Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: vikings.com

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: vikings.com

"webmaster" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    Am I alone in thinking the official Vikings site isn't as good as it could be? If I want any info on the Vikes PPO is the first place I come to followed by a google news search. I have gone on other official NFL sites to get the lowdown on other teams and to be honest they put vikings.com to shame. Fair enough for actual news its ok but the rest of the content is somewhat lacking, where are the downloads, forums, videos, editorials etc?

IMO we deserve better, I'm just glad that PPO is here definitely the best Vikings site on the web, and you guys do it for free! However someone is getting paid for the official site and frankly it's not good enough.
    And you have no idea how much money they spent putting together that piece of crap. Blame Atomic Playpen. Their web strategy always sounds good, but sucks in real life. Web property after web property they talk a good game and then F!!ck it up. Piss poor, and its a shame.
    Perhaps we have found a job opportunity for Shockzilla to improve the site. :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:

Why are you guys searching other teams sites?
    The only reason I look at other teams sites is to get information on upcoming opponents, or when something like the TO situation blew up. Living in the U.K media coverage about the NFL is almost non existant, so I rely on the internet for news. Having been a Viking fan for almost 20 years I am not about to change allegiance now (or ever).

And as others have said, thanks webby for this site.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"scottishvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Why are you guys searching other teams sites?
    The only reason I look at other teams sites is to get information on upcoming opponents, or when something like the TO situation blew up. Living in the U.K media coverage about the NFL is almost non existant, so I rely on the internet for news. Having been a Viking fan for almost 20 years I am not about to change allegiance now (or ever).

And as others have said, thanks webby for this site.
    Good enough reason for me (as if I count) :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i don't think they have a forum so people arn't trash talking the team, they don't have much news i think because they don't want everyone knowing everything thats going on like trades and things of that nature.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

It seems "team" sites are always a little behind, sometimes weeks late in posting new info,regardless of what team or sport.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123