Kevin Jones and WRs Charles Rogers, Roy E. Williams and Mike Williams.

Lions | No problem with work ethic for WRs - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:26:27 -0700

Chrissie Zavicar, of DetroitLions.com, reports Detroit Lions wide receivers coach Kippy Brown said he has not found any problem with the work ethic of his players. "(WR Charles Rogers has) been working hard; when (WR) Mike (Williams) wasn't hurt, he was working hard," said Brown. "I (just) think change is difficult. Changes occur in this business, and when you have a changing coaching staff, getting used to different personalities and different fundamentals of what's expected of you is hard; it's hard to change old habits and I think that's what we're going to do right now is get used to each other and what's expected of each other."

Lions | Rogers realizing past mistakes - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 18 Jun 2006 12:07:15 -0700

Greg Mancina, of mlive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers attended a youth camp Saturday, June 17, and he fielded questions from the participants afterwards. A little boy up front, whose voice was barely above a whisper, asked Rogers about some of the mistakes he's made in his life. "I've made some bad choices," said Rogers, who last year was suspended four games from the NFL for violations of the league's substance-abuse policy. "I've learned, and now I want you to make some good choices." Rogers admitted he needed to cut down on his partying. "I just gotta smile," said Rogers, who worked with young pass-catchers in the south end zone.

Lions | Rogers working hard to be ready for 2006 - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 16 Jun 2006 05:29:03 -0700

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers is working hard to get ready for the 2006 season. Rogers recently bought a treadmill. The treadmill is an indication Rogers has recommitted himself to being a productive player. There have been hints of late from inside the Lions organization Rogers has improved his standing. "Charles is going to be fine," Mike Martz, the new offensive coordinator, said one day last week. "A lot of people could have quit and folded. It's not going to happen. I'm not going to quit, and I'm not going to fold," said Rogers. Rogers has his weight down to 202 pounds, about eight pounds lighter than last season. Rogers also knows this: It isn't what he says that will define his role with the Lions. Many people, including those close to the organization, thought he was finished as a Lion. "I just died and came back," Rogers said. "It's life after death. I went to hell and came back."

Lions | Rogers’ career heading where? - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 4 Jun 2006 18:18:05 -0700

Greg Johnson, of mlive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers said all the right things after the team's minicamp. "I'm here man, and it's time for football," he said. "I'm here, and one thing about it, I'm excited. You know, I think I'm going to get a fair opportunity, and that's all I need. I'm going to do the rest." Of the many questions surrounding this franchise with a new coaching staff and yet another new direction, the status of Rogers is among the most compelling. "My day's gonna come," Rogers said. "It's gonna come, and when it comes, it's gonna be beautiful." Rogers career, to this point, has not come close to matching the high expectations the team had for him. Rogers wants to forge ahead. He's thinking clean slate. He isn't dwelling on what happened to QB Joey Harrington, or what has happened to his career. "Charles has made a big, big jump here in the last four or five days," offensive coordinator Mike Martz said after the second day of mini-camp work this week. "I'm very pleased with his effort. It's hard for him because this is different. He's going to make some mistakes mentally and he doesn't know how to deal with that. But he'll learn. I think Charles will be fine." Rogers is currently working mostly with second and often third groups of receivers, and has made just a few spot appearances with what appears to be the first unit. For now, he isn't planning to walk into team president Matt Millen's office like Harrington and ask for a change of address.

Lions | C. Rogers working his way into shape - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:00:22 -0700

Chrissie Zavicar, of DetroitLions.com, reports the Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers is working to get himself in shape for the 2006 season. "Charles is starting to get in shape – he's doing a great job now of getting in and out of cuts," said offensive coordinator Mike Martz Thursday, June 1. "He couldn't put his foot on the ground and change direction early because he wasn't in very good shape." Rogers is probably the most-watched receiver out of their big three and there has been speculation that he is being ruled out of the Lions offense. But Martz is impressed with Rogers and is showing no signs of keeping him out of anything.

Lions | Wide receivers learning a new offense - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 1 Jun 2006 16:47:31 -0700

Chrissie Zavicar, of DetroitLions.com, reports the Detroit Lions wide receivers have to learn a new offense in 2006. WRs Charles Rogers, Roy E. Williams and Mike Williams have been under a microscope since they arrived, but all that seems to follow these three players is speculation on whether they are putting forth enough of an effort or whether they truly want to succeed in Detroit. When talking about his offense, and specifically his receivers Thursday, June 1, offensive coordinator Mike Martz had nothing but positive words with a look of excitement in his eye as though Detroit should be prepared for an outburst in 2006. "They're very athletic, it's a good crew and they're learning the work ethic and they're willing and that's the biggest thing that I see. They're willing; they're not fighting anybody. They're open and receptive and trying to run what you're doing and trying to work hard." While everyone wants to know how the Lions wide receivers are doing, it is still too early to see all they are truly capable of. The fact that they are still learning the offense and still trying to get their bodies into the condition Martz needs them to be leaves them performing at a lower level than the talent they possess.

Lions | Rogers works with third-team offense - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 31 May 2006 13:15:18 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of mLive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers worked with the third-team offense at wide receiver during the team's organized activity Wednesday, May 31.

Prophet Guest

Lions | Grievance filed against Rogers expected to be heard in June - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 24 May 2006 19:23:00 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports a grievance the Detroit Lions filed against WR Charles Rogers to try to reclaim nearly $10 million of his $14.4 million rookie bonus is expected to be heard next month. Rogers is expected to be with the team in training camp, no matter how it is resolved.

Lions | Marinelli discusses M. Williams and C. Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 17 May 2006 15:51:58 -0700

Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli was asked about his impression of Lions WRs Mike Williams and Charles Rogers and he replied: "Good - even just their day-to-day work. They're here sprinting down the field and trying to get to the spot they're supposed to get to. The biggest thing here is, again, its how much information you can give these men; how many tools can you give them so when they get to camp they have some tools in their toolbox to go to work. And that's what you're constantly giving them: information, the details of your position and the tempo we want to play at each and every day. And then start building habits of consistency and hope we can be able to take that into camp with us."

Lions | Rogers or Williams could be gone - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 12 May 2006 09:17:41 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of mLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions could part with either WR Charles Rogers or WR Mike Williams before the regular season.

Lions | Rogers could be featured wide receiver - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 6 May 2006 11:19:25 -0700

Rob Parker, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers could be given the chance to become the featured wide receiver for the team.

Lions | C. Rogers attitude still a question mark - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:53:07 -0700

Drew Sharp, of the Detroit Free Press, believes Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers has done nothing to suggest he wants to excel as a football player. After being suspended for four games during the 2005 season and poor work habits afterward, Rogers was asked if he had learned anything. He responded by saying he just wants to learn the team's new offensive system and play football. Rogers added, "It's not so much about trust as it is about believing. You've got to believe in me like I believe in you. It's more like that." He has met briefly with head coach Rod Marinelli and said, "We talked a little bit. I don't know about clean slates, man. All I can do is work and let them choose what they want to do."

Lions | Marinelli comments on C. Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:10:53 -0700

Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli was asked what he has seen from WR Charles Rogers, after minicamp ended Thursday, April 13. "Hard work - coming out and doing everything we're asking him to do. I mean (he's) working hard and he's got talent. And the offense, the system, is very demanding. The coaches over there are very demanding. It's precision - the willingness and learning it and doing it over and over."

Lions | Rogers wants to be in better shape - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:30:26 -0700

Larry Lage, of the Associated Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers has played at about 220 pounds in the NFL but said he wants to enter next season about 20 pounds lighter, with the sleeker body type he had at Michigan State. He said he also wants to shed the image that doubters have of him as a lackluster player in practice. "I just have to keep working hard to prove them wrong," Rogers said.

Lions | Marinelli comments about C. Rogers and M. Williams - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:27:13 -0700

Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli was asked about WRs Charles Rogers and Mike Williams and he replied: "They came in on time and ready to work all day. You watched them work today at a great pace and great tempo. That's where you start right there, those points. You just keep working to get these guys better."

Lions | Two key wide receivers not impressing the coaching staff - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 6 Apr 2006 21:08:56 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of mlive.com, reports just three short weeks into the Detroit Lions offseason conditioning program, sources said WRs Charles Rogers and Mike Williams have not impressed the new coaching staff. Rogers has been attending the workouts but the coaches have been underwhelmed by his attitude and focus. Rogers' alleged reputation for being a partier remains. Williams didn't show up for any of the workouts last week. His agent said he left because of a "family matter.' Williams is reportedly out of shape and overweight. Both wide receivers will need to improve their focus, or they could find themselves battling for a roster spot.

Lions | C. Rogers discussed in trade talks - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 1 Apr 2006 07:42:29 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers has been discussed in trade talks.

Lions | Status of team’s grievance against Rogers’ unclear - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 28 Mar 2006 06:18:16 -0800

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports it is unclear whether the new collective bargaining agreement will affect the Detroit Lions' grievance against WR Charles Rogers. The team filed a grievance against him in 2005, trying to recoup $10.184 million of his $14.4 million signing bonus because they said his drug suspension put him in default of his contract. The labor agreement doesn't allow teams to put language in contracts like the language the Lions put in Rogers'. The player's union contends that applies to contracts and grievances executed under the old agreement; the league likely will contend it doesn't. Harold Henderson, chairman of the NFL management council, said it hadn't been determined.

Lions | Wide receivers being challenged - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 28 Mar 2006 06:11:12 -0800

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WRs Charles Rogers, Roy E. Williams and Mike Williams are learning life will be different with new head coach Rod Marinelli. The wide receivers haven't been known for their work ethic and Marinelli and his staff will demand more of them and everyone else. "They'll do the work," team president Matt Millen said. "That's not the problem. The problem is learning to be consistent in the work, day in and day out at a high level. They won't be alone." So far, the receivers have been fine. Asked if Mike Williams is overweight, Millen said: "Aren't we all? Am I concerned about it? Not right now. The approach right now is pretty good."

Lions | C. Rogers has good first week - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:06:04 -0800

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions team president Matt Millen said WR Charles Rogers had a good week in the first official week of the off-season conditioning program.

Lions | C. Rogers might be able to keep his bonus - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 24 Mar 2006 05:21:48 -0800

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers may be able to keep his full signing bonus because of the new collective bargaining agreement being reached. As part of the extension, the power has swung from owners to the players in the so-called "disciplinary" clauses. For Rogers, that means the Lions aren't likely to prevail in their bid to reclaim more than $10 million of the $14 million rookie signing bonus Rogers received as a first-round draft pick in 2003. The NFL Players Association's position last year was that the Lions had no right to go after a player's signing bonus and that forfeiting the game checks was the appropriate punishment. The union's position now is that "disciplinary" clauses in the extension, which are still being fine-tuned as negotiations continue, strengthen their stand. Rogers' agent, Kevin Poston, has been in contact with the union and said he never doubted that the signing bonus was off limits.

Lions | Rogers reports to start of conditioning program - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:54:30 -0800

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said WR Charles Rogers was in the building for the start of the team's offseason conditioning program Monday, March 20, and "ready to roll." Rogers has played only 15 games in three years because of injuries, a suspension and benchings.

Lions | Rogers working hard - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 14 Mar 2006 05:36:43 -0800

The Detroit Free Press reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers has been catching balls from machines to hone his technique, and he has been catching passes from QBs Joey Harrington, Dan Orlovsky and Shaun King, who have been in "quarterback school" with offensive coordinator Mike Martz. "He's a good, young talent," wide receivers coach Kippy Brown said. "Hopefully he'll continue to show up, work and stay healthy."

Lions | Marinelli meets with Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:11:18 -0800

Steve Pate, of The Daily Oakland Press, reports Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli commented on a recent meeting he had with WR Charles Rogers. "He had a chance to come by last week, and I was impressed. He came in, and we had a chance to visit, had a workout in, and my first impressions were very good. First impressions, that's all I can say. I had a chance to sit down with him and tell him about what we are, what I want, what I expect. And we just had a good conversation as we sat there. Now, what does that mean? It means it's a first step. That was good," Marinelli said.

Lions | Rogers will return; needs to work harder - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 22 Feb 2006 05:56:38 -0800

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers will return to the Lions in 2006, team president Matt Millen said Tuesday, Feb. 21. He had better be ready to work hard. Rogers is relatively cheap to bring back. His lack of playing time kept him from triggering escalator clauses in his contract, and his base salary is $757,917 for 2006. The new coaches say they will demand more of Rogers and fellow WRs Roy E. Williams and Mike Williams.

Lions | Wide receivers will have to compete - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 17 Feb 2006 20:38:38 -0800

Steve Pate, of The Daily Oakland Press, reports Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz claims the wide receiving corps of WR Roy E. Williams, WR Charles Rogers, and WR Mike Williams will be made to compete. Martz said, "You look at these guys and see the potential that's not been realized, and you think maybe you can do that. That's the ego in you. The only thing I would say is they've got to compete, and we'll give them every opportunity to compete. They're going to be made to compete, or basically, it's going to be very difficult for them."

Lions | Week 17 Inactives - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 1 Jan 2006 09:29:42 -0800

The Detroit Lions have declared WR Charles Rogers, LB Donte' Curry, QB Jeff Garcia, FS Jon McGraw, SS Scott McGarrahan, TE Sean McHugh, WR Troy Edwards, OT Victor Rogers inactive for Week 17.

Lions | C. Rogers inactive Week 17 - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 1 Jan 2006 08:54:00 -0800

Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers is inactive for the team's Week 17 game.

Lions | C. Rogers active - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:06:15 -0800

Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers is active for the team's Week 14 game.

Lions | Rogers unlikely to suit up in Week 14 - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:32:36 -0800

Steve Pate, of The Daily Oakland Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers is doubtful to suit up in Week 14 against the Green Bay Packers.

Lions | Rogers not in top four - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:43:31 -0800

Steve Pate, of The Daily Oakland Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers, the second overall pick in 2003, is not in the top four wide receivers on the team, according to interim head coach Dick Jauron. It is Jauron's preference to only suit up four receivers for every game.
    Link of the DayKFFL GUIDE

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

But besides all that, he's not bad, right? ;D ;D

Thanks PPE for the sig.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I wouldn't give up a 1st day draft pick for either Rogers or Mike Williams.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

I think you can add Freddie Mitchell to that list as well.

What is the deal with Poole? I don't know anything about him....
    Yes you do.

He was the Arizona receiver that caught the TD that knocked the Vikes out of the playoffs a couple years back.

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

phrophet, i must say you have alot of time on your hands if you read all that about a player you dont like!!!!
    a simple no, would just as good.
    i simly know that rogers will just get hurt once again and should be kept away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast