Vikings confident frustrated fans still support team

[size=13pt]Vikings confident frustrated fans still support team[/size]

Associated Press
    Published Friday, December 29, 2006

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: Vikings confident frustrated fans still support team

Center Matt Birk says even though the Vikings are struggling at 6-and-9 and won't make the playoffs, the true fans always show up.
    OMG did Matt use the true fan tag?
    ;D

WWBGD

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I say they are right, but that don't mean we don't get pissed off at them.. I know most of us here are diehard Minnesota Vikings fans, but this season I got pissed off at them more then I have in recent memory..

Its that they underachieve every single year.. It doesn't matter what players they get, what system they play under, or how much hype they have going into a season, they always seem to let their fans down.. It just hit a boiling point for me this season.. That doesn't mean that I won't watch them again, or that I won't come to Minnesota for a game again.. Its just that they were suppose to be good this season, and they blew it..

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I say they are right, but that don't mean we don't get pissed off at them.. I know most of us here are diehard Minnesota Vikings fans, but this season I got pissed off at them more then I have in recent memory..

Its that they underachieve every single year.. It doesn't matter what players they get, what system they play under, or how much hype they have going into a season, they always seem to let their fans down.. It just hit a boiling point for me this season.. That doesn't mean that I won't watch them again, or that I won't come to Minnesota for a game again.. Its just that they were suppose to be good this season, and they blew it..
    While I have typically agreed with your view in the past, I'm starting to wonder if its not "us" the fans who are actually letting ourselves down.
    Could it simply be that we are going into each season blindly thinking that our team is better than it really is?
    It seams like I've been disapointed
    every season since I became a fan!
    The Vikes have been one win away from a superbowl and I've concluded the season a failure because we didn't win it all.
    Just a thoght.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

While I have typically agreed with your view in the past, I'm starting to wonder if its not "us" the fans who are actually letting ourselves down.
    Could it simply be that we are going into each season blindly thinking that our team is better than it really is?
    It seams like I've been disapointed
    every season since I became a fan!
    The Vikes have been one win away from a superbowl and I've concluded the season a failure because we didn't win it all.
    Just a thoght.
    Of course we're blind about it!
    That's the fun of sports!
    In training camp, everyone has a chance, our players will make the great strides needed, our coaching staff will make the right calls, our team will avoid the killer injuries!

When the cold reality sets in (if it does), it's tough to go back on those expectations because you always want to believe This Is Our Year!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"RK." wrote:
    Center Matt Birk says even though the Vikings are struggling at 6-and-9 and won't make the playoffs, the true fans always show up.
    OMG did Matt use the true fan tag?

;D

the full quote was
    “I meet so many people who are die-hard Vikings fans,” center Matt Birk said. “It’s like they just bleed purple and love the team win or lose. I think even though we’re struggling, it’s still a football town. Our true fans, they always show up.”
    I think he was indicating that the bandwagon fans don't always show whereas the 'always there' fans will show up.. thats not to say the 'true' fans won't give the team a hard time but they will be there in person to do it

Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

well if I could go I would,but this year has been rough maybe next year I may get some season tix instead........ and go be loud and proud in the THUNDERDOME
    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

bearitall Guest

"True fans" ride the wave...high tide or low tide they are always there to ride it.

Cheers to a great season in '07.
    We do tend to hype ourselves up in order to believe in our team.
    Perhaps the team needs to join a PPO tailgate before the game to get hyped!
    LOL

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Of course we still support them! We love the Vikings, no matter how painful a season may be. I'll root for them if they're 0-16 or 16-0....that's what being a fan is all about.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    Of course we still support them! We love the Vikings, no matter how painful a season may be. I'll root for them if they're 0-16 or 16-0....that's what being a fan is all about.
    If you weren't a true fan you would switching teams ever 5 minutes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast